Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 11:00 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times

Advertisements

Even if Trump is an ignorant, psychotic, racist that doesn't mean he isn't "a very fine person".

Just ask him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 05:06 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
His intelligence is not the issue here. Intelligence and mental stability are not the same thing, and there are some valid points to what the ghostwriter says: Trump seems to be completely incapable of dealing with criticism of any kind. I have known people like that, around whom one must constantly walk on eggshells to keep the peace. It's not a desirable trait.
Well said! Yes, he's always described as thin-skinned. He obsessed for years over Graydon Carter terming him "short-fingered." But he's also, for instance, temperamentally unstable in his likes/dislikes and reportedly very subject to mood swings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm pretty sure he's not particularly smart, either. Sneaky, sure. Smart, no.
And, the sneaky part is slipping the older and less mentally stable he becomes.
Hm, "sneaky" is in interesting choice. I agree that he's not particularly smart, but the word I use is "shrewd." He has a crude kind of shrewdness that has served him instead of brains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
The vaunted Wharton degree is an MBA, something Trump never got close to. He got a degree in economics from the UPenn school of business. An economics degree is usually reserved for less studious students at the undergrad level and has much less rigorous coursework than a finance or accounting degree.
Thanks for the clarification! I certainly can't see Trump doing anything rigorous, but maybe he had more focus when he was younger.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:44 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
He's the one who ghost-wrote "The Art of the Deal" (because we all know that Trump is barely literate) and now regrets that he helped to craft a positive image of Trump.
Schwartz spent more time with Trump than anybody including family for 18 months. He got to know Trump's personality and character up close and personal and is now free to tell about it. He said it changed him in a seriously heavy way as sociopaths and narcissists do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Thanks for bringing the ghostwriter who hates Trump into the conversation.. you are two years late unfortunately, cause it was brought up then, and again... and again.... and again... its one thing you guys do really well...
Relevant is relevant is relevant. That which is true is true whether you recognize/believe it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Uh, I think you are confusing mental stability with intelligence. The Unibomber had the IQ of a genius, but he was batsh** crazy. Trump may have gotten an education, but that doesn't mean he is rational, stable, and mature.Trump is as loose as they come.
True and relevant. The Unibomber blew people up. Trump damages most people without explosives. He dismantles and disassembles our government, national identity and values. His way of eroding and gradually blowing things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
he intentionally patterns some of his behavior after Roy Cohn. Possibly because he thinks doing do is effective re tackling whatever he has in his sights.
True and relevant. Feet of the master. Birds of a feather. Sociopaths are drawn to each other like moths to flame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
CNN interviewed a guy with zero psychological or medical training or experience who made a psychological/medical evaluation of someone he worked with 30 years ago.
And do you know Trump better? Thousands of experienced mental health professionals recognized and warned of Trump's dysfunction and symptoms. Many of those behaviors are right out there if you're familiar with them. Even some of his sexual perversions have come out. They're all bad news. All those pros weren't on CNN. Schwartz is an educated man who reads and researches/interviews for knowledge to understand things, unlike Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Nothing about policy.
I guarandamntee that, if you acquire a sociopath anywhere in your personal or professional life, you'll be talking about something other than policy for a good while--before you petition your congressman to ban sociopaths.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:56 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Fine got that, just quit trying to paint this dummy as some sort of member of the intelligentsia or something.

Don't have to paint him. He is what he is and is doing what he said he would do.

How far did you get to being President and a Billionaire?

Are you going to run for President while you still know it all.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:08 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Trump damages most people without explosives. He dismantles and disassembles our government, national identity and values. His way of eroding and gradually blowing things up.

True and relevant. Feet of the master. Birds of a feather. Sociopaths are drawn to each other like moths to flame.

And do you know Trump better? Thousands of experienced mental health professionals recognized and warned of Trump's dysfunction and symptoms. Many of those behaviors are right out there if you're familiar with them. Even some of his sexual perversions have come out. They're all bad news. All those pros weren't on CNN. Schwartz is an educated man who reads and researches/interviews for knowledge to understand things, unlike Trump.

I guarandamntee that, if you acquire a sociopath anywhere in your personal or professional life, you'll be talking about something other than policy for a good while--before you petition your congressman to ban sociopaths.

And the Country is doing better than it ever has under the Left Wing Communists and their supporters. Get ready for another 4 years of Trump, with the help of the Looney Left jobs who are spewing the hate that's driving normal folks right toward Trump

Face it, the Looney Left could not beat him with the most qualified woman in the World running against him, with the crooked help of the Deep State, before he was President and before he had accomplished anything. Do you seriously think you can oust him now with a Party that has no plan, or platform to run on, other than these?

Hate Trump
Impeach Trump
Get rid of his Tax plan
Get open Borders
Support Sanctuary Cities
Give Illegal Aliens Citizenships
Get rid of Free Speech
Obey only the L:aws you like
and I could go on.....

That Platform should get you a lot of votes.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:50 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post

Hate Trump
Impeach Trump
Get rid of his Tax plan
Get open Borders
Support Sanctuary Cities
Give Illegal Aliens Citizenships
Get rid of Free Speech
Obey only the L:aws you like
and I could go on.....

That Platform should get you a lot of votes.
How can you pro Trumpers so consistently get things so wrong? The term explains it all but not why? Intentional and/or ignorant. (You quoted my subposts without context which establishes meaning and understanding. But of course, you don't care.)

As for your Platform above, I don't know a soul who would buy most of that. A bizarre aggregation.

Hate is a term cited by Trumpers. Never heard a non Trumper use it in reference to the guy. Non-Trumpers use descriptors based on Trump's history or behavior. Crooked, corrupt, con-artist, sociopath, pathological liar, bully, mentally disordered, sexual pervert/assaulter. Those things describe Trump. They also describe him as reprehensible, repulsive, disgusting, etc. Observations. Hate is much more personal. There is a difference.

Anybody who knew of Trump, outside his TV appearances, or took the time to research, knew the guy was corrupt, crooked and a known con-artist going in. All ego, no real soul. Good sense would tell that the guy was going to have trouble and create big problems which he, of course, has. The only thing sensible people didn't know was when or how or how badly they would unfold. And they're still unfolding. He had probable impeachment written all over him going in. It was just a matter of time. Not our fault. We saw and understood and his sycophants didn't care. They love a criminal clown. High entertainment. The fault of those who voted for him. Trumpers own it. Just as if you voted for Bernie Madoff or John Gotti for prez if that were possible. Shades of criminality.

The most bizarre thing is those in Trump's cult of personality that have taken him on as their Big Daddy. Ethics, honor, honesty and integrity be damned. The opposite of those things is their MO and SOP and they're damn proud of it. So there ya go.

As for the rest of your platform items, I don't know anybody who is for them, except there are SOME
people who are for giving people here illegally citizenship. Ironically, many are big ranchers/farmers who voted for Trump but want citizenship for the "good illegal" workers who have been with them over time. Those same employers would rather send some of you obnoxious upstarts back to the countries your families came from instead.

"Obey only the Laws you like". That's a sociopathic Trumper thing
. And young left-wing activists. Hey you're in the same club! If you ask most Trumpers what they wouldn't support or forgive Trump doing, and they would support him right up to and including that "shooting someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue" Trump boasted about. If I'm not mistaken (and Trump hasn't written some new EO), that's still illegal. Case in point.

Last edited by mollyblythe; 06-12-2018 at 11:08 PM..

Old 06-13-2018, 02:25 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I had reading that Trump seems to have gotten into Wharton by money or connections (similar to what I've read about Jared). And apparently not one single professor remembers him as being in any way memorable.

I just found these, which might interest you:

Was Trump really a top student at Wharton? His classmates say not so much | The Daily Pennsylvanian

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.998a44e0b980
I haven't read these articles yet, but have seen statements like such previously. He has proven that he has habitually fabricated much about himself (and others) and how anyone would believe anything HE claims to have made him appear accomplished or honorable, is beyond me.

It's clear that he has been mentally troubled since young, having remained in this continual, farcical mode into his 70's, having been able to slip by in some way or another due to $$$, to the extreme degree that got him here. Surely, those having had to be around him have witnessed his odd behavior and / or have been negatively affected by, which is evident in many having vacated their positions. How some do not see this tells me they are not aware, analytical, using their brains or being in denial, unable to face reality or just being oppositional.

Just waiting for this entire charade to end.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 06-13-2018 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: More

Old 06-13-2018, 03:11 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Well, if he is crazy, I guess I'll be voting for his crazy @zz again since he is actually doing something, which must be a crazy thing from our elected officials since most seems to talk and don't do anything about our problems.

He's far from perfect, but he delivers... I know the left hates his tax cuts... since they're only crumbs, but to me, a $4K tax break isn't crumbs. So what's the plan from the left?? To raise our taxes... Since we, the average working man/woman really don't need "those" crumbs?? If so, good luck in 2020.

Our economy is booming under Trump and many retirement accounts are reflecting this growth, as well as our quarterly GDP growth and lower unemployment numbers... Another act of craziness I guess.

Also, more and more people of color are now opening their eyes since the Dems are not doing anything to fix the problems that hurt these communities the most... Other than trying to keep you dependent on government handouts and holding you down from moving forward and up. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what has the Dems done for African Americans in the last 20-30 years?? Beside the Clinton's calling African American males "super predators" back in the 90s??

Sorry, I'm not a racist, I'm a desendent of African slaves and European peasants with some Judaism sprinkled in to round things off.

As for the meeting with the leader of North Korea, I guess that's crazy too since giving peace a try is crazy before using military might if it fails... Too crazy for the left!! Btw, when did the left become so blood thirsty and wanting a full-blown war in Northeast Asia?? Sorry, I served in Korea back in the 80s in the Army and war in Korea would be no joke. If you ever what to see the difference between freedom and communism, take a tour up to the DMZ and look into North Korea. I, as an individual, do not mind giving peace a real chance. Yes, Bush Senior and Bill Clinton tried to "buy" peace and compliance with U.S. dollars and aid, which failed miserably. Credit to both Bush Jr. and Obama, they didn't give the NoKos any money or aid by falling for their, NoKo, blackmail tricks and lies.

Plus, I'm sure that many of Kim's advisors told him that Trump is crazy enough to go to war if pushed into it... Funny, after North Korea threaten to launch missiles at Guam and Trump warned him that would be the end of him and his country, Kim pretty much been quite about launching any missiles at the U.S.

Btw, I'm glad that Trump put a stop to the Iranian deal that Obama made since it was a failed deal from the start, which other than them releasing some hostages, we, the U.S., didn't get anything "real" in return... Other than them seizing some of our sailors, their boat at gunpoint and holding them as prisoners until "WE" apologized for entering waters that were too close to their waters.

All I know is that if this is Trump being crazy, than I hope he stays crazy cuz it's working... And yes, it's driving the left insane!! So, who are really the crazy ones in our country now?? Honestly, if we're talking about crazy elected officials, how sound does both Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters appear to be?? Hint... Not too freaking sound!! And they haven't accompished anything of value to anybody in the country, other than to make themselves and immediate family members into multi millionaires... While in public service.

A note to the left, please keep your failed ideals to yourselves.

Last edited by bergun; 06-13-2018 at 03:42 AM..

Old 06-13-2018, 03:27 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Different people view different people different ways, while trumps base view him as their savior/messiah and some one who will make America great again i see an incompetent clueless moron who is totally about self gratification. we will never see eye to eye on this subject and will have to agree to disagree.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:39 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Donald Trump missed learning a lot of lessons growing up, lessons that teach us things like compassion, honesty, and personal responsibility. He should have learned those from his family, but we know that never happened, money was all they cared about.
Yes, he missed all of that. How he got by this long is baffling... but, apparently the money having gotten him out of scrapes and making him appear accomplished, always having lived a lie, is all he has ever known. It's all so habitual that he does not know what it is to be honest or a fully-developed, authentic human. He is SO wrapped up in pretense and so limited emotionally, his impulse is to perceive anything as a slight, then to "fight back", lash out. There is nothing genuine, lacks positive attributes, is used to not absorbing anything, being non-functional. As others meet him, undoubtedly they perceive him to be a stuffed shirt, with interactions leaving them feeling empty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies