Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 10:25 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I watch Bill Maher every week. I like his viewpoints and comedy for the most part. He is a shock comedian on HBO people. It isn't shocking that some people find Bill Maher's comments and jokes absolutely offensive but give Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Jeanine Pierro, Rudy Guliani, Trump and all the other right-wing folks that flap their outrageous comments about immigrants, minorities, LGBTQ, women and other religious groups a pass every time.
And you have to admit, if you are a person of average or above average intellect, and have a fair amount of common sense, Maher is right about his views on politics the vast majority of the time. If we had a Congress that was not beholden to special interests and used common sense in making this country work, it would sound like a PG rated version of Maher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 10:57 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
The deep-state has the same thinking as Bill, ANYTHING to regain their precious and total grasp
on the golden-chalice. Heretical to have a total outsider in that spot.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:02 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And you have to admit, if you are a person of average or above average intellect, and have a fair amount of common sense, Maher is right about his views on politics the vast majority of the time. If we had a Congress that was not beholden to special interests and used common sense in making this country work, it would sound like a PG rated version of Maher.

Yes. His guest has good insight. They challenge him at times on his views. If people are going to be outraged, I think Trump has said more outrageous things AND he is running the country.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:05 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,000 times
Quote:
It isn't shocking that some people find Bill Maher's comments and jokes absolutely offensive but give Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Jeanine Pierro, Rudy Guliani, Trump and all the other right-wing folks that flap their outrageous comments about immigrants, minorities, LGBTQ, women and other religious groups a pass every time.
You lefties are OBSESSED with this identity stuff. I have never heard any of the above mentioned people make outrageous comments regarding any of those groups with exception of ILLEGAL immigrants. Why is it so hard to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants?

Old 06-09-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
You lefties are OBSESSED with this identity stuff. I have never heard any of the above mentioned people make outrageous comments regarding any of those groups with exception of ILLEGAL immigrants. Why is it so hard to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants?
Some of you Trump supporters are so gullible that it is funny. Well, let's take a walk down memory lane. You don't have to be smart to look it up and use Google.

Hannity

When Trump attacked a Muslim Gold Star family during the 2016 election, Hannity justified his friend’s actions and even asked Trump why the family was attacking him.

After President Obama won the 2008 election, conservatives desperately clung to the birther movement. Despite the fact that Obama had shown his birth certificate several times, Hannity ignored it and continued to say that the president grew up in Kenya.

It’s clear that Hannity is no fan of women. He’s even been accused of sexual harassment.

He’s also against birth control. He said, “I won’t have sex, but I’ll be paying for the birth control, not fair.”

It’s no surprise that Hannity has repeatedly attacked Muslims, but he’s also attacked the Pope. He said that Pope Francis is “not really in a position … to lecture anybody on what it means to be good Christians.”

If I list the thing Trump has said about veterans, Muslims, black and brown folks, immigrants and women we would be here all day but you can look it up.

Ingraham

Throughout her career in conservative media, Ingraham has repeatedly used her platform to attack ethnic minorities (especially Latinos), civil rights organizations, and progressive leaders in a crude and often racist fashion. Here are 17 of her worst moments:

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...-groups/214555

https://thinkprogress.org/ingraham-fox-3f9bd36a08f4/

These are just a few examples. FYI, Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or didn't happen.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:36 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
It's not just Bill Maher. Pretty much the entire Democrat party and quite a few RINOs want Trump to fail. They are rooting for his impeachment.

Nothing new about that.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:53 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Some of you Trump supporters are so gullible that it is funny. Well, let's take a walk down memory lane. You don't have to be smart to look it up and use Google.

Hannity

When Trump attacked a Muslim Gold Star family during the 2016 election, Hannity justified his friend’s actions and even asked Trump why the family was attacking him.

After President Obama won the 2008 election, conservatives desperately clung to the birther movement. Despite the fact that Obama had shown his birth certificate several times, Hannity ignored it and continued to say that the president grew up in Kenya.

It’s clear that Hannity is no fan of women. He’s even been accused of sexual harassment.

He’s also against birth control. He said, “I won’t have sex, but I’ll be paying for the birth control, not fair.”

It’s no surprise that Hannity has repeatedly attacked Muslims, but he’s also attacked the Pope. He said that Pope Francis is “not really in a position … to lecture anybody on what it means to be good Christians.”

If I list the thing Trump has said about veterans, Muslims, black and brown folks, immigrants and women we would be here all day but you can look it up.

Ingraham

Throughout her career in conservative media, Ingraham has repeatedly used her platform to attack ethnic minorities (especially Latinos), civil rights organizations, and progressive leaders in a crude and often racist fashion. Here are 17 of her worst moments:

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...-groups/214555

https://thinkprogress.org/ingraham-fox-3f9bd36a08f4/

These are just a few examples. FYI, Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or didn't happen.
Most of your narrative is just dumb feelings and over emotionly based...no one cares.

I mean, you started you diatribe with a complete falsehood
Quote:
When Trump attacked a Muslim Gold Star family during the 2016 election,
This totally debunks your lies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045OFNJJY1Y

Old 06-09-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Most of your narrative is just dumb feelings and over emotionly based...no one cares.

I mean, you started you diatribe with a complete falsehood

This totally debunks your lies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045OFNJJY1Y

Says the Trump supporter. It's not emotional, it's facts. Something the Trump clan isn't used to hearing. If it is a falsehood, why are their actual video and tweets about everything I posted of them actually saying it? Yeah, I think someone watches too much Fox News and can't recognize facts vs fake! If it's emotional then so are Bill Maher's comments!

Old 06-09-2018, 01:34 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Figured republicans would like him. He craps on "liberal snowflakes" and hates political correctness.

Old 06-09-2018, 02:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Unfortunately Maher may get his wish. Short term the market looks good but as trump's trade policies ignite countermeasures by other countries there will be a turndown in our economy.
Exactly! Then Trump will blame the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies