Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 07:52 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,959,283 times

Advertisements

We have a leader who says thing lots of things the people like to hear. So far he hasn't done most of them. He's a great salesman and self promoter and cheer leader. Talk is cheap. Obama sounded good too, but he quickly caved to the establishment. So far Trump has delivered to the billionaires and the military. Nothing more. We the people are still waiting. One year down and three to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Bout time. After all the wasted years of democrat/liberal politician's lip service... And to think, marijuana may be legalized/decriminalized thanks to the GOP. Put that in your pipes and smoke it, hypocrite liberals.

We finally have a real leader in America. Not some bought and paid for shill who ignores the will of "we the people". God bless America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 07:56 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Has much as I want to see this happen I won’t be holding my breath.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:57 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:

We finally have a real leader in America. Not some bought and paid for shill who ignores the will of "we the people". God bless America
Try rich while Christians. Everyone else Trump could careless about.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:59 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
As I recall Sessions said this needed to be addressed through changing the laws instead of ignoring them. That is the correct answer.
Sessions also said " Good people don't smoke marijuana "

Tell that to the old folks with cancer with the medical cards at our local dispensary. It's a personal crusade for Sessions.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Bout time. After all the wasted years of democrat/liberal politician's lip service... And to think, marijuana may be legalized/decriminalized thanks to the GOP. Put that in your pipes and smoke it, hypocrite liberals.

Don't get all excited because he said he would likely support it.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:12 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jams14 View Post
this is great and all, but how many times have we seen trump change his mind, often within the space of a conversation?

I'll believe it when i see it.

But yeah, he likely said this to provoke sessions, who he is not happy with at the moment. That works for me.
+1

Old 06-08-2018, 08:12 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,091 times
After using Stormy Daniels, he should also support making prostitution legal nationwide.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:35 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Trump promises a lot of things. But if he delivers on this it's going to buy him a lot of fans.
IF/When it happens (and I do believe it will despite my dislike of it), it won't have anything to do with "buy vote".
I will be because it was part of his discussion at Rallys and it is what he said he though should happen.

I sometimes wonder if Trump has a check list on his Campaign Promises. He is fulling them as fast as he can.
Regardless of what the Leftists and their Lap Dog Media say -- Donald Trump is both a Realist and a Pragmatist.
He is NOT an Ideologue - He doesn't drink (and has no intention of a ban on alcohol) he doesn't smoke dope, but can see that many States are passing Legislation to do so.

He believes in States Rights and the Rule of Law. State Legislation is making Marijuana Legal in their State.
That horse has left the barn and in view of that - we must change the Federal Law to accommodate the Reality.

This may shock a lot of people, BUT -- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions is NOT the President of the United States, does NOT make laws unilaterally AND intends to full fill his Sworn Duty and Oath to uphold the Laws on the Books. When a new Law is passed allowing States to control Marijuana Laws in their State - Sessions will uphold that Law.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:39 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
I'll say that if Trump ends the war on drugs, I'll dislike him a lot less. And I say that as one of the most anti-Trump posters on this board. I really hope he does this. In my opinion, this is something he could do that would excite both sides. The only real issue is Big Pharma and the evangelicals :/

Old 06-08-2018, 08:44 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
IF/When it happens (and I do believe it will despite my dislike of it), it won't have anything to do with "buy vote".
I will be because it was part of his discussion at Rallys and it is what he said he though should happen.

I sometimes wonder if Trump has a check list on his Campaign Promises. He is fulling them as fast as he can.
Regardless of what the Leftists and their Lap Dog Media say -- Donald Trump is both a Realist and a Pragmatist.
He is NOT an Ideologue - He doesn't drink (and has no intention of a ban on alcohol) he doesn't smoke dope, but can see that many States are passing Legislation to do so.

He believes in States Rights and the Rule of Law. State Legislation is making Marijuana Legal in their State.
That horse has left the barn and in view of that - we must change the Federal Law to accommodate the Reality.

This may shock a lot of people, BUT -- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions is NOT the President of the United States, does NOT make laws unilaterally AND intends to full fill his Sworn Duty and Oath to uphold the Laws on the Books. When a new Law is passed allowing States to control Marijuana Laws in their State - Sessions will uphold that Law.
Finally someone speaks the truth. It seems Trump haters care even more about hating him than even making pot legal.....interesting.
I'm sure Trump doesn't care one way or the other about pot. He's doing what he said he would do during his campaign and yes, like it or not he's done quite a bit he promised he would including dismantling many things Obama put into place. If not, the left wouldn't despise him so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies