Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 11:15 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times

Advertisements

This does not jive with the narrative...

92-year-old man viciously beaten with brick on 4th of July; suspects sought

Notice the title is bland.

An elderly grandfather walking in his Willowbrook neighborhood was viciously attacked by a woman with a brick leaving him with severe injuries.

A witness intervened and snapped a photo of the woman who was making racial comments during the attack.

Still no details...

His family tells FOX 11 that he was visiting LA from Mexico and on the 4th of July.

OK - so he is Mexican.
Grandson erik Mendoza says rodriguez was walking down this sidewalk near 118th and central on 4th of July when he accidentally bumped into the womans child while trying to pass.

'And when he turned his back they just tossed him on the floor and she started hitting him, and then she grabbed a brick and started hitting him with the brick, and then out of nowhere he saw 3-4 other guys just come rushing and just start stomping on him.'
They also told him he needs to go back to Mexico.

The article never mentions that the woman is black - but shows a picture of her from a photo taken by someone with the grandfather. She is unlikely to be a Trump supporter.

Doesn't she know that they are on the same political team?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 11:20 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,124,578 times
It is well known that there is open tension between blacks and Latinos in this country that sometimes errupts into violence. There are parts of LA where blacks have been chased out en masse.

The idea of "the same team" is somewhat of a political fiction, although there is the tendency of minorities to view the country as white and everything else.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:32 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
The ghetto thugs attack a defenseless 92 year old man. They are hardly on the same team.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:25 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
In real life, I've had black people explain that the term "persons of colour" is inclusive for blacks, Hispanics and Asians, as if we were on the same team with the same political agenda. I tell my white friends and co-workers that I don't consider myself a "person of colour".

And at work, I do see that blacks are not on the same team as the Hispanics. For a start, there is a language barrier. And secondly, it's like the Hispanics (and illegals from south of the border) are cutting in line for handouts from our governments when blacks are still seeking to be compensated for slave times.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:33 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,397,212 times
I believe they call this intersectionality.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:44 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
This sounds like a typical crime where stupid thugs beat up on someone just because they can.
Race doesn't matter. Political affiliation doesn't matter it is a crime but the media doesn't care because they are trying to push a narrative.

We saw this last week where some bozo did something stupid and despite not knowing his politics the headline was "deranged Trump supporter....." the guy was white and looked like a loser so he must be a Trump guy.

The Lefty propaganda machine is desperate for any news they can add to the undermining of Trump and when the news doesn't fit the agenda it is barely reported.

I certainly understand how black people can be so against hispanic people, especially the illegal ones, heck even the Legal hispanics should be against the Illegal ones and would be if they had any brains because if the Left gets their way they will be looking at millions of illegals granted amnesty and millions more coming that will be in direct competition for jobs.

Beating up on a 92 year old man is an act of a cowardly thug.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:56 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,969 times
I'm no attorney but seems like a hate crime to me.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:21 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Remember... blacks can't be racist or commit hate crimes. Only white people are racist and commit hate crimes. </liberals and huffpost>

Old 07-10-2018, 08:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They also told him he needs to go back to Mexico.

The article never mentions that the woman is black - but shows a picture of her from a photo taken by someone with the grandfather. She is unlikely to be a Trump supporter.

Doesn't she know that they are on the same political team?
Why do everyone have to be lumped into one team or the other. The right wingers have a nasty habit of doing that with everything under the sun, like here assuming the attacker must belong to a team based on skin color. Lot of things happen that have nothing to do with any team. Someone else could argue her rhetoric would place her in the other team.

It shows how deep the division is in this country. It has never been worse.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:28 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Remember... blacks can't be racist or commit hate crimes. Only white people are racist and commit hate crimes. </liberals and huffpost>
Blacks are frequently charged with hate crimes. In fact, FBI hate crime attacks on gay men by black men and white men are about equal each year despite a 6-1 population ratio.

The funny thing to me was I saw this on CNN and the minute they didn't say "White" in the title I knew he'd been beaten by another minority group and CNN even left any description or mention of the assailants ID out of the article.

This is just a continuation of the media coverage bias that has some people suckered into believing that white people are now emboldened and do this more instead of just being reported more.

Basically, it just shows shameful racist reporting for ratings on the part of CNN and others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies