Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 10:17 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Are you also a Holocaust denier? Are you from another country? Are you a white sheet?

There's been a list compiled of 4,000 who were lynched - some for things like bumping into a white woman or wearing an Army uniform.

Jesus, man, educate yourself - you sound like an ignoramus.
No, I don't. If I were an ignoramus I would be repeating the fake history that you're repeating.

Again, name these people who were lynched randomly or because they were uppity.

You can't do it because (1) there weren't any (or at the most very few), (2) you're ignorant on the subject, or (3) both of the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There are a little over 4,000 blacks lynchings known. A significant percentage involve no crime or act.
Is 0.1% really significant?

And why are you including lynchings in which black mobs lynched other blacks?

Old 06-09-2018, 10:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, I don't. If I were an ignoramus I would be repeating the fake history that you're repeating.

Again, name these people who were lynched randomly or because they were uppity.

You can't do it because (1) there weren't any (or at the most very few), (2) you're ignorant on the subject, or (3) both of the above.
Some are named in the article I linked to. READ IT instead of asking others to chew your food.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:36 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
You're joking, right?? Black men were beaten half to death for looking at white women. They were lynched for no reason, made up reasons, lies, and a whole host of things.

That you're so ignorant to American history means you may not have been born in America, which is fine, but don't insinuate someone is lying based on your lack of education about the subject.
They were 100 years ago. However, that is hardly a leading cause of death today.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:36 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Is 0.1% really significant?

And why are you including lynchings in which black mobs lynched other blacks?
From Yale -

The accusations against persons lynched, according to the Tuskegee Institute records for the years 1882 to 1951, were: in 41 per cent for felonious assault, 19.2 per cent for rape, 6.1 per cent for attempted rape, 4.9 per cent for robbery and theft, 1.8 per cent for insult to white persons, and 22.7 per cent for miscellaneous offenses or no offense at a 11.5 In the last category are all sorts of trivial “offenses†such as “disputing with a white man,†attempting to register to vote, “unpopularityâ€, self-defense, testifying against a white man, “asking a white woman in marriageâ€, and “peeping in a window.â€

Being charged with a crime did not necessarily mean that the person charged was guilty of the crime. Mob victims ware often known to have been innocent of misdeeds. A special study by Arthur Raper of nearly one hundred lynchings convinced him that approximately one-third of the victims were falsely accused.6 Occasionally mobs were mistaken in the identity of their victims.

79.02.04: The Negro Holocaust: Lynching and Race Riots in the United States,1880-1950

Old 06-09-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Some are named in the article I linked to. READ IT instead of asking others to chew your food.
Such hatred! Hatred of the truth! Hatred of intelligence! Hatred of independent thinking! Wow!

I read the article. No such cases were mentioned in the article. All the cases in the article were of people who were accused of capital crimes, although the article claims without proof that some were innocent.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
They were 100 years ago. However, that is hardly a leading cause of death today.
Bob, did you see the post I responded to which I quoted? It wasn't about today.

Quote:
What I said is that the historical narrative regarding lynching is a lie. Blacks were not lynched randomly; they were not lynched because they were "uppity"; they were not the only people who were lynched.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I read the article. No such cases were mentioned in the article. All the cases in the article were of people who were accused of capital crimes, although the article claims without proof that some were innocent.
You didn't read the article very carefully if you missed the part about the lynching done because a man bumped into a white woman, or another because the man was wearing an Army uniform.

I get it - you've got a thing against black folks. 'Nuff said.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:44 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Bob, did you see the post I responded to which I quoted? It wasn't about today.

I think it is getting away from thread topic.

I may not like this businessman, but I hardly fear widespread lynching returning to the USA. Thank God.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
You didn't read the article very carefully if you missed the part about the lynching done because a man bumped into a white woman, or another because the man was wearing an Army uniform.

I get it - you've got a thing against black folks. 'Nuff said.
You've got a thing against white folks. 'Nuff said.

The article did not mention any case in which those things happened. It just asserted they happened, without saying when, where, or to whom. You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

I can name one black man who -- according to the records -- was lynched for no good reason, just racial prejudice. And I can give you the when and the where. But you can't name him (or anyone else), because you're just parroting stupid propaganda, and you have no idea of what actually happened. Most lynchings were for murder and rape.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 06-09-2018 at 11:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies