Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 07:17 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,880 times

Advertisements

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...heard-a-lot-of

NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine says he changed his mind on the existence of man-made climate change because he “read a lot.”

“I heard a lot of experts, and I read a lot,” Bridenstine told The Washington Post on Tuesday. “I came to the conclusion myself that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that we've put a lot of it into the atmosphere and therefore we have contributed to the global warming that we've seen. And we've done it in really significant ways.”

The former congressman from Oklahoma had long denied the scientific consensus on climate change and said in a 2013 speech on the House floor that "global temperatures stopped rising 10 years ago."

In May, Bridenstine first announced publicly that he now believes human activity is the main cause of climate change.

Good on him.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:22 AM

Shplunk

Old 06-08-2018, 10:26 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
What's the world coming to when people read and believe scientists?

What next?

Old 06-08-2018, 10:27 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Shplunk
Now you know what it's like to be the news media these days lol.

Should have lead off with something like "Stormy Daniels new boob job" or "Will Trump start a nuclear war with Canada?"

Old 06-08-2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Now you know what it's like to be the news media these days lol.

Should have lead off with something like "Stormy Daniels new boob job" or "Will Trump start a nuclear war with Canada?"
Yeah, kindof blows. lol

Old 06-09-2018, 12:08 AM

18,720 posts, read 7,599,790 times
Quote:
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine says he changed his mind on the existence of man-made climate change because he “read a lot.”

“I heard a lot of experts, and I read a lot,” Bridenstine told The Washington Post on Tuesday. “I came to the conclusion myself that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that we've put a lot of it into the atmosphere and therefore we have contributed to the global warming that we've seen. And we've done it in really significant ways.”
TRANSLATION: If I read a big enough lie, and it is repeated to me often enough by people who manage to fool me into thinking they're experts, I will believe it, and it will become The Truth.

Don't quit your day job at NASA, Jim. Stick to administrating.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:35 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,585,083 times
I wonder how long he will last at NASA, by claiming to have actually considered science, in coming to that conclusion? That puts him at odds with TrumpWorld and won't help his future, in that upside-down realm.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I wonder how long he will last at NASA, by claiming to have actually considered science, in coming to that conclusion? That puts him at odds with TrumpWorld and won't help his future, in that upside-down realm.
That's when Elon comes in.

We're not gonna save the world. We're gonna leave it..

Old 06-09-2018, 01:09 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
He read a lot of propaganda and disinformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What's the world coming to when people read and believe scientists?

What next?
According to this "scientist" who happens to be the chief architect of "climate change" we should even exist:

In his book Storms of my Grandchildren, noted climate scientist James Hansen issued the following warning: "[i]f we burn all reserves of oil, gas, and coal, there is a substantial chance we will initiate the runaway greenhouse. If we also burn the tar sands and tar shale, I believe the Venus syndrome is a dead certainty."

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...imate-science/

It's an undisputed fact that Earth's atmosphere was nothing but CO2, Methane and Ammonia for the first 2.5 Billion years of its existence, and yet no runaway greenhouse effect happened.

The Earth was blanketed by nothing but greenhouse gases and yet there were two major glaciations, the Pangolan and the Huronian.

Twice the Earth effectively became a giant snowball, with the possible exception of floating ice-packs or even areas free of ice in the equatorial band.

That's proof greenhouse gases have no effect on climate.

The Huronian Period is marked by characteristic bands of iron rust that are visible in Wisconsin, Australia, southern Africa and elsewhere.

It formed when single-celled organisms in the ocean (and there was only one massive ocean at the time) produced Oxygen as a by-product of photosynthesis. The free oxygen in the ocean bonded with reactive metals and minerals, like iron and precipitate out, falling to the ocean floor and creating the giant bands of iron rust.

After the free Oxygen bonded with iron and all the other reactive metals and minerals, it started to accumulate in the ocean for Millions and Millions of more years, until the ocean was saturated. Only then did free Oxygen start to leach into the atmosphere of CO2, Methane and Ammonia, but it readily bonded with reactive metals and minerals exposed on the surface of the Pangean Continent.

Only then did free Oxygen start to accumulate in the atmosphere.

So, basically, 3 Billion years of facts and evidence totally refutes the entire global warming theory and the runaway greenhouse theory.

Old 06-09-2018, 01:16 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,746 times
Of course, climate change is real. The misinformation comes from the denialist who just wish to push the problem off to the next generation. It all because we are the generation that takes no personal responsibility. The science is long since settled. I don't even bother to read denialists because they just spout misinformation and propaganda from the fossil fuel companies, which many themselves have concluded that manmade climate change is real.

For over 45 years the fossil fuel companies knew global warming was the result of manmade carbon emissions into the atmosphere. But through misinformation they have attempted to discredit the science.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-warning-1968
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.