Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 06:58 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What does any of that have to do with nowadays, the topic, and your horrible stereotype of men?
Go back and read your own posts. You said those things were made up and never happened. You brought it up, not me.
Its not my stereotype of men, just how things actually were. I happen to love men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 07:01 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Who is Jordan Peterson and why should I give a about his opinion on anything?
Because of your attitude and foul mouth.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:57 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I think that is what happens to JP. After his lecture people on both sides give their opinion then people take it as JP's opinion when it isn't. They don't listen to him closely enough as in, "he never said that."
Why, then, did you title the thread the way you did?

Old 06-12-2018, 09:26 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Go back and read your own posts.
I did. That's why I said what I said.

Quote:
You said those things were made up and never happened.
You made a silly post where you stereotyped and you were called out on it. Now you're back tracking.

Quote:
You brought it up, not me.
lol no I didn't it was in response to what YOU POSTED.
Quote:
Its not my stereotype of men, just how things actually were. I happen to love men.
lol Of course it's your stereotype YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WROTE IT.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why, then, did you title the thread the way you did?
People knee jerk at times and the written word is a bit harder to distinguish intent imo. If someone states a fact like blacks commit a higher percentage of crime. Someone will say, "why do you hate black people?". At times people will act like that fact is a belief instead of a fact.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I did. That's why I said what I said.

You made a silly post where you stereotyped and you were called out on it. Now you're back tracking.

lol no I didn't it was in response to what YOU POSTED.
lol Of course it's your stereotype YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WROTE IT.
Well let me recap for you.

You addressing DC's post : "What in the world does this emotional, irrational rant have to do with what Peterson said?"

DC's responded it was a pointed response to another poster.
You: "A pointed response? You made all this up. " referring to DC's pointed response to another poster:

" Being a second-class citizen is not a benefit. But it's a hell of abenefit for men to treat half of the humans on this planet as inferiors. Tosell the idea that their ideas and opinions aren't valid, because women can'tthink rationally. Too emotional. To sell the idea that women shouldn't controltheir own money, because women, you know, not too bright. To sell the idea thatif a woman prefers freedom to being "protected and cared for", thatthat's a sign of just how irrational women are. Men got the majority ofbenefits. And they are still trying to pretend that's not true."

You: "Why in the world would anyone think what you posted is true? You actually thinkthis is a thought process that men live by?"

I posted because it was true to which you said prove it.

I don't believe it is silly to point out fact/history to posters. Me addressing historical facts is not silly stereotyping.

Try again.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
People knee jerk at times and the written word is a bit harder to distinguish intent imo. If someone states a fact like blacks commit a higher percentage of crime. Someone will say, "why do you hate black people?". At times people will act like that fact is a belief instead of a fact.
Or they are merely injecting their own opinions.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
A non-answer.

The person who started this thread wrote the title of the thread. If Jordan Peterson didn't say that, why did they attribute that statement to him?

It's a simple question.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:48 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Peterson might be a Canadian native who I have seen less negative press of than Trudeau.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:33 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
I'm not familiar with the man. IMO all those points are valid. My problem is that no where in that analysis is there any mention or correlation to the breakdown of marriage has ruined women's life.
He did mention it at the beginning, specifically in reference to lower income women. He did not go into great depth on the matter, but he has done elsewhere. What he did say is that lower income women are frequently single mothers, work crazy hours and are regularly targeted by unscrupulous men.

I would refer you to his YouTube channel if you want to learn more of what he has to say on any particular issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies