Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 01:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm aware of the social contract theory.

I don't subscribe to magical fairy tales though, sorry.

And you can't make me (actually you can and do at gunpoint).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 01:14 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I have a question for all the pro-legislation folks (AKA violent SOBs )

Can I put a sign on my door saying I only want people with enough money on their person to enter the establishment?

Meaning they need to have enough money to purchase the cheapest thing I have listed.

I put a man at the door and he checks anyone who wishes to enter.

Is this ok?

Also, what if all my prices are negotiable and I don't put label my goods? Can I still have my man at the door demand to see a certain amount of money on your person before you enter?
Well one can simply come back with the right change. I cant just go back home and change my skin color though.

Either way we can all agree that you’d be the dumbest buisiness man in history..

Old 06-12-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Well one can simply come back with the right change. I cant just go back home and change my skin color though.

Either way we can all agree that you’d be the dumbest buisiness man in history..
You didn't answer the question.

And me being the dumbest business man ever doesn't impact anyone but me.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer the question.

And me being the dumbest business man ever doesn't impact anyone but me.
There are clubs that check id, or require a certain attire. So yeah, I guess you’ll be fine.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I'm aware of the social contract theory.

I don't subscribe to magical fairy tales though, sorry.

And you can't make me (actually you can and do at gunpoint).

“I wanna play baseball but I don’t think I should run aroubd tge diamond. Im just gonna run straight to home base because I don’t think the rules apply to me”.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
There are clubs that check id, or require a certain attire. So yeah, I guess you’ll be fine.
But then I'm discriminating against (relatively) poor(er) people, no?

Or at the very least I'm discriminating against people who forget their wallets on the way out the door in the morning.

Sounds unfair to me.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
“I wanna play baseball but I don’t think I should run aroubd tge diamond. Im just gonna run straight to home base because I don’t think the rules apply to me”.
I'm a grown-up.

I consent to my life.

If I wanted involuntary rules on me for my entire life I would have lived with my parents forever...or at least bought a DeLorean to go back in time to when I was a kid.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
But then I'm discriminating against (relatively) poor(er) people, no?

Or at the very least I'm discriminating against people who forget their wallets on the way out the door in the morning.

Sounds unfair to me.
Well one can rise out of being poor. One can borrow a suit.
But now if you bar someone because of their skin color, they cannot change that. And thats where your logic fails.
Again I hope your trolling because I cannot believe that had to be explained. Are you like 12?

Old 06-12-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Well one can rise out of being poor. One can borrow a suit.
But now if you bar someone because of their skin color, they cannot change that. And thats where your logic fails.
Again I hope your trolling because I cannot believe that had to be explained. Are you like 12?
I'm just using your own rules against you.

That's what I do when I'm faced with moral and illogical consistency such as yours. I learned it from Alinsky...someone you're probably familiar with.

What if your "race" is ambiguous? Most people think I'm black or Afro-Puerto Rican and I'm a mix of mostly black with some white but again...that Afro-Puerto Rican phenotype gets me every time.

How do we know the man at the door is denying me entry based on my attire or lack of funds and not my skin color?

This is getting so confusing. I think we need a government agency to handle it.

Who's up for more taxes?!

Old 06-12-2018, 01:49 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Calling anti-discrimination laws "aggression" and "violence" is a red herring. Anti-discrimination laws are anti-discrimination laws for a reason. They were in response to discrimination, which is aggression. As for laws, when you enter into a social contract, that is an agreement between you the individual, and the state. Under such contract, you cannot call laws "violence". You consent to having laws. When you live in America, you consent to laws.

And it isn't "laws" that are the problem. It is the type of laws and the enforcement of such laws. Without laws, we would have even more aggression than we do now. Anarchy often means people will do whatever they want, and in many cases, violence comes because they know there is no law to stop them.
The whole belief system is a red herring. Pretending it's all about peace, when it's about nothing but preserving the status quo.

It literally goes against the principals of what this country was founded on, and basically beheads all the powers granted by the 2nd amendment. You can own a gun, but you sure as hell can't use it against your oppressors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies