Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 05:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The Plaintiff in Roe vs Wade said the SAME thing years ago and now is AGAINST abortion and if had the chance to do it over would NOT go through with it.
And for every woman who regrets it there are hundreds that don't.

The point -- is choice.

Give women the choice.

Talk out loud about sex, the consequences and even abortion.

But don't let the government dictate.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:56 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Of course it's the worst thing she's ever done....what's worse than having your child killed?

How many of these unwanted children have you taken under your wing, or how many have you helped families adopt ? I bet none. All your side wants to do is preach about "a baby" and how wrong it is, but you do not want to be part of the solution.

In fact, you would also love to dismantle Planned Parenthood, whose primary function is EDUCATING women and young girls, so they can prevent unwanted pregnancies. So easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, when you have no one in the game.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:57 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
They don't all regret it. My fiance had an abortion at 19 (she's 30 now) and still doesn't regret it, as she knows having a baby then in the circumstances she was in would have ruined her life
How so? She could've easily given the child up for adoption.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:58 AM

and yes Planned Parenthood has helped many young ladies carry on with their pregnancies.

Defund them and make abortions illegal -- you don't get rid of abortions -- you get rid of safe options for women and the opportunity for quality health care for those that may choose to carry on with their pregnancy.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I've never heard an abortion described or advertised in the way you have just worded that. Never.

I've never seen abortions celebrated. I have certainly seen them protested.

I agree that women should hear all sides of the ramifications of abortion before they make the choice to do so and I take no issues with Sharon Osbourne telling her story. However, hindsight is always a wonderful thing. It's extremely easy for Sharon Osbourne, who ended up living a very charmed and rich life to look back and have her regrets now. We'll never know how she would have felt about having a child at 17, her life trajectory changing, not getting married to a wealthy rock star, etc. and what that decision would have had on her entire life.
You're joking right? Many celebrities have said that they wished they had had an abortion. Or proud that they did have an abortion. There was a whole thing about being proud of it.

But I guess if you equate money as better then having a child -- as YOU indicate in what you wrote about it, shows YOUR values, not hers -- well, I guess that's what YOU value. Money over child.

You can't speak for Sharon Osborne. She is saying very clearly that abortion was a horrible thing to do. You can't spin her words any other way. Or play a game of what ifs that has nothing to do with her comments.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:01 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
How so? She could've easily given the child up for adoption.
Multiple problems with that

- carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term has health and mental effects, both not good

- over half of women who set up an adoption while pregnant change their mind after giving birth, to their own detriment, as a time like that doesn't give you good reasoning ability, you are acting solely on emotion

- in my fiance's case, her fetus's father was a drug using deadbeat who wouldn't have signed off on the adoption anyways

Just leave Roe v Wade alone!

Old 06-06-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You're joking right? Many celebrities have said that they wished they had had an abortion. Or proud that they did have an abortion. There was a whole thing about being proud of it.

But I guess if you equate money as better then having a child -- as YOU indicate in what you wrote about it, shows YOUR values, not hers -- well, I guess that's what YOU value. Money over child.

You can't speak for Sharon Osborne. She is saying very clearly that abortion was a horrible thing to do. You can't spin her words any other way. Or play a game of what ifs that has nothing to do with her comments.
You can't just make things up to support some story in your head.

Links?

Old 06-06-2018, 06:03 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Oh, please provide us with a credible link to that information, we would love to read it. And don't go posting some made up trash by some right wing pro life site.

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh, please provide us with a credible link to that information, we would love to read it. And don't go posting some made up trash by some right wing pro life site.
The only one I know of is Lena Dunham, and she's eccentric to say the least

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How many of these unwanted children have you taken under your wing, or how many have you helped families adopt ? I bet none. All your side wants to do is preach about "a baby" and how wrong it is, but you do not want to be part of the solution.

In fact, you would also love to dismantle Planned Parenthood, whose primary function is EDUCATING women and young girls, so they can prevent unwanted pregnancies. So easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, when you have no one in the game.
Nonstarter argument used every time. As in, I'm going to kill that toddler on the corner because he's going to run in the street and get hit by a car. As in, I'm going to take wrong action because another wrong action will happen maybe, possibly if I don't. Add in all the infertile couples waiting for babies and there would be no lack of families to adopt the 330,000 babies PP kills every year. Dismembers them, counts their arms and legs and spines -- yes, that's an actual job at PP, counting dead baby parts -- to make sure that they sucked it all out, then put it in a bag and wait for the pick up guy to cart it all away.

PP primary function is abortions. Each facility has monthly quotas. They get bonuses if the surpass the quota. You need to really read up on their business practices, where they make their money and how their accounting is tallied.

At least understand what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies