Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 04:50 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,092,282 times

Advertisements

My husband's family came to the country during the very beginning (as "real American" as you could possibly get), and he's a hell of a lot more left leaning than I am (and that's saying something). He actually eagerly voted for Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 05:22 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,201,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
As a dual national who wasn't born here but grew up largely here, works, pays taxes, does jury duty when called, votes, and cares very much about the well-being of the country... go step on a Lego.
But you have divided loyalties. Most Americans do not. How is anyone to be assured that your loyalties are not to a foreign nation and that your actions and motives behind them are not serving the interests of your native country?

This is the very reason why there is a prescription against the foreign born as leaders.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:32 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,078,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Real Americans meaning not immigrants/foreigners or "New Americans"...people who have little or no American cultural identity or who do not have a longstanding tie to the country. Basically if your parents or grandparents were not Americans, then you're far more likely to not be "a real American".

"Real American" would also exclude anyone that owes allegiance or has allegiance to a foreign nation - dual nationals, double agents, people who hold globalist views, etc and so forth.
Were you wearing a white hood while typing this?

Old 06-05-2018, 05:36 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,526,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
His guilt of what? Russian Collusion? Banging a willing stripper? Recieving 145 million dollars from the Russians, Destroying Libya? Freeing Terrorists As bad as Trump is he is improvement over the Nation destroying, Terrorist freeing Obama. When he is responsible for as many deaths as his peace prize winning predessessor we can hold him in the same esteem
He is responsible for almost 4500 deaths in Puerto Rico on his watch and hasn't even been two years!

Old 06-05-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
But you have divided loyalties. Most Americans do not. How is anyone to be assured that your loyalties are not to a foreign nation and that your actions and motives behind them are not serving the interests of your native country?

This is the very reason why there is a prescription against the foreign born as leaders.
No, I do not. Don't speak for me. I care about both my countries. The well-being of two countries aren't mutually exclusive.

If it was really a problem, the US could simply disallow dual citizenship, like plenty of countries do. But that isn't the case.

I could understand not wanting actual political leaders to be dual citizens, but I'm just a normal person.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:02 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,078,985 times
Quote:
No, I do not. Don't speak for me. I care about both my countries. The well-being of two countries aren't mutually exclusive.

If it was really a problem, the US could simply disallow dual citizenship, like plenty of countries do. But that isn't the case.

I could understand not wanting actual political leaders to be dual citizens, but I'm just a normal person.
500 years from now. There will be folks like him saying “only real Earthlings are from Earth. None of these communist Martians! Go back to your own planet!”

Old 06-05-2018, 06:23 PM

62,590 posts, read 28,779,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Here's a clue:

Wanting a better life isn't a valid reason to break our immigration laws.

Becoming an American isn't supposed to be easy.

Any orphanage, no matter how well intentioned, can only take in so many children before it has to start neglecting the ones it already has in order to take care of the new ones.

And a country has a right to decide who it lets in and how many.

No one, from any country, has a "right" to immigrate to America.

These liberal leftists and ethnocentrics don't operate under common sense it's all about bleeding heart emotion with them and for many of them it's because these illegals are of the same ethnic group as they are. We cannot accommodate every immigrant that wants to come here. Why can't they grasp that simple concept? We don't have the jobs and resources to support all those that desire to come here and become citizens as we did in the past. Our population has grown immensely since the past.

Illegal aliens don't care about that it's all about them and their own selfish needs and to hell with our laws and our own citizens. Foreigners who break our immigration laws would not make good citizens anyway they have already shown no respect for our laws or the American people. Not only did they jump our border illegally or over stayed their visas but have committed crimes in order to work and reside here. They live a life of lies and law breaking. We don't owe them anything not do we need those type of people.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
500 years from now. There will be folks like him saying “only real Earthlings are from Earth. None of these communist Martians! Go back to your own planet!”
Then they'll see what real aliens are.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Were you wearing a white hood while typing this?
Says the guy whose handle is literally advertising his ethnic identity!! Gawd the irony - can’t make this stuff up.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:55 AM

Quote:

They could be and often are mutually exclusive. You just stated you have divided loyalties . Or as you put it “care”.

Still denying that hyphenated Americanism is not the same as real Americanism undiluted by foreign loyalties and cares ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies