Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 05:08 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Sounds pretty on-target. Trump is pretty much a cartoon, or a caricature.

How Trump’s Election Shook Obama: ‘What if We Were Wrong?’
By Peter Baker

He called Mr. Trump a “cartoon” figure who cared more about his crowd sizes than any particular policy.

“I don’t know,” he told aides. “Maybe this is what people want. I’ve got the economy set up well for him. No facts. No consequences. They can just have a cartoon.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/30/u...in-rhodes.html

You probably believe EVERY lie the NY Times has printed about Trump so it is no surprise you think the way you do.
This is just one more example of the TDS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 05:13 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Once again..... I'll give you the three words that explain why Trump was elected. Are you ready?

Hillary . Rodham . Clinton
I’d have to add to that: ....the democrats agenda of anarchy, hate-mongering, disrespect for law and order, encouragement of vulgar public discourse, anti-American values, slavish identity politics with ridiculous political correctness agendas, low expectations of minorities and a very high value on race baiting.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:45 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
How 'sad' can the Obamas really be? before barack was elected president, the couple was reportedly worth around a million.

In just the last 18 months they've signed:

60 million dollar book deal

50 million dollar Netflix deal

$400,000 for a one hour speaking fee

they are already raking in over 100 million and they haven't even been out of office two years! It seems like the Obamas will spend his post-presidency hauling in money as the Clintons have.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-07-2018 at 06:01 AM..

Old 06-07-2018, 06:04 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
How 'sad' can the Obamas really be? before barack was elected president, the couple was reportedly worth around a million.

In just the last 18 months they've signed:

60 million dollar book deal

50 million dollar Netflix deal

$400,000 for a one hour speaking fee

they are already raking in over 100 million and they haven't even been out of office two years! It seems like the Obamas will spend his post-presidency hauling in money as the Clintons have.

Is there no shame?

For all those who flocked to watch him when he was President, when they could see him free......

.....................they now have to pay to watch?

Old 06-07-2018, 06:36 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I've always accepted the elections. But the reality is...more people voted for his opponent. Our system however is not based on that determining the presidency.

Trump is all of ours president. But he was not the one the majority wanted.

So I don't think what is occurring is representative of what the majority of the public wanted. And Trumps truly high Disapproval ratings indicate that too. I mean that is the topic here. Obama is wrong if he is thinking this is what folks wanted. Or at least if he thought it was the majority of us.

I am astounded by your logic. If that was the case why did you not elect Hillary as the democratic nominee in 2008. After all she won the popular vote over Obama, though he won the states that had more electoral votes. She won more actual votes than Obama

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...delegate-count

The rules of the Presidential election are the electoral college. Nothing more. Not the popular vote. It has never been that way and will never be anything else unless there is constitution amendment. Bringing up the majority votes only makes libs more butt hurt and ignorant of basic civics lesson.

I don't hate Obama but he had an arrogance in that he knew more of what the people wanted than the people knew themselves. He was an average president with great teleprompter skills but one who looked down over his nose on others. Hillary has the same attitude. In addition she whines constantly about losing, unlike Obama. I don't care much for the churlish behavior of Trump but would take him any day over Hillary.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:45 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
What if we were wrong? Of course they were wrong.
1. They didn't just bet on Hillary, the bet the farm on Hillary. She was the one person Trump could beat because she is the one person who is as abrasive as he is.

2. They played to the extremists and ignored their base. Yeah they were wrong for that too.

3. They assumed that Hillary would rally the voters as Obama or Bill did. They were wrong. Both Bill Clinton and Obama had charisma, they are interesting speakers. They sound natural. They were likable. Hillary sounds forced, like its all an act, like even she doesn't believe the BS she spewing.

4. Decades of both parties screwing their base took a toll.

Yeah The Democrats were wrong and still are. But then so is the GOP.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:55 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Shame Hillary didn't win in 2008. We'd be better off today if she had.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:32 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

But then we would not have had the Messiah Obama, who wonders if he were wrong.

Given a choice I would rather have him than Hillary. She is such a phony who thinks that the presidency should be hers to be given on a platter, since she is a former first lady, senator and SOS and that we should be lucky to have someone like her as POTUS. I truly wish she goes away and lets some good viable candidates rise up as future presidential hopefuls.

What a shrill, whiny, vengeful monster.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:46 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Trump is the one the majority of voters outside of California wanted.

I, for one, do not want California to decide who is elected president.
This exactly. Can you imagine what would happen if we went to a straight popular vote? Both (or all) candidates would campaign exclusively in California, promising all sorts of benefits that would disproprtionately benefit the citizens residing in that state - and paid for by taxes from 49 other states.

To a lesser extent, you'd have the candidates making campaign stops in NY.

But that would be it. Residents in two states would pick the president. The rest of wouldn't count for squat.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:50 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I say it's a shame Romney didn't win in 2012. He'd be on his second term right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies