Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 07:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You are totally missing the point.

Since women are powerless in a male-dominated world, only men are accountable for their actions.

So when women attack other women, they are acting on behalf of the male power structure because they have no other option and that is the fault of men.
Do you live in another country? In the US, women can do whatever they want. They aren't oppressed.

Women can go to school, hold jobs, have credit cards and bank accounts, own property, travel freely at will, drive, vote, etc.

There is ZERO oppression in the US for women. If anything, women have more rights than men. They can choose to abort a baby without father's consent and then turnaround and demand child suport if they have the baby -- in other words, men have no say in creation of life except sex. And women also get shorter jail sentences for the same exact crimes. There are tons of STEM programs and scholarships JUST for girls and women, no boys/men allowed.

What specific power structure are they held "powerless" by and who specifically is running it? Name some names.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:42 AM

27,568 posts, read 28,673,621 times
In my experience, the greatest "oppressors" of women are other women.

Why should men feel ashamed about that?

Old 06-08-2018, 09:49 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't even think women are oppressed. I think they allow men to think they are strong or big or smart to let them feel better, when the truth is, women are usually in charge and stronger. Especially of men in couples. I think that is why men are so pissed off and want some thug to be running the country like it makes them stronger. Trump is totally weak, but struts around like he's strong. It's kind of funny really. Trump is physically and mentally weak. His kryptonite is money.

Women have been the voting majority in every election since 1980.

Care to guess again?

Old 06-08-2018, 11:07 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You are totally missing the point.

Since women are powerless in a male-dominated world, only men are accountable for their actions.

So when women attack other women, they are acting on behalf of the male power structure because they have no other option and that is the fault of men.
So inotherwords they never have to be responsible for their actions because the men graciously gave them the right to do what they did, so it's actually the men to blame for giving them rights in the first place?

Old 06-08-2018, 12:05 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
This is a very nice thread we have going. I will add that some of the points brought up could also apply to making a thread called "[Race], do you think Whites should feel ashamed for your long era of discrimination/oppression?"

Old 06-08-2018, 12:07 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengha View Post
I am not denying that for thousands of years men have oppressed women. And I am not trying to start some men vs. women thing. What I am curious about is, as women, how do you feel men today should feel when thinking about female oppression?
People today should never have to "feel ashamed" for something that they never did, or took part in!

Old 06-08-2018, 12:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Ashamed...not the least. Now quit complaining and get me a beer. And what's for dinner?
What does your Husband think about this?

Old 06-08-2018, 12:33 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Begging the question. Women were not oppressed throughout history.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:18 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What does your Husband think about this?
Lol...I have a jug of cold craft ale awaiting my pleasure (with "hints of stone fruit") and dinner will be enchiladas, always a favorite. And if the kids aren't home maybe the old, and very tight waitress dress will make an appearance .

Old 06-09-2018, 07:48 AM

14 posts, read 6,285 times
We can study and see that many, many women have been abused, mistreated and oppressed throughout different societies down through history and men as well.
Someone named G Grasshopper said that their sister found out years later that the reason she was not accepted by the university she wanted to attend was that the head of the department felt that women couldn't be "serious artists" and that only men should be candidates.

But You have to keep in mind that most of the universities are not honestly really trying to help bring new fresh people into the learning curriculum when the colleges have no way to be repaid with interest or repaid at all in any way. They wanted working men who had money who were capable of repaying their college fees long after they had flunked out of the profession and moved on to a male related job with labor-related revenue that underpays the males so that they also can make lots of extra money.
Perhaps Your sister was rich. But even today many of the universities are more interested in taking in illegal citizens and foreign students because they know that these people are never going to have to be forced to personally pay their education. The labor type American male and working female taxpayers will pay for it all if it has to be paid.

I was just trying to show the facts from an overall view - where for eXample -there were next to no nations or countries or states or towns who had any voting. And America was one of the few places that had voting and it came at a time of war with the Natives, Britain and the Revolution and the war with Mexico and Spaniards and then the Civil war, then WW ll.
The first politicians were all mostly war veterans. Before Eisenhower came a century and a half of American history during which war heroes and battlefield commanders who often won the presidency, starting with George Washington and continuing through Andrew Jackson, William Henry Harrison, Zachary Taylor, Ulysses S. Grant ect.. { 29, to be exact }

The Country was started by war and has continued to be at war or some battle somewhere in nearly every decade. This always ramps up society to bring in warriors into leadership who know what they are doing in the area of war. Just like Donald Trump in the business world today.

Hillary and Slick Sicky Billy Clinton have had thirty years to give every woman a pair of work boots, a pair of gloves and a map to the local labor hall - and - also to create or enlist a one hundred thousand all female military force. They have done nothing but run their mouths and deceived people about the reality of the situation. INSTEAD OF FINDING REAL ROLES AND REAL WORK THAT WOMEN NEED.

Since Donald Trump has been in office the work for women has increased exponentially. - Because Obama and the Clintons are ONLY there - to financially feed themselves and their donors off of the confusion and failures that they allow to eXist and create.

If You look at my original post and see that I know that there is no denying that women have been horrily opressed and mistreated in many places of the world - But by looking at the whole picture I also see that it is not aimed at just women only or women alone and many times the idea that women are opressed or left out of the job market or opressed is because women do not work together and outcast other women and both men and women bring problems upon themselves by having children when they are not willing to stay together.

And also women are lied to about their role, abilities and eXpectations and possibilities in the male work field in order to create political divisions. Women have worked so very hard throughout civilization and done so much and have contributed and done more than their share - Women have worked so hard and have been working, have been busy and have had their part in making America wonderful. It is because of good hardworking men and women. However, to eXpect government and colleges and government programs to solve anything for the mass majority of women and men will only lead women and men down into a black bottomless hole that the Government will DEMAND and eXpect the taxpayers to pay large taXes with interest to pull women and men out of the hole, as the government eXpects us to pay them to count and handle the money.

And they allow it all to happen in the name of rights, while they steal from hard-working men and women as they heap on problematic immigrants in order to multiply their government income.

Last edited by socalled; 06-09-2018 at 08:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies