Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 10:29 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times

Advertisements

It takes one to know one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 10:32 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Pay attention, the CNN host of that segment disagreed with her,
=Stop it. That doesn't fit the OP's agenda.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:42 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I suppose I will have to add Idiot to my Deplorable label then. If the chick on CNN is correct that I'm a Racist, Idiotic Deplorable. I lived in the south for 14 years so that makes me a Racist, Idiotic, Redneck, Deplorable. I own firearms. That makes me a Racist, Idiotic, Redneck, Gun-Nutter, Deplorable. I'm a white Trump supporter. That makes me a Racist, Idiotic, Redneck, Gun Nutter, White Supremacist, Deplorable. I could keep doing this all day................

It gets old, people.

Really old.

And does nothing to move your ball further down the field.
News flash for ya, Jethro - I ain't the least bit interested in "moving the ball downfield" in every single interaction. In some cases, I am perfectly content with simply identifying you people for who and what you are, and holding you accountable for it.

There is no "moving the ball downfield" against people who have chained themselves to the 19th Century. Rest of the country will just move on past you, and leave you to shake your little fists and scream until you turn blue.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:07 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I've seen no evidence that Trump is a racist so IMO I didn't vote for a racist and I'm not racist. I'm annoyed with racist rhetoric and race baiting though so do whatever you want with that. We will be done making race a centerpiece soon enough.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:26 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That Trump is a racist there can be no doubt. You cannot be a birther and not be a racist. Racism is the defining characteristic of a birther.

But I don't agree that everyone who voted for Trump is racist. Many of them were just misguided, and/or conned by a really good flimflam man.

But anyone who continues to support him after a year and a half of his unending lies and adolescent behavior is an simply an idiot. There's no way around that.
You really need to get the dictionary out and brush up on what racism actually means.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:39 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Racism is the vile and scientifically baseless theory that there are different "races" of humans.

Anyone who believes this outrageous falsehood, or behaves as if they do, is a racist.

That applies to everyone equally, regardless of their skin color or their political preferences. Also, anyone who believes that some people are exempt from being racists, based on their "race," is very certainly a racist.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:02 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
News flash for ya, Jethro - I ain't the least bit interested in "moving the ball downfield" in every single interaction. In some cases, I am perfectly content with simply identifying you people for who and what you are, and holding you accountable for it.

There is no "moving the ball downfield" against people who have chained themselves to the 19th Century. Rest of the country will just move on past you, and leave you to shake your little fists and scream until you turn blue.
Well, since I'm a female, technically you should be referring to me as Elly-Mae. Unless you're doing all that self-identifying-crap.

Seriously...........your post really just speaks for itself.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:56 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Well, since I'm a female, technically you should be referring to me as Elly-Mae. Unless you're doing all that self-identifying-crap.

Seriously...........your post really just speaks for itself.
Yeah, you're not going to be able to pry the bigoted stereotypes out of that poster.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:07 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Our president constantly makes the most disgusting, embarrassing and demeaning comments on Twitter, and you are worried about a culture critic? Please.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:13 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Looks like someone needs a lesson in what racism is.
Looks like someone needs a little more schooling on racism.

Center for the Study of White American Culture

A situation in which one race maintains supremacy over another race through a set of attitudes, behaviors, social structures and ideologies. It involves four essential and interconnected elements:

Power: the capacity to make and enforce decisions is disproportionately or unfairly distributed

Resources: unequal access to such resources as money, education, information, etc.

Standards: standards for appropriate behavior are ethnocentric, reflecting and privileging the norms and values of the dominant race/society

Problem: involves defining "reality" by naming "the problem" incorrectly, and thus misplacing it.

Women's Theological Center, Boston, MA, 1994

Racism - Racism involves physical, psychological, spiritual, and social control, exploitation and subjection of one race by another race. It is the social institutionalization of the psychological concept of White/white supremacy (a man-made ideology of white/White superiority and black/Black inferiority). This means that racial discrimination and injustice are established, perpetuated and promoted throughout every institution of society - economics, education, entertainment, family, labor, law, politics, religion, science and war. Racism is also used as an abuse excuse to rationalize violent behavior and inhumane policies toward Melanites.

Racism Defined - dRworksBook
The systematic subjugation of one social group by a more powerful social group for the social, economic, and political benefit of the more powerful social group. Rita Hardiman and Bailey Jackson state that oppression exists when the following 4 conditions are found:
the oppressor group has the power to define reality for themselves and others,
the target groups take in and internalize the negative messages about them and end up cooperating with the oppressors (thinking and acting like them),
genocide, harassment, and discrimination are systematic and institutionalized, so that individuals are not necessary to keep it going, and,
members of both the oppressor and target groups are socialized to play their roles as normal and correct.

Oppression = Power + Prejudice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies