Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 08:01 AM

50,079 posts, read 46,654,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
School shootings should certainly be a concern when it comes to overall school safety but when you consider there are over 100,000 schools in the country there is a higher chance that a kid will be hit by a car on the way to school then a shooter getting in and killing kids.

There is a higher probability that a teacher will be having sex with a student then a shooter getting in.

How about kids being bullied or kids that are pushed along through the system and graduate practically illiterate. We have kids that know nothing about history but everything about their favorite celebrity.

Our schools have lots of issues and mass shootings are a huge problem but actually there are many other issues that do not get the medias attention.

For the record I think that a person should be 21 to buy a semi automatic rifle.
Then the age to enter the military needs to match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 09:03 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,691,360 times
Quote:
School shootings should certainly be a concern when it comes to overall school safety but when you consider there are over 100,000 schools in the country there is a higher chance that a kid will be hit by a car on the way to school then a shooter getting in and killing kids.

There is a higher probability that a teacher will be having sex with a student then a shooter getting in.

How about kids being bullied or kids that are pushed along through the system and graduate practically illiterate. We have kids that know nothing about history but everything about their favorite celebrity.

Our schools have lots of issues and mass shootings are a huge problem but actually there are many other issues that do not get the medias attention.

For the record I think that a person should be 21 to buy a semi automatic rifle.
You think Betsy will work on all those issues you raised above?

Old 06-06-2018, 09:08 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,098,155 times
I can see not investigating it as part of a given study, but acting like it doesn't exist is illogical.

Then again, when is she ever logical? Congress delivered a heavy ass whupping when it came time for her items on the budget, so I don't think she has any real power. I'm surprised that Trump kept a loser like her on his team.

He doesn't like losers. I figure her family has something on him or he finds their billions useful or he'd have fired her already.

Last edited by RedZin; 06-07-2018 at 07:16 PM..

Old 06-06-2018, 09:58 AM

4,342 posts, read 5,771,385 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is a slippery slope and really one of those pick and choose your battles type of thing. If one changes, it will have after effects. When details come out about these school shootings is a huge majority (not all-Parkland for example) of them are kids getting a hold of these firearms that the parents have purchased.
Graham Allen did an interview on Fox news a couple of months back and this was one of the topics they covered.
Graham Allen: Our rights and freedoms are not up for debate | On Air Videos | Fox News
In the end, this is suppose to be talked about within the presidents cabinet including the school safety commission. Both the topic of firearms and safety do go hand in hand. DeVos is an idiot because she can't link the two together.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:00 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,047,286 times
Forgive me, but I assume a "school safety committee" was created due to all the recent school shootings over the last few years....yet the committee will not consider or address school shootings

Old 06-06-2018, 10:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,846,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Betsy DeVos heading the new commission formed to ensure safety in school, will not look at school shootings.

What will she study, "Duck and Cover?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...gs-won-n880271

What a ding bat! Can we get competent people to run our country???
And we can all vouch for a fact this is a lie because at every school - shooting drills are part of the safety protocol,

Smirking as she lies.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:11 PM

13,162 posts, read 21,713,912 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why? Military personnel don't buy guns, they are issued them. There is no age restriction on operating guns in this country.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:31 PM

7,814 posts, read 4,527,747 times
Next up: A commission on traffic safety that won't include the role of automobiles.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:01 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,381,736 times
DeVos is a complete joke. She needs to be replaced.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:12 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,125,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Next up: A commission on traffic safety that won't include the role of automobiles.
Nancy DeVos tried to convince the FAAs safety commission not to talk about airplanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies