Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 11:58 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Show us where you oppose him instead of advocating for Latin American style taxes.
You know I don't believe in anyone freeloading on a 0% or negative effective federal income tax rate, so when Trump adds more freeloaders, why would I approve of that? I wouldn't. AND I have consistently suggested EU-style taxes: regressive. Are you very young? You seem to not know where Latin America and Europe are. Geography problems? (Hint: Latin American countries aren't in the EU.)

Old 06-10-2018, 12:20 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How many abortions do you suppose Trump has funded?
As usual, the Looney Left is more interested in stoking the resentments and stereotypes within the closed minds of its perpetual-teenybopper captive clientele, than in determining the actual facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Because it isn't and never has been about the fetuses. It's about controlling people's sex lives. All they care about is that women do not have sex before marriage and do not have sex for reasons other than procreation. It's why the same people are also against birth control but promote abstinence only.
They lost that battle fifty years ago; but as with the most delusional of the Lefties, there are still some dinosaurs out there who want their fantasies imposed upon all of us. It's just that the geezers' dreams don't impose as much of a burden on those of us who know the facts, and play by the rules.

Live you own life by any reasonable set of rules, but if you father a child without taking responsibility, I expect you to pay the cost of supporting it -- at forced labor behind barbed wire, if that's what it takes.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-10-2018 at 12:35 PM..

Old 06-10-2018, 01:54 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
You support Trump and his tax plan. So you can complain about people not paying taxes.
Stay in topic please and stop deflection when you have no argument.

The topic here is about why we need to rob Peter to pay Paul.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:16 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You know I don't believe in anyone freeloading on a 0% or negative effective federal income tax rate, so when Trump adds more freeloaders
Show me your quotes of how upset you are about what Trump did. If you can't you're a hypocrite.

Last edited by PCALMike; 06-10-2018 at 02:33 PM..

Old 06-10-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Stay in topic please and stop deflection when you have no argument.

The topic here is about why we need to rob Peter to pay Paul.
Exactly. "Paul" needs to PAY for what he's getting. Penalizing productive people and rewarding those who don't pull their weight is a very strong disincentive to be a contributing member of society. In regards to this thread, it's the parents' responsibility to pay for what their children are getting.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Show me your quotes of how upset you are about what Trump did. If you can't you're a hypocrite.
I don't have to post in an online forum to "show" or "prove" how upset I am. That's absurd.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:31 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
I don't have to post in an online forum to "show" or "prove" how upset I am. That's absurd.
So no quotes from you as you stay mute when your dear leader worsens what you whine about all the time. The GOP love people like you, they need you to get riled up about something they create.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
So no quotes from you as you stay mute when your dear leader worsens what you whine about all the time. The GOP love people like you, they need you to get riled up about something they create.
"Dear leader" is not an appropriate reference. He's the President of the United States, just like Obama was.

The GOP likes me because I'm not one of society's takers; I'm a contributor. Society runs better when we have more contributors and MUCH fewer takers. I've been making that EXACT point this entire time.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:11 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Exactly. "Paul" needs to PAY for what he's getting. Penalizing productive people and rewarding those who don't pull their weight is a very strong disincentive to be a contributing member of society. In regards to this thread, it's the parents' responsibility to pay for what their children are getting.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:52 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
As long as everyone pays those same membership fees. Parents pay the membership fees for their children, as they're their parents' responsibility. Otherwise, non-payers can do the same: go live among the savages.
And if they're destitute? Do you care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies