Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 09:08 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You don't like the truth, do you ? Here is another truth, I LIVED in Southern California, and knew a lot of legal , and illegal, aliens. The vast majority of them are hard working (harder working than most lazy Americans), honest, family oriented, and simply looking to have a better life than what they were dealt.

You see every one of them as criminals, murderers, drug dealers, and worse. It is YOU who has blinders on to the truth, not us. You paint every alien with the same brush, and you totally ignore the FACT that a Hell of a lot of us lily white people commit a lot of crimes too, both civil and criminal.

You may not like being called out on it, but there are two sides to every story.
Please quote JUST ONE of my posts here at C-D where I have said ANY of the things you have accused me of here. Please - prove me wrong, and shut me up for good on the topic, Don. I'll wait here. Do it, or admit that you are the one painting with broad strokes.

PS: I'm a minority female. Don't even include me in another one of "them" versus "us" whites-are-bad racist rants of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 09:17 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I feel that many people outside our state are unaware of the level of crime we see here as a result of illegal immigrants. We have cartel activity moving into Austin now, for Pete's sake. The birth rate to illegal immigrants here is very high. Our jails are overflowing with illegals. Our news here in Austin is regularly dotted with murder/drunk-driving/drug arrest/domestic abuse charges against illegals. It's pretty prevalent here.

I also agree that our state could -and should- be doing a LOT more to stem the problem. We can't keep compromising public safety for cheap labor. It's so WAY past time for E-Verify in this state.

^^^^^^^ You must have a short memory, you just typed this a few minutes ago. It very clearly shows your bias against aliens.

Quote:
Please quote JUST ONE of my posts here at C-D where I have said ANY of the things you have accused me of here. Please - prove me wrong, and shut me up for good on the topic, Don. I'll wait here. Do it, or admit that you are the one painting with broad strokes.

PS: I'm a minority female. Don't even include me in another one of "them" versus "us" whites-are-bad racist rants of yours.

I would think, being in two minority categories (female and whatever the other one is) that you would be even more understanding of people who are disadvantaged, yet, you see them as only a problem, not humans.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
^^^^^^^ You must have a short memory, you just typed this a few minutes ago. It very clearly shows your bias against aliens.

I would think, being in two minority categories (female and whatever the other one is) that you would be even more understanding of people who are disadvantaged, yet, you see them as only a problem, not humans.
What you are saying is that even eyewitnesses to documented abuses of the system by illegal immigrants are displaying bias by simply discussing these concrete truths of occurred events ... even when done in a mild and non-confrontational manner as I did in the post of mine that you quoted as some convoluted example of "rage".

Since you are unable thus far to come back with any quotes of mine that actually demonstrate the bitter and ugly accusations that you lobbed my way, I'm going to maintain my previous opinion that it is you who paints with a broad brush. Additionally, since you are unable to discern any differences between fact and fiction or plain speaking and hyperbole, I'm left thinking that I am wasting my time here talking to a person with very limited critical thinking skill. I feel kind of sorry for you now, actually.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:33 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
You and I can sit here and pee on each other all day, and it will never resolve the issue that some of you want to believe ALL aliens are here to cause mayhem. Here in Florida, we have a very high population of legal, and illegal aliens, and a small percentage of them are as you describe. But the very vast majority are just like you and me, except they were born into less than ideal conditions.

Now, I have to leave my comfy gated community and go out into the world, and, while I would love to have this discussion all day, I have things to do. Hope I don't run into any of those cartel people you mentioned !

Old 06-08-2018, 09:42 AM

Yes, discussing the presence of cartel activity in Austin, hundreds of miles from the border, as well as throughout our state, is just an activity of hateful people. Sure. No truth to it whatsoever! They're just trying to live their lives and earn a living like everyone else.

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/.../269-532966296

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/...stin/288452066

'Cartels are alive and well in Austin,' sheriff warns - KXAN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mys...e-12320888.php

El Chapo's reach extends to Austin | KEYE

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star-...179632951.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt....els-mafia/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...as-court-files

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...el-back-dallas

Women In Mexican Drug Cartels Are Rising To The Top | Texas Standard

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chr...g-10832842.php

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-texas-border/

Ps: I'll be waiting for your proof of my racist bias right here, Don. Don't just run your mouth. Actually PROVE something ... for once.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:39 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
The more I think about people like Don here, who lives in a quiet gated Florida retirement community, but postures himself to be all-knowing of issues occurring within Texas, thousands of miles away from him, the more I realize how pointless it really is to bother engaging in conversation here. There will always be a Don, popping in to add nothing but ignorant static. He's too busy talking smack to even bother considering the potential truth behind topics that he finds unpleasant. He's full of defensive canned responses, and that's good enough for him.
He's Hispanic so he is an illegal alien sympathizer. He's on my ignore list. I have no use for those who think their ethnic group is above our immigration laws and should be rewarded for breaking them. That's an anti-America, racist stance to take. He calls those of us for the rule of law and who point out the negative facts of illegal immigration, racists while ignoring his own racism.

He thinks that just because illegals are human the truth shouldn't be told about them. Well, humans break laws and they should be held accountable for it no matter who they are. Working hard does not excuse anyone for breaking our laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. He can't grasp that simple concept because he his too blinded by his bleeding heart and his ethnic ties to illegal aliens.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:42 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Why don't we send illegals back to their home countries? Maybe pay part of their incarceration there which would be a helluva lot cheaper.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There are over 25,000 Criminal Illegal Aliens in Texas Prisons for crimes committed mostly through the Obama years with records starting in 2011. The cost of these criminals to the citizens of Texas is enormous.

These are just the ones that were charged. Many escape back to their home country.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/administra...Statistics.htm
__________________________________________________ ____________________

According to DHS status indicators, over 255,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2018, of which over 171,000 were classified as illegal aliens by DHS.

Over the course of their entire Texas criminal careers, these 171,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 427,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for:

955 homicide charges;
48,301 assault charges;
13,998 burglary charges;
55,281 drug charges;
627 kidnapping charges;
26,966 theft charges;
38,320 obstructing police charges;
3,272 robbery charges;
5,137 sexual assault charges;
and 6,262 weapon charges.

DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 199,000 convictions including 441 homicide convictions; 20,808 assault convictions; 7,228 burglary convictions; 28,768 drug convictions; 246 kidnapping convictions; 12,792 theft convictions; 19,447 obstructing police convictions; 1,793 robbery convictions; 2,712 sexual assault convictions; and 2,813 weapon convictions.

One of the many reasons, I am armed when out & about in this "Sanctuary City"

Old 06-08-2018, 11:36 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
One of the many reasons, I am armed when out & about in this "Sanctuary City"
I'd like to know the cost of keeping 25,000 illegal felons locked up in prison on a yearly basis. That alone would make a good down payment on a wall.

Old 06-08-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He's Hispanic so he is an illegal alien sympathizer. He's on my ignore list. I have no use for those who think their ethnic group is above our immigration laws and should be rewarded for breaking them. That's an anti-America, racist stance to take. He calls those of us for the rule of law and who point out the negative facts of illegal immigration, racists while ignoring his own racism.

He thinks that just because illegals are human the truth shouldn't be told about them. Well, humans break laws and they should be held accountable for it no matter who they are. Working hard does not excuse anyone for breaking our laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. He can't grasp that simple concept because he his too blinded by his bleeding heart and his ethnic ties to illegal aliens.
Don can be any kind of flawed being that he wants to be. What he doesn't get to do is falsely ascribe unsavory personality traits to people "just because". I'm sure he knows by this point in life that you WILL encounter people who won't tolerate that. I'm one of them. He's best advised to put up or shut up with his dramatic accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies