Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 03:39 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,552 times

Advertisements

Twitter is too toxic, I don't know why anyone would want to be a part of it.

This thread sure gave me an appetite for Chik-Fil-A though, maybe I will go have something in honor of him since he is no longer allowed to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 03:56 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL, he's crazy. I love Chik-Fil-A. Twitter is full of crazy people who have nothing better to do than troll other people.

And note, I'm not religious at all (am an atheist) and I am fully supportive of LGBT persons being treated with dignity and respect, however, the initial comments Cathy made were over 5 years ago and I was under the impression they had even reconciled with some leading gay rights organization via mutual friendship and meeting/speaking over the phone and in person.

The Twitter executive needs to grow some IMO. People can eat wherever they want. I don't shop at Hobby Lobby because of their pushing their religious ideology on their employees by denying them access to contraceptives via healthcare plans, but I don't troll people who shop there.
They did, but to these puritans it’s one strike and you’re out.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL, no.

One of the reasons I never stopped eating there is because I have a very good friend who was put on a mangement track by Chik-Fil-A and he was openly gay and never experienced any discrimination. Many of the franchises are independently owned and operated by small business owners.
Supporting traditional marriage is not the same thing as hating gay people. I seem to recall most Democrats supporting all those marriage between one man and one woman amendments at one time. I personally never had a problem with same sex marriage. Marriage is a legal institution that comes with inheritance laws, insurance and retirement benefits, community property laws, and being allowed to make medical decisions, etc. I absolutely do not think gay people should be shut out of those benefits. I’m glad it was decided by the Supreme Court than through the various state amendments. Couples should not be faced with having to go to a different state because they want to marry.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
I mean, that's on him for apologizing.

I would have said ********* ~ I'll eat where I want; don't believe in their politics but need a chicken sandwich every now and again.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, that's on him for apologizing.

I would have said ********* ~ I'll eat where I want; don't believe in their politics but need a chicken sandwich every now and again.
He deliberately invited this reaction. He knew what he’d get. Sometimes I think owners or moderators of these platforms post stuff just to have it get a lot of hits and controversy.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He deliberately invited this reaction. He knew what he’d get. Sometimes I think owners or moderators of these platforms post stuff just to have it get a lot of hits and controversy.
Katygirl, can't it just be that the guy had a chicken sandwich and tweeted about it? Why must everything be viewed as a shady move?

I have two gay buddies but I think of them as buddies. Gays don't enter my mind unless someone posts something here or I read something in the news. I don't think about Gay Pride Month - I see rainbows so often now in advertising it didn't even register with me that it's Gay Pride Month. I think it wasn't about broadcasting a message for hits, that would be stupid. Sometimes a chicken sandwich is nothing but a chicken sandwich.

It's like when posters write on c-d that they wish we could go back to the old days, the '50s or '60s, and black posters get upset and accuse them of wanting to go back to the days of discrimination and segregation. 95% of the people longing for the old days are remembering their reality, not the reality of black folks, and it has nothing to do with discrimination and segregation, but someone somewhere is dedicated to being offended, so we have to hear about it.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:43 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2788 View Post
Twitter is too toxic, I don't know why anyone would want to be a part of it.

This thread sure gave me an appetite for Chik-Fil-A though, maybe I will go have something in honor of him since he is no longer allowed to.
I agree. Twitter is full of pro blacks, sjws, feminist, white nationalist and Alt right heads. These people are toxic and are easily triggered. I don't know how such factions and groups can demand people to be fired. These people are freaking nuts.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:56 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Leftists eating their own is always a fun sport to watch.

"Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Sunday expressed regret over eating at Chick-fil-A, because of the chicken company’s CEO’s personal views on gay marriage.
Dorsey tweeted a screenshot from his phone that showed a purchase he had made at Chick-fil-A using a mobile application. After a liberal backlash, however, Dorsey apologized for eating at the popular fast food restaurant."

Twitter CEO Caves To Liberal Backlash, Says He Was Wrong To Eat Chick-Fil-A | The Daily Caller
Jeezus. A man can't even eat a meal where he wants anymore without someone losing their ish.

I'm not a fan of Dorsey so this is kind of funny, but in the end, it's actually not funny at all. These losers need to busy themselves with something constructive.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:59 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Politics totally aside, I find it hard to feel sorry for anyone who thinks people need to know what fast-food sandwich they had for lunch.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:17 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Politics totally aside, I find it hard to feel sorry for anyone who thinks people need to know what fast-food sandwich they had for lunch.
Exactly. I hope my life is never that shallow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies