Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 10:55 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I totally get everything you're saying, but we have to remember that they have a message board to run here. You can't really blame them. It's events like this that put the greatest demand on the moderator team, and they're really in a no-win situation. Nights like this are when really earn all the big bucks that they aren't even getting to begin with.

This is a pretty touchy subject, and emotions are going to be high. Once you start the thread, there really are only two ways it can possibly go - either a solemn, respectful "wish ya well, bro" tribute, or a heated *****-fest. In order for the former to be possible, you have to ask the mods to work a hell of a lot harder than we have a right to ask of them. If they don't, you'll inevitably end up with the latter.

If it's allowed to go down that road, it's more hostility and acrimony than it's worth, and there's no point in even keeping the thread open. Taking the stance they're taking now is their last, best, good-faith attempt to at least keep the topic open. Let's respect them for what they're trying to do, and give them the space they need to do their jobs. There's nobody likes a good knife fight more than I do, but if the moderators choose not to allow one, then we have to nod our heads and move on.

I agree and that would be fine. But here is the rub and you can easily find this. There was a thread regarding McCain and how it was said "he is dying anyway". A whole lot of bile was posted and that thread stands.

Similarly there was a thread on Bourdains death. Again a lot of bile and that was moved to another forum. In this thread we had basically two posts. One simply said karma and one said no sympathy. None said I am glad hope he dies. Those posts were deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 11:29 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Sad to hear it but Cabinet secretaries and advisors are forever tainted and stained by association with the Trump administration. By now they know that but are stuck in the tar pit. That has to take a toll on their health and family life. The sooner this mess is over the better for all concerned.
So what do you want? Impeachment without justification, and Crooked Hillary installed as queen?

Deal with it -- you'll have your chance in 2020 to vote him out.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:31 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I agree and that would be fine. But here is the rub and you can easily find this. There was a thread regarding McCain and how it was said "he is dying anyway". A whole lot of bile was posted and that thread stands.

Similarly there was a thread on Bourdains death. Again a lot of bile and that was moved to another forum. In this thread we had basically two posts. One simply said karma and one said no sympathy. None said I am glad hope he dies. Those posts were deleted.
Truth!

Old 06-12-2018, 01:39 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Good news! Per the White House, Mr. Kudlow is doing okay. (My heart attack led to a quad bypass - hope he can avoid that - it hurt like %$%$.)

tough way for you to go annie, glad you are doing well though. my father and grandfather both had heat attacks early in life, around age 35, and so far i have havent, i am pushing 60 this year.

also happy to hear mr kudlow is doing well, his must have been rather mild, probably due to angina.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:31 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post

I completely noticed that. Suppose Chuck Schumer or Nancy Pelosi had a heart attack, you can guess how that thread would look like, and, well, I'll say no more, we know what I'm saying.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:33 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
He's a mean old man. Surprised he has a heart.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:36 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

Why would religious beliefs not be appropriate in a thread where someone had a heart attack?

Old 06-13-2018, 07:19 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I completely noticed that. Suppose Chuck Schumer or Nancy Pelosi had a heart attack, you can guess how that thread would look like, and, well, I'll say no more, we know what I'm saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He's a mean old man. Surprised he has a heart.

you guys never fail to show your level of hate for anything conservative, which i why democrats keep losing overall these days. if shummer or pelosi had ANY medical issues, most of us conservatives would in fact be sympathetic to them, and would hope they recover from those issues. unlike the left, most of us on the right might not like their politics, but they are still human beings, and they still deserve our sympathy when bad things happen.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:47 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you guys never fail to show your level of hate for anything conservative, which i why democrats keep losing overall these days. if shummer or pelosi had ANY medical issues, most of us conservatives would in fact be sympathetic to them, and would hope they recover from those issues. unlike the left, most of us on the right might not like their politics, but they are still human beings, and they still deserve our sympathy when bad things happen.
Oh, please, enough with the holier than thou attitude. If you think GOPer don't say nasty things about people, you are being willfully obtuse. I don't agree with the mean comments but to pretend they are solely one sided makes you just as big a part of the problem.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Robert Costa reporting on MSNBC that Kudlow is doing well - sitting up, making phone calls.

I can disagree with someone on policy, even vehemently, and not wish for their death or take pleasure in potentially tragic news. Kind of sad that I'm seeing many others who don't feel that way.
I am assuming a bunch were deleted because I have yet to see a disgusting one. Most wishing a speedy recovery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies