Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2018, 08:14 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Ssociety doesn't progress through force and coercion? Literally every civilized society that has ever existed has relied on force and coercion.
translation But mommy everybody does it. Wow you really, really convinced me.

Quote:
That doesn't mean they were all evil police states...some degree of force and coercion is needed for society to function.
lol Because you said so?

"some degree of force and coercion is needed for society to function" That is a disgusting statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 08:40 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Italians and southern and eastern European immigrants in general were the targets of rabid bigotry in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. A great many Americans did not consider them to be white...and thus they were to targets of much racism. They were actually one of the major targets of the KKK during its heyday in the 1910s and 1920s.
Catholics and Jews were also targeted by the KKK.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:52 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
translation But mommy everybody does it. Wow you really, really convinced me.

lol Because you said so?

"some degree of force and coercion is needed for society to function" That is a disgusting statement.
Collectivists only know force and violence in general.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:29 AM

30,148 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I get to decide on the number then?

Isn't that discriminatory against large parties?

Leningrad? No comrade its not. Just like restaurants add 20% to the check of large parties.

I know you are just trying to stir the pot but your arguments are weak and not well thought out. Maybe its in the translation to English.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:03 AM

13,949 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Collectivists only know force and violence in general.
Indeed.

The means-ends fallacy writ large. If the noble end requires violent, coercive, tyrannical means, so be it.

And public roads and schools, or something...

Old 06-11-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Leningrad? No comrade its not. Just like restaurants add 20% to the check of large parties.

I know you are just trying to stir the pot but your arguments are weak and not well thought out. Maybe its in the translation to English.
Leningrad is for s-hits and giggles. I've been called a Russian troll to Nazi on this board. When it comes from a statist (like yourself) it lets me know I'm upholding my principles.

My argument is morally and logically sound. Your argument is neither moral or logical.

No person has the right to initiate force on another. If I build a chair and wish to sell it I have every right to dictate all terms under which I will sell the chair as long as I don't initiate force on others.

If an involuntary 3rd party tells me who, when, how, what currency to accept for the chair...at gunpoint...that is slavery.

If not for my mind and body that particular chair would not exist therefore no one's rights are violated if they never buy the chair either by choice or me turning them down for wearing blue shoes.

Once you dictate the terms of a voluntary exchange at gunpoint it ceases to be a voluntary exchange and becomes slavery...either to the consumer or more appropriately the party holding the gun to your head (the government).

Old 06-11-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Indeed.

The means-ends fallacy writ large. If the noble end requires violent, coercive, tyrannical means, so be it.

And public roads and schools, or something...
You can have all sorts of great morals and ideals under the means-ends fallacy: freedom, self-ownership, private property rights, non-aggression.

But if you get there by enslavement, violence, forced collectivism...what in the world are you doing it for anyway?

*sigh*

I'm glad my mind "clicked" and I can't understand statism anymore. The cognitive dissonance would ravage my mind like one of those rare amoebas that devour your brain.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:11 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Really? You believe this steaming pile of brown goo too? You encourage this garbage? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
More delusional racist nonsense!

I guess this is the stuff that Trump plans to use in Making America Great Again...

The very idea of referring to "steaming pile of brown goo" and "garbage", as being representative of other races or ethnic groups outside of Caucasians.

Is this really the Alt-Right direction we as Americans really want to go?
wow. so now, even describing poop as being brown gets the LWNJs shrieking 'racist!!!'

Old 06-11-2018, 11:16 AM

13,949 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
You can have all sorts of great morals and ideals under the means-ends fallacy: freedom, self-ownership, private property rights, non-aggression.

But if you get there by enslavement, violence, forced collectivism...what in the world are you doing it for anyway?

*sigh*

I'm glad my mind "clicked" and I can't understand statism anymore. The cognitive dissonance would ravage my mind like one of those rare amoebas that devour your brain.
My means-end point is that no properly moral end can be achieved with immoral means. It is impossible. Collectivists simply do not or will not understand that.

I totally agree with you on having my eyes opened to statism/collectivism. Now that they are open, I cannot un-see the truth of it all.

On topic - any business should reserve the same freedom of association that any individual possesses, which is the freedom t form or not form associations based on anything, everything or nothing at all, so long as they do not initiate foce upon anyone. That such freedom of association bothers so many people is quite literally incomprehensible to me. I just cannot understand why the vast majority of the citizenry is so fond of sticking guns in everyone's faces for so many various reasons.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:19 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If any group, based solely on their skin color, has a right to demand a "space", then all groups based solely on their skin color can demand the same thing. It's a simple idea that many activists don't understand, what with everyone being special and all.
Uh, no.

African Americans or LGBT or anyone else who has been denied equal access or opportunities to say goods, services, accommodations, simply want have the same opportunity as others. That's it.

I don't want to have to be denied a room at the inn, a seat at the restaurant, or the need to fill up my car's fuel tank simply because the owner is racist or bigoted and won't serve me.

Frankly, to frame equal opportunity in public accommodations by people who have been historically restricted to access that as "special rights" is intellectually dishonest. I've seen that tautology used by people who opposed legislation protection LGBTQ people from discrimination posed as "special rights." Well, if ya'll didn't discriminate, we wouldn't need that legislation in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies