Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 09:57 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Men from Mars, women from Venus: terrifying truth behind experts call for shortened work week girls | Daily Mail Online

So to be equal they must do less work but still be compensated for working full time? How do promotions work?

Basically they're fragile and on the edge of burnout. Why not get back into traditional roles that they’re more suited to.

We can't have that though, too many traditional families and half the tax revenue.

You know they’re weak when all they do is post to each other about how independent and strong they actually are.

What happened to equality? I honestly don't understand why women gave up living at home.

Chatting with friends, playing with kids, cooking a nice healthy meal is infinitely better than commuting to work, getting stressed out, commuting back home, eating a microwave meal.

Thanks for admitting that Trumpists want to force women back into the kitchen.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:02 AM

50,265 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Really? You "honestly" can't understand why women gave up being housewives? Have you ever spent your entire day, week after week, month after month, tending to children and housework? Did it never cross your mind that it's not just cooking a nice healthy meal, but also scrubbing floors and toilets? By the way, how much time do you spend doing housework in your own home?

As to your main point, I suspect that:

1. Men burn out but are less likely to say so, because they imagine it would be "unmanly."

2. Women probably do have a worse time of it, because they are likelier to have underling jobs, and more likely to be in difficult situations where they are preyed upon, or condescended to, or barred from promotion.

3. An even better solution would would be to offer women the option of getting paid 40% more than men! (That was the Lilly Ledbetter percentage.) Let's see which they'd choose!
If you are doing all this you should have married a better man. We split all duties but I do the more physical stuff. In summary don't marry a lazy slob.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:06 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
If women want equality and equal pay, then they need to work as long as men....I'm getting a bit sick and tired of some women screaming for equality, women that don't want men to open the door for them, and yet, they want to work less hours....no, it's wrong.

I don't agree....

Old 06-10-2018, 10:31 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
My doctor would call people on this, when he first met patients, he would always ask them to tell him about themselves, and when they would start talking about their job, he would cut in and say, NO I didnt ask what you did for a job or about your career, I asked about YOU, as a person. he confused alot of people! many people do not know any other way to answer this question!

Overall, I think this type of population is perfect for the type of tyrannical govt we have though, people like this will allow themselves to be walked on all over by authority, because their main priority is always their job, their income, and they would never put that at risk, 99.98% of them are going to be good obedient little subjects.
This is spot on. Whenever I meet people from outside the US or Canada, the icebreakers usually focus on hobbies, interests, and family. Maybe eventually in the conversation, some coincidental mention of our jobs will come up, but not always, and it's not a priority topic.

When meeting someone who's from the US or Canada (actually even Canadians aren't nearly as extreme in this regard) it's usually "what do you do?" I'm always secretly amused at their confusion when I reply with a brief summary of my hobbies or one of my personal projects. "No, I mean your job." And these encounters aren't taking place during networking events either, where that would obviously make more sense.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:58 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
This is spot on. Whenever I meet people from outside the US or Canada, the icebreakers usually focus on hobbies, interests, and family. Maybe eventually in the conversation, some coincidental mention of our jobs will come up, but not always, and it's not a priority topic.

When meeting someone who's from the US or Canada (actually even Canadians aren't nearly as extreme in this regard) it's usually "what do you do?" I'm always secretly amused at their confusion when I reply with a brief summary of my hobbies or one of my personal projects. "No, I mean your job." And these encounters aren't taking place during networking events either, where that would obviously make more sense.
It's sad, isn't it? In most cases, a person's job is one of the least interesting things about them.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:28 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Really? You "honestly" can't understand why women gave up being housewives? Have you ever spent your entire day, week after week, month after month, tending to children and housework? Did it never cross your mind that it's not just cooking a nice healthy meal, but also scrubbing floors and toilets? By the way, how much time do you spend doing housework in your own home?

As to your main point, I suspect that:

1. Men burn out but are less likely to say so, because they imagine it would be "unmanly."

2. Women probably do have a worse time of it, because they are likelier to have underling jobs, and more likely to be in difficult situations where they are preyed upon, or condescended to, or barred from promotion.

3. An even better solution would would be to offer women the option of getting paid 40% more than men! (That was the Lilly Ledbetter percentage.) Let's see which they'd choose!
And there lies the problem.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Well said. My daughter and her husband actually working together is a beautiful sight. A 5 yr old and a newborn along with a house and 2 jobs is not an easy life for anyone. They still do it and if they need it me and the mom are standing by to pitch in.

Working together is the key.

Working a Farm or Ranch, husband and wife are inseparable and actually need each other to make it work.
They tend to grow old together, and have big families.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Thanks for admitting that Trumpists want to force women back into the kitchen.

Why, when I'm the damn cook and you better stay out of my kitchen!
LOL!

No, seriously. My wife can cook, but 21 years ago we had a kid and her idea of cooking was something she could put on and walk away from. About the only think I can stand baked is cookie, pie cake and Turkey!
The crockpot is OK, but I am not much of a stew or roast guy.
Grill it open flame, or fry it on cast iron.
I don't own an aluminum pot or teflon coated pan. Aluminum is bad for you neurologically as you get older.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:46 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
If women want equality and equal pay, then they need to work as long as men....I'm getting a bit sick and tired of some women screaming for equality, women that don't want men to open the door for them, and yet, they want to work less hours....no, it's wrong.

I don't agree....
It's a study. It's not what women "want". Women didn't do the study, nor come to the conclusion they should work less hours. (A conclusion that was reached because the finding was that women in general - not all, obviously - work disproportionately harder). I really doubt this recommendation would fly with women as a whole.

But it's interesting that so many are sick of women screaming for equality, in a thread where the OP openly states women should get back into the kitchen where they belong. Not sick of that apparently. Just women who want "equal pay". I mean, the nerve of them to want such a thing.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:06 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
It's a study. It's not what women "want". Women didn't do the study, nor come to the conclusion they should work less hours. (A conclusion that was reached because the finding was that women in general - not all, obviously - work disproportionately harder). I really doubt this recommendation would fly with women as a whole.

But it's interesting that so many are sick of women screaming for equality, in a thread where the OP openly states women should get back into the kitchen where they belong. Not sick of that apparently. Just women who want "equal pay". I mean, the nerve of them to want such a thing.
Well, if in fact it was a study, then the study would have been performed with women right?
and yes, I'm certain, not all women in general feel this way, why does, someone always have to explain that? I forgot to put, (not all women) in parens. It never ceases to amaze me how people take posts so literally personal....

and yes, if women expect equal pay, then they need to be on the job, full time as men are...period!!! Instead of expecting special treatment b/c they are women. If your, (and I don't mean you) getting the same pay as a man, then you need to be doing the exact same job, the exact same time, and hours...

Women in the work place can be a fine addition to the workforce, however, there are in fact many woman in the work force who want it all. (NOT ALL) I work in the corporate field, and support many woman who are inadequate, and cannot perform as well as some men, and then there are other woman who are regular dynamos and are not only great at their jobs, but assets to their teams.

I've worked for women, who actually have children and travel consistently which I don't believe is far to their families.

As far as men being partners and having a wife that works full time, I don't believe there is a set job that would be assigned to either a man or a woman. I do believe however, that both are partners in a marriage and should both help each other out with the housework, if in fact the wife works full time, or visa versa.

I say this in all bitterness, b/c I know of a couple who both worked full time and the wife did absolutely nothing, didn't even feed her kid breakfast in the morning. She didn't cook the meals, didn't go shopping and wanted horses and animals, but didn't even feed them or give them fresh water. All she did was show up for work...but around the house, didn't even change the baby, when she was little....and I know men like this as well, who think and actually believe their only job is to show up for work every morning, and who have wives who work full time...that is not a partner at all....and pathetic that they have the nerve to do so, to their husbands and wives.

If woman want equality, equal pay, etc...then you must perform your job as well as any man...and that's the way it should be....period....no studies, etc...and I'm talking about the woman's movement. Sorry, but if they are in danger of burning out, then they shouldn't be working full time.

Perhaps do away with the mega mansions, and BMW's and that would solve the problem.

And I'm talking in general, not at you, simply my input and feelings on the matter of the OP's post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies