Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 08:38 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I wonder if the anti-choicers in here are as supportive of extended paid parental leave and universal healthcare as they are forcing a woman to be an incubator for a fetus that could impact the rest of her life?
Of course they aren't. They are in favor of cutting off any aid to that child once it's through the birth canal and allowing it to starve and/or languish for lack of care.

Anyone who thinks the forced-birthers actually care about children isn't being truthful. One cannot care about children while advocating slashing every program out there to ensure they thrive once they are here.

No one buys their hypocrisy except for their fellow forced-birthers.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:41 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Of course they aren't. They are in favor of cutting off any aid to that child once it's through the birth canal and allowing it to starve and/or languish for lack of care.

Anyone who thinks the forced-birthers actually care about children isn't being truthful. One cannot care about children while advocating slashing every program out there to ensure they thrive once they are here.

No one buys their hypocrisy except for their fellow forced-birthers.
And the mothers. Shouldn't have unexpectedly had your birth control fail if you couldn't afford care!

Old 06-06-2018, 08:43 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Why is this in the Political forum, anyway? It’s just celebrity talk about a medical procedure.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:46 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
That would have been around 1970. It was more crude and there were more complications possible and there was still a stigma. Now the procedure itself is not as traumatic or dangerous. She sounds mostly traumatized by fear at the time and a painful procedure done in a different era. Now there is much more info available and women do not need to be so scared of the unknown.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:09 AM

589 posts, read 300,195 times
I'm all about personal liberty. Government shouldn't dictate what we should do with our personal lives.

Sharon might have regretted having an abortion but that was HER personal choice and she should be glad that she HAD a choice. She may have made the wrong decision for HERSELF but she shouldn't take that option away for others, just because it wasn't the right choice for HER. She, like anyone else who decides that they want an abortion should consider ALL the factors involved BEFORE having the procedure done.

Having said that, since it IS a choice and government is and should not be involved in the decision, the individual must take full responsibility for their decision in all aspects, including financial, ethical and emotional effects of their decision.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:20 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Well said.

I have no probably with Sharon or any woman talking about her regrets but I do have a problem when someone who regrets her decision tries to take the legal right to make that same decision away from others.

As for her blaming her miscarriages on her abortion, what do I blame mine on? I've never had an abortion but I've had miscarriages. It's simply not creditable or fair to put that out there. Miscarriages are common.
Exactly. The critical point is that Sharon suspects that her miscarriages were a result of having an abortion. Without strong medical evidence to prove that abortion causes future miscarriage, she is mixing causation with correlation. Using her logic, she might also conclude that if she needed eye glasses two years after the abortion, abortion causes deterioration of vision.

It's unfortunate that she had miscarriages and that she carries guilt for having an abortion. She should not use her status as a public figure to attempt to perpetrate a false belief that abortion prevents future full term pregnancy because that simply is not true. She should go for counselling to address her sense of guilt for the abortion.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:23 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Ladies: Raise your hands if Sharon Osbourne's opinion has ever been a factor when you've made medical decisions about your body?

Old 06-06-2018, 09:26 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,763,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Ladies: Raise your hands if Sharon Osbourne's opinion has ever been a factor when you've made medical decisions about your body?
*raises hand*

She regrets it, but there are many women who don't and who go on to have children with no problems.

Against abortions, don't have one.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LMAO, I'd hardly call 3% a "primary function". Do you have any credible sources to back up your allegations?

Have you never heard of information and referral? Are you not aware that most gynecologists are also obstetricians, and also can provide pre-natal care?

Here is the list of additional pregnancy services offered at the local Planned Parenthood:

pregnancy testing
abortion referrals
adoption referrals
fertility awareness education
trained staff to discuss your options with you if you are pregnant

Sorry, you're the one who's wrong. Each Planned Parenthood location offers a different menu of services, but also included in most locations are breast cancer screenings, HIV testing, LGBT care, well-woman care, and men's health care.

See above. The Planned Parenthood location near me does provide pre-natal care up to 5 months, then refers out to another doctor who provides pre-natal care the last few months, and delivery.

It does not provide abortions.

Whaddaya know.

You begged her to keep it. You didn't beg her to let you keep it. See the difference?

Nor do I. I know women who regret not using birth control properly, and changed their habits after their abortions.

I know women who opted to go through with the pregnancy and adopt the baby out, or keep them. Some of them regret that choice.

None of us can make decisions for any other women. Period. Because we don't know what they're up against.
That 3% figure?

They count it like this:

Woman comes in for initial visit, gets tested for 3 STDs, gets tested for HIV, gets culture for possible bacterial infection, gets 4 packs of birth control and an antibiotic and gets counseled on safe sex.
# of services: 1+3+1+1+4+1+1 = 12 services

Woman comes in gets pregnancy test, is positive, is counseled on abortion, sets appt, comes back for abortion, ahs complications comes back in for followup.
# of services: 1 service

Again, you seriously have ZERO knowledge of what PP does. There are many ways they can bury what they are really doing using all sorts of statistical gymnastics.

Start listening to the directors and managers who have LEFT PP and are talking. Not one has been sued, not one has been gagged. What they are saying is TRUE.

If not, PP would file lawsuit after lawsuit.

And yes they refer out anyone who does not want an abortion. As in the only service they provide is ABORTIONS. There is no other reason to go there.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:30 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Look up Sharon Osbourne regrets and you will get a list. She regrets her stomach banding, her daughter moving out at 16, finding out her husband had long time affairs with several women, ...

Had she had the baby at 17, she might well be regretting that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies