Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 10:35 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,010 times

Advertisements

The western 1st world manages to have Unions.
In the US its totally impossible..

The western 1st world manages to give workers rights.
In the US its totally impossible.. because communism.

The western 1st world manages to have Universal Healthcare.
In the US its totally impossible.. it just is.

The western 1st world manages to spend almost 1/2 of what the US does on healthcare giving everybody the care a person needs.
In the US its totally impossible.. costs rising to 20% of GDP while tens of thousands dies needlessly each year.

The US rightwingers answer to everything is, we can't do anything what is proven to work in the rest of the world, while saving Trillions of dollars and thousands of lives each year... because we are America. We can´t make things work effectively. Its also communism.

I wonder if it will slowly seep into their brains, that the current system if broken as F***... while the rest of the Western 1st world manges just fine, never having a care in the world if they get sick... spending 1/2 the US does, and getting better results in basically every imaginable measure.
I guess its magic...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 10:40 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,253,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are you willing to do so to start paying for the wars?
What a ridiculous question, I already pay for the wars with my taxes and I pay plenty, how about you? and who says I like us being at war, just maybe if diplomacy was tried more often then we would not have to go to war, Trump is off to a good start, I hope we end up with peace with NK.

The biggest problem with dem politicians is that they are great at spending other peoples money, let them spend their own and see how quickly they change their tune. If all politicians salaries were based on a balanced budget, then things would change very quickly.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:40 AM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
LOL, Edward Wolff from NYU is not a self-described Marxian.
Wealth redistribution is Marxist.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:42 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wealth redistribution is Marxist.
Better stop paying any taxes. Cause that is what is happening with your tax dollars right now.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:43 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
There is actually a chance of it happening even if we dont get big money out of politics. The current system is rapidly ruining the economy and destroying a lot of businesses. So among the elite (and the elite are the ones who actually set policy in America) there is some movement towards increasing support for a much cheaper and better system like the rest of the world. Many businesses find it difficult to compete with the huge health care albatross around their neck. If it gets bad enough, there will be elite consensus on changing it. Not because the people are suffering, but because of business suffering.
No. They'll just let the people go without altogether.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:44 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times
Single payer system works better and is cheaper.

"Total costs are lower under single-payer systems for several reasons. One is that administrative costs average only about 2 percent of total expenses under a single-payer program like Medicare, less than one-sixth the corresponding percentage for many private insurers. Single-payer systems also spend virtually nothing on competitive advertising, which can account for more than 15 percent of total expenses for private insurers.
The most important source of cost savings under single-payer is that large government entities are able to negotiate much more favorable terms with service providers. In 2012, for example, the average cost of coronary bypass surgery was more than $73,000 in the United States but less than $23,000 in France."

LINK

Old 06-09-2018, 10:47 AM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Better stop paying any taxes. Cause that is what is happening with your tax dollars right now.
I retired early to stop paying so much. Why should I pay much more than the 45% of Federal 1040 filers who pay no federal income tax whatsoever, but still receive federal government services and benefits, and many times, more than I do?

I'm good with real estate tax and state income tax, because they have flat tax rates in my state.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:48 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
She won't read it before she passes it.

Maybe she can tell us how they will pay for it.
Yes, how are we going to pay for it? Im all for the richest of the rich paying more, like Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and Mark Zuckerberg.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
What a ridiculous question, I already pay for the wars with my taxes and I pay plenty, how about you? and who says I like us being at war, just maybe if diplomacy was tried more often then we would not have to go to war, Trump is off to a good start, I hope we end up with peace with NK.
We already have peace with NK. Trump is doing nothing more than drumming up a false demon to pretend he slayed it. I pay plenty of taxes. We are NOT paying for the wars. Bush even argued we shouldn't even bother paying for them.

Quote:
The biggest problem with dem politicians is that they are great at spending other peoples money, let them spend their own and see how quickly they change their tune. If all politicians salaries were based on a balanced budget, then things would change very quickly.
Bush created a huge program to spend my money by bailing out failing banks. Did I get a say?

Old 06-09-2018, 10:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Single payer system works better and is cheaper.

"Total costs are lower under single-payer systems for several reasons. One is that administrative costs average only about 2 percent of total expenses under a single-payer program like Medicare, less than one-sixth the corresponding percentage for many private insurers. Single-payer systems also spend virtually nothing on competitive advertising, which can account for more than 15 percent of total expenses for private insurers.
The most important source of cost savings under single-payer is that large government entities are able to negotiate much more favorable terms with service providers. In 2012, for example, the average cost of coronary bypass surgery was more than $73,000 in the United States but less than $23,000 in France."

LINK
That all makes sense.

But people who the right doesn't like would also get coverage under single payer, and they absolutely do not want that, even if it means they themselves also go without. That's pretty much what we have become reduced to in this country right now. Hate is the motivating factor towards keeping us from moving into first world healthcare.

It's sad, but that's what happens when you have the GOP in charge. They will do nothing for average Americans because they know their constituents will continue to elect them even when they are virtually taking things away from them and making life harder for them on a daily basis. They could shoot someone on 5th Avenue in cold blood and their followers would still vote for them.

You cannot fix the kind of ignorance that would continually vote against itself because hatred directs them to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies