Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 01:31 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times

Advertisements

Is this like the people who changed their minds about marijuana because they read a lot? In any case, the link between Carbon Dioxide levels, planet temperatures, and mankind's direct role in rising CO2 levels is obvious. You'd have to have an IQ under 100 to believe man is not raising global temperatures. However, I would argue that having the planet be warmer is a good thing, and I would also argue that for all the whining the left does about it, it's not going to do anything to affect the way people live their own lives. I bring up the jetting around the world on vacation and private jet thing all the time.. any liberal telling me I'm using too much gas while they fly around on their private jets have no credibility whatsoever given how much CO2 a private jet pumps into the atmosphere.

In the meantime, we have other countries like China to worry about. As all nations around the world start using cars and going through their own industrial revolutions we're going to have a ramp up in CO2 levels for about 50 years until we stop using internal combustion engines. Accept it. It's going to happen. We'll probably peak somewhere around 1000 ppm of CO2 before we start to stablize and all the world's ice caps will all melt. Many people in coastal areas will have to move the next 100 years. The planet however will survive because we'll make the transition away from internal combustion before it gets "too late".. on the plus side though it will be hotter in hot climates, vast swaths of Canada and Russia will be able to support agriculture and plants do green faster with higher CO2 levels which is a natural balance to our activities especially since the trend of allowing areas to reforest is starting to occur.

Another positive is coming that will reduce emissions from farm animals and reduce demand for land.. I believe that within 20 years most of the meat we buy will be lab grown, and am attempting to invest to position myself to profit from this when opportunities arise. Wheat, corn, and soy are by far the most efficient use of land for the production of food compared to cattle and even produce or things like Almonds which waste a lot of water in their production.

Last edited by sholomar; 06-09-2018 at 01:40 PM..

Old 06-09-2018, 01:42 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Shplunk

Does he get more money for NASA now?

Old 06-09-2018, 01:45 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Does he get more money for NASA now?
The more we ignore it the less money will matter in the future.

Old 06-09-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I wonder how long he will last at NASA, by claiming to have actually considered science, in coming to that conclusion? That puts him at odds with TrumpWorld and won't help his future, in that upside-down realm.

Doesn't seem to matter to the warmers that Bridenstein is not a climate scientist.

Old 06-09-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
The more we ignore it the less money will matter in the future.
“The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years...If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”

~ Kenneth Watt

Old 06-09-2018, 02:01 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times
So you guys believe the world is 3 billion years old and agree with the scientists on the different periods but can’t believe some of the same scientists who say that climate change is real??? It’s not like the guys who talk about the ice ages of the past and the different periods of earth’s climate are the same people who say climate change isn’t real.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:49 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...heard-a-lot-of

NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine says he changed his mind on the existence of man-made climate change because he “read a lot.”

“I heard a lot of experts, and I read a lot,” Bridenstine told The Washington Post on Tuesday. “I came to the conclusion myself that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that we've put a lot of it into the atmosphere and therefore we have contributed to the global warming that we've seen. And we've done it in really significant ways.”

The former congressman from Oklahoma had long denied the scientific consensus on climate change and said in a 2013 speech on the House floor that "global temperatures stopped rising 10 years ago."

In May, Bridenstine first announced publicly that he now believes human activity is the main cause of climate change.

Good on him.
Yawn.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:04 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
So you guys believe the world is 3 billion years old and agree with the scientists on the different periods but can’t believe some of the same scientists who say that climate change is real??? It’s not like the guys who talk about the ice ages of the past and the different periods of earth’s climate are the same people who say climate change isn’t real.
The earth is 4.5 billion years old.

There have been over 5 billion species.

Well over 99% of those 5 billion species have gone extinct.

But by all means keep separating your trash before you throw it away.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:06 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
"NASA chief says he changed mind about climate change because he 'read a lot’"

Wow, someone in government who can read.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:19 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Of course, climate change is real. The misinformation comes from the denialist who just wish to push the problem off to the next generation. It all because we are the generation that takes no personal responsibility. The science is long since settled. I don't even bother to read denialists because they just spout misinformation and propaganda from the fossil fuel companies, which many themselves have concluded that manmade climate change is real.

For over 45 years the fossil fuel companies knew global warming was the result of manmade carbon emissions into the atmosphere. But through misinformation they have attempted to discredit the science.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-warning-1968
Climate changes all the time. I don’t need any “scientist “ to tell me that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies