Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 08:51 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Again -- you make it sound like Trump won with a huge margin.

He didn't. He eked out wins in some states and that impacted electoral votes.

There was no big upset or huge majority win in any swing state. He won big in republican states and barely won in states that were Democratic or swing states.
This was not a huge movement. It just wasn't.

This is a myth created in your own mind.

And even polls taken today don't show and overwhelming support of the President.

It just doesn't exist.

The country is very divided and too closely to have any party claim any kind of sweeping endorsement from American voters.

And -- of course -- Trump won. No disputing, no argument. He won fair and square but not because of any grand movement from voters.
I agree with you regarding Trump, but not regarding political ideology. There is not a huge majority endorsement of Trump, but there is a majority of Americans fed up with democrats.
Democrats have lost over 1;000 political seats in the last few years —democrats are in the minority politically now, and that’s from the reasons I cited in my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 08:58 AM

304 posts, read 160,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It goes back to their desire to "purify" society so that it looks like an episode of Leave it to Beaver. That drives everything they believe in or fight for. People who aren't white, straight, Christian, and who won't submit to patriarchy have no place in this society.

What I have always found hysterical is they complain about illegals taking their jobs but you know who they never blame...the guy who hired the illegal. Its as if they believe if you are an illegal its the law that a business owner has to hire them.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:05 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Real Americans meaning not immigrants/foreigners or "New Americans"...people who have little or no American cultural identity or who do not have a longstanding tie to the country. Basically if your parents or grandparents were not Americans, then you're far more likely to not be "a real American".

"Real American" would also exclude anyone that owes allegiance or has allegiance to a foreign nation - dual nationals, double agents, people who hold globalist views, etc and so forth.
You shouldn't talk about Trump's choice of wife that way.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:06 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Real Americans meaning not immigrants/foreigners or "New Americans"...people who have little or no American cultural identity or who do not have a longstanding tie to the country. Basically if your parents or grandparents were not Americans, then you're far more likely to not be "a real American".

"Real American" would also exclude anyone that owes allegiance or has allegiance to a foreign nation - dual nationals, double agents, people who hold globalist views, etc and so forth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Like Trump, whose grandfather was banished from Germany/Bavaria for not doing military service and immigrated to the U.S.? And his mother who immigrated as a young woman from a shamed and impoverished Scottish family? Those kind of foreigners---that make a person not a "real American"?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-royal-decree

The REAL story of Donald Trump's mother who climbed from penniless Scottish immigrant | Daily Mail Online

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...cotland-215779

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2...amily-fortune/

So Trump is not a "Real American".

Old 06-05-2018, 09:10 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
What I have always found hysterical is they complain about illegals taking their jobs but you know who they never blame...the guy who hired the illegal. Its as if they believe if you are an illegal its the law that a business owner has to hire them.
There are certainly few legal consequences for doing so.

Article last year about a farmer who hired his migrant labor through official channels. It was more expensive and cumbersome while his competitors continued their usual practice without consequences at all.

Employer penalties are so minimal that they are no deterrent, merely the cost of doing business.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:18 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
My family arrived during the colonial era. Some were Welsh Quakers ... Daniel Boone's mother came from my family, other were English and Scots-Irish. I have two ancestors who fought to free this country in the American Revolution and received land grants for that near the Mississippi river, and another one that fought as a dragoon in the Battle of New Orleans and against the Creek. I am also part native American/Cherokee through that same family, and it seems I may have some Dominican (part African) ancestry through my grandfather born in New Orleans, at least the records suggest it.

On the other side of my family my grandparents were born in Europe.

I don't think I am unique at all, there are many families just like mine. We are all mixed up, and I like it.

I reject the concept that if my grandparents were not born in the USA I am not a real American. I reject that ultra-nationalist right-wing supremacist bull ****, and I am a voter.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:32 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:

If you are a veteran and an old F-4 pilot, thank you for your service, but in virtually every one of your posts, you exemplify an attitude that makes me very grateful that you are no longer controlling a combat aircraft.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 06-05-2018 at 09:42 AM..

Old 06-05-2018, 09:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I agree with you regarding Trump, but not regarding political ideology. There is not a huge majority endorsement of Trump, but there is a majority of Americans fed up with democrats.
Democrats have lost over 1;000 political seats in the last few years —democrats are in the minority politically now, and that’s from the reasons I cited in my post.
You say that -- but more voters voted Democratic than Republican in the last election.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:39 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The color chart was left behind by Obama. America didn't like that hue.
Finally an admission that trump's supporters are racist!! Congrats!!

Old 06-05-2018, 09:57 AM

304 posts, read 160,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There are certainly few legal consequences for doing so.

Article last year about a farmer who hired his migrant labor through official channels. It was more expensive and cumbersome while his competitors continued their usual practice without consequences at all.

Employer penalties are so minimal that they are no deterrent, merely the cost of doing business.

I have always maintained that if we fined the ever loving hell out of these guys, also slap on jail time for repeat offenders the illegal immigrant problem would solve itself.

No incentive/severe penalties to hire illegals=no one hires illegals = illegals go away = Americans get the jobs

However its hire illegal, then blame illegals for being hired, but for the love of god and everything holy do not punish the business owner screwing the American working man because they are a job creator, not an AMERICAN job creator mind you but job creators are infallible so whatever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies