Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 05:43 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Many schools are now no longer awarding The best students awards.

Personally I’m in favor of honoring the Best but if the left is so against awarding the best for doing well, why is the left still handing awards like Oscars, Tony’s and Emmy’s to actors?
Or are the losers handed the trophies?

First of all, we now know it was never the best who got the awards but rigged by Harvey Weinstein and other powerful people who pulled the strings and decided on sexual favors or for other reasons who would get an award.

If the left keeps demanding to stop all these awards for categories they don’t succeed in then we should stop watching all award shows and not buying any product that is broadcast during the commercials.

We now have transgender women who win races for the fastest runners as natural born women can beat a men who changed their body and then want to compete as women.

Award shows are ruined by the left as it only seems to be ok to give awards where the left feels they can win!

I’m apllauding the father/parents of a student who put up a billboard to honor their child’s great school performance as the school was no longer honoring that due to outrage by the left.

Sadly all newborns will not experience the great times we had until the left became so intolerant that only when the left can win can be tolerated as an award show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 05:46 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Personally I don't watch TV award shows. So if they stop broadcasting them it will be okay with me.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:52 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Default Isn’t it time to stop all award shows on TV?

HELL NO!!! Removing these idiots from TV would do serious damage to.... the Republicans!

Old 06-11-2018, 05:55 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
I rarely watch award shows other than the Oscars, why do you care so much about shows like the Tony's. We know you don't watch them just read about them.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:00 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
As far as award shows go, I couldn’t care less since I don’t watch them. As for awards in schools...I think kids should have competitions and have awards to honor the top achieving students. All this crap about participation awards for everyone, so no one feels left out is ridiculous.

If you work hard, you should be rewarded.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:09 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
No. Award shows are the industry’s way of kissing their own behinds. Why would they end that?

Old 06-11-2018, 06:12 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Personally I don't watch TV award shows. So if they stop broadcasting them it will be okay with me.

Totally Agree - just switch them off.

The 2018 Oscars saw audience figures plummet to a new low according to media reports.

The Oscars' TV Audience Falls To All-Time Low [Infographic] - Forbes

Oscars Ratings 2018: TV Viewership Sinks to New Low | Fortune

Oscars Audience Drops to Lowest Ever in Latest Blow to Live TV - Bloomberg

Old 06-11-2018, 06:14 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No. Award shows are the industry’s way of kissing their own behinds. Why would they end that?
I agree. I'll watch reruns of Forensic Files for the 8th times. There are few Movie Stars today that have the glitz and glamour of the old days.

Hollywood's best days are over.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Many schools are now no longer awarding The best students awards.

Personally I’m in favor of honoring the Best but if the left is so against awarding the best for doing well, why is the left still handing awards like Oscars, Tony’s and Emmy’s to actors?
Or are the losers handed the trophies?

First of all, we now know it was never the best who got the awards but rigged by Harvey Weinstein and other powerful people who pulled the strings and decided on sexual favors or for other reasons who would get an award.

If the left keeps demanding to stop all these awards for categories they don’t succeed in then we should stop watching all award shows and not buying any product that is broadcast during the commercials.

We now have transgender women who win races for the fastest runners as natural born women can beat a men who changed their body and then want to compete as women.

Award shows are ruined by the left as it only seems to be ok to give awards where the left feels they can win!

I’m apllauding the father/parents of a student who put up a billboard to honor their child’s great school performance as the school was no longer honoring that due to outrage by the left.

Sadly all newborns will not experience the great times we had until the left became so intolerant that only when the left can win can be tolerated as an award show!

How about some facts supporting all your allegations of 'it's the left!' ?

Old 06-11-2018, 06:21 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Do what freedom loving people like me do. Make your own choice to watch or not watch and allow others to do the shame. Not sure what's wrong with that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies