Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 09:54 PM

30,285 posts, read 11,932,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: If I read a big enough lie, and it is repeated to me often enough by people who manage to fool me into thinking they're experts, I will believe it, and it will become The Truth.

Sounds like the tactic of the climate deniers. And in your case they were successful.

I believe its happening but I am not comfortable with the solutions from most on the left.

But both the left and right have stances that are anti science of which they are wrong. The right has climate change and the left has GMO's ignoring the vast majority of scientists who say are safe.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:42 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,431,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Oddly enough, I am in some sort of agreement with the screeching horde of flying Trumpmonkeys on this one.

There really isn't one. It's far too late at this point.
It was over before it started.

You know, science and all.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,768,449 times
I read somewhere, there was a major event, that caused an ICE AGE.
One so devastating to the global environment, the earth is still fixing itself back to normal temperature range.

Man is not going to fix, what is naturally being fixed.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:55 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,137,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I read somewhere, there was a major event, that caused an ICE AGE.
One so devastating to the global environment, the earth is still fixing itself back to normal temperature range.

Man is not going to fix, what is naturally being fixed.
Billions of people spewing emissions every day of every year for over a century won't have an effect?

Old 06-10-2018, 11:38 AM

599 posts, read 278,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Billions of people spewing emissions every day of every year for over a century won't have an effect?
And what about the volcanoes?

Old 06-10-2018, 11:44 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,848,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What's the world coming to when people read and believe scientists?

What next?

It seems like most people would rather believe religious charlatans these days.

Anyways, good on him. I had a similar discussion with a friend of mine yesterday who has also come around on climate change after doing the research.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:07 PM

2,960 posts, read 2,910,185 times
I for one have noticed warmer winters and cooler summers. Whatever is happening we should investigate and do it more

Old 06-10-2018, 12:43 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,665,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...heard-a-lot-of

NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine says he changed his mind on the existence of man-made climate change because he “read a lot.”

“I heard a lot of experts, and I read a lot,” Bridenstine told The Washington Post on Tuesday. “I came to the conclusion myself that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that we've put a lot of it into the atmosphere and therefore we have contributed to the global warming that we've seen. And we've done it in really significant ways.”

The former congressman from Oklahoma had long denied the scientific consensus on climate change and said in a 2013 speech on the House floor that "global temperatures stopped rising 10 years ago."

In May, Bridenstine first announced publicly that he now believes human activity is the main cause of climate change.

Good on him.
The republican party is a vast corporate network that says "global warming is a hoax" because combating global warming would reduce corporate profits. And Jim Bridenstine is a republican politician appointed by Donald Trump to be the head of NASA
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...machine/191545
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bridenstine

In reality 97% of climate scientists believe "man made global warming is most likely happening."
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

And the American republican party is the only political party on Earth that does not believe in man made global warming.
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...climate-denial
Why Are Republicans the Only Climate-Science-Denying Party in the World?

Old 06-10-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I wonder how long he will last at NASA, by claiming to have actually considered science, in coming to that conclusion?
Jim Bridenstine is "a graduate of Rice University with majors in Economics, Psychology, and Business, and has an MBA from Cornell University."

Jim Bridenstine is not a scientist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bridenstine

Old 06-10-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
"NASA chief says he changed mind about climate change because he 'read a lot’"

Wow, someone in government who can read.
Can you post a source from a respected publication like National Geographic or Time magazine that says man made global warming is not real? NO YOU CAN NOT

Can you post a source from a university or scientific organization that says man made global warming is not real? NO YOU CAN NOT

The only groups that say man made global warming is not happening are paid by large corporations that would loose money if global warming regulations were enacted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.