Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 04:11 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times

Advertisements

And aren't these tax cuts intended to burn more coal and didn't Trump try and stop solar by imposing tariffs on solar panels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 04:26 PM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Ours are going up from 9 cents a KwH to 12 cents. the media in Houston has had stories all this week about electrical price increases. We are deregulated here.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:21 PM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
And aren't these tax cuts intended to burn more coal and didn't Trump try and stop solar by imposing tariffs on solar panels?
The latest ploy is to subsidize coal fired plants that are closing so they can remain open. I guess that increase of $1T in the deficit was well worth it because someone saved a few dollars on their power bill.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:24 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Over 100 million Americans benefit as Utilities cut rates due to tax cuts. Trump is "MAGA"

I WAS ONE WHO BENIFITED BY THE UTILITIE RATE CUTS. Thank you President Trump !!!!!!!!!!!

$3 billion payoff: 101 utilities cut rates, credit GOP tax cuts

When Democrats threaten to raise taxes if they get back into power they are threatening to raise your utility bill -- month after month

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...t-gop-tax-cuts

https://www.atr.org/thanks-tax-refor...lowering-rates

Here are the Utilitie companies and what they are doing.
More money in your pocket. Enjoy !!!
LOL, the increase cost of oil and gas has wiped out any savings . Thread fail!

Old 06-10-2018, 07:41 PM

20,098 posts, read 8,998,912 times
let the good times roll ....thanks President Trump

Old 06-10-2018, 07:42 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
let the good times roll ....thanks President Trump
........thanks for what ,Higher fuel bills???

Old 06-10-2018, 07:45 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,955,058 times
Trickle UP economics? I like it. That cut in electric rates amounts to $9 per person. The tax cuts for the 1% amounts to about $1,000,000 per person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

The richest 1% got $1 trillion dollars in tax cuts and they give everyday Americans $3 billion dollars in reduced electric bills, and you cheer this?

How about giving regular Americans $1 trillion dollars in tax cuts, and then when regular Americans spend the money the richest 1% will get much of it when we buy their products?

Last edited by bobspez; 06-10-2018 at 08:19 PM..

Old 06-10-2018, 08:37 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
My rates have gone up because Scotty Walker decided to give away the state of WI to a foreign corporation and we the taxpayer get to pony up the dough for the infrastructure, increased electricity rates, and give away our fresh water.
My electric has gone up this year too and I'm not sure why yet but it pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You can give them Earned Income Tax credits."

Which is, people who pay no or very little taxes get a "rebate". How can people who paid NOTHING, get a "rebate"?

If you have a regular job you usually get taxes taken cut out. Also consider this it costs fuel to get to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

Would full time min wage workers who stock your grocery store shelves, keep your public restrooms clean and handle the financial transactions when you buy gas be able to afford life's necessities if they had to pay federal taxes?

And do American workers who work full time jobs deserve to be able to afford all of life's necessities?

That too. Of course they pay little or no taxes. They don't make enough to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post

these are how our bills look here. 87 is just the connection fee, the 160 is fee+consumption together. I think different areas get different utility connection fees. Dayton area blows.
Mine is like 250. It's ridiculous. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yes and phones, internet and cable aren't a necessity either.
AC in the summer in some places like FL. and Az. are a necessity especially for older and younger people just as heat is in the winter in colder climates.
Electricity is more important than all those things but the internet is still important just not as important.

I personally think electricity should be free. I guess you could technically live without electricity but it wouldn't be very safe or healthy. I guess we'll never have that in a capitalist society but it's still messed up.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:52 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
He didnt stop anything he just made them all move their manufacturing plants here.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:17 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Give the EXACT details where you PERSONALLY saw a person DENIED medical care "when they need it".
I could not get the local hospital to treat my infection due to lack of insurance. They never said that, of course. I went to the ER unable to walk because I was in so much pain and could not put my prosthetic leg on to get down the stairs, so an ambulance took me. Staff at sais local hospital "looked" and found no infection even though I said I only had this kind of pain when there was an infection.

So they sent me home. They rolled me out into the waiting room so I could wait for a ride. Meanwhile, my pain in the amp is so bad that I'm basically writhing in pain. One woman has come in and asks me how long I've waited to see someone. I told her they were sending me home. A nurse came out to give me a pain pill, but not a prescription.

My sixteen year old son comes by to take me home. He sees how much pain I am in and says to screw tis hospital, he'll take me to one in that next county over. They take me right in the ER. Long story short, I was septic. They had to do revision surgery on my 12. They put me on pai meds to help with the pain and started a six week stretch of antobiotics.

I'd probably be dead if I had listened to the first hospital, but at least they would have saved money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies