Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 08:15 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If she could be criminally charged, I'd support her being sentenced to community service at the 'lynching' museum in Montgomery AL on her dime and reporting back to the judge on what she'd learned.

https://museumandmemorial.eji.org/
Like Tommy Robinson? He was arrested in the name of free speech in the UK.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:21 PM

My thing is this. I disagree with employers firing people for what they do and say on their own time. Employers now need to have an HR disclaimer that in which if you do something on your off duty time and its public, or ruins reputation of the employee or company. The employer holds the right to terminate. Such disclaimers will reduce the likelihood of one saying something fowl or performing action that can land one in prison.

Two we need an employee bill of rights in which people can not be fired for what they say or do online or in public.

My thing is this. We live in a sensitive time and a scary time too. Right now as we speak ,we have different factions of the culture war movement such as pro-blacks, SJW's, feminists, alt-right and white nationalist getting people fired from their jobs, evicted from apartments, expelled from college and at times calling cops on those whos speech they do not agree with and have such people killed via swatting. Social media is very toxic due to the fact lots of pro-blacks, SJWs, feminists, alt-right and white nationalist constantly hunt down those for wrong think and speech. Such people I have mentioned are not good people, and they do not see the bigger picture at times.

As for the young woman who said what she said. She is young, only 20. She has rest of her life to repair. What is also worrying is that she is an Air Force airmen. I wonder if she will get a dishonorable discharge which is far worse than being fired. A cousin of mines had gotten a dishonorable discharge and to this day could not find a very steady job except for security.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Like Tommy Robinson? He was arrested in the name of free speech in the UK.

he was arrested for violating court orders.

Quote:
My thing is this. I disagree with employers firing people for what they do and say on their own time. Employers now need to have an HR disclaimer that in which if you do something on your off duty time and its public, or ruins reputation of the employee or company. The employer holds the right to terminate. Such disclaimers will reduce the likelihood of one saying something fowl or performing action that can land one in prison.

Two we need an employee bill of rights in which people can not be fired for what they say or do online or in public.

she was rightfully fired, why? because she posted her musing on the internet where the public could see them. and that means she was casting her employer in a bad light, and that is proper cause for termination, whether you like it or not.

as for your idiotic employee bill of rights, that is pure rubbish. we should not force employers to keep employees that make the business look bad. that will only hurt the rest of the employees as well as the business owner themselves. put yourself in the business owners place, would YOU want this woman to work for you, and represent you after what she said?

Old 06-12-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
he was arrested for violating court orders.

she was rightfully fired, why? because she posted her musing on the internet where the public could see them. and that means she was casting her employer in a bad light, and that is proper cause for termination, whether you like it or not.

as for your idiotic employee bill of rights, that is pure rubbish. we should not force employers to keep employees that make the business look bad. that will only hurt the rest of the employees as well as the business owner themselves. put yourself in the business owners place, would YOU want this woman to work for you, and represent you after what she said?
She casted herself in a bad light, she did not reference the employer. If she referenced the employer it would be a different story. She may not be able to get a job in the future. That is scary. Her employer had to sever ties with her. Question, Joy Reid? Should she be fired for what she said? NBC kept her instead. You are living in a world of double standard. My thing is this, it is better to know do's and don't do's of the world. My current employer for example, we had to sign an agreement/disclaimer about what we do in our free time. I can do what I want, but if I'm seen at a protest that is not labor related, being arrested, doing something on social media like drug use, alcohol usage, or bigoted, sexist or political comments, it is grounds for termination, and since I sign the agreement, I can not sue upon termination. Social Media and firings is a touchy subject, and it is blurred lines when work intrudes on your personal space such as free time.

Again we live in very sensitive times. Those that be control academia, control media, social media, publishing, thus control the narrative of language. One can say offensive slurs, poetically and jokingly, but those days a long gone. Also the narrative is dominated by groups such as the SJW, and Feminist. Being called a racist and sexist over words is not proof that one is such, the proof is through actions. Even though I don't condone racism, these assumed racist still obtain jobs. You will be so angry to hear about this story. You will probably pull your child out of this school district.

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/03/...-school-board/

You seem very angry, What is your malfunction?

Old 06-12-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
In this country, we have freedom of speech... I know you liberals want to take away any freedom we have if it is not in agreement with your "feelings."
Free speech is only when the government can not sanction speech against the public, except for causing harm. Other than that, say something that one does not like, your employer can fire you, or the person on the other receiving end can kill you.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
She casted herself in a bad light, she did not reference the employer. If she referenced the employer it would be a different story. She may not be able to get a job in the future. That is scary. Her employer had to sever ties with her. Question, Joy Reid? Should she be fired for what she said? NBC kept her instead. You are living in a world of double standard. My thing is this, it is better to know do's and don't do's of the world. My current employer for example, we had to sign an agreement/disclaimer about what we do in our free time. I can do what I want, but if I'm seen at a protest that is not labor related, being arrested, doing something on social media like drug use, alcohol usage, or bigoted, sexist or political comments, it is grounds for termination, and since I sign the agreement, I can not sue upon termination. Social Media and firings is a touchy subject, and it is blurred lines when work intrudes on your personal space such as free time.

Again we live in very sensitive times. Those that be control academia, control media, social media, publishing, thus control the narrative of language. One can say offensive slurs, poetically and jokingly, but those days a long gone. Also the narrative is dominated by groups such as the SJW, and Feminist. Being called a racist and sexist over words is not proof that one is such, the proof is through actions. Even though I don't condone racism, these assumed racist still obtain jobs. You will be so angry to hear about this story. You will probably pull your child out of this school district.

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/03/...-school-board/

You seem very angry, What is your malfunction?

yes she did cast herself in a bad light, and while she may not have referenced her employer in the video, what happens when someone walks into her place of work, notices her, and starts up with her attitude in the video causing a ruckus in the business? the dust up would in fact be her fault because of what she posted on the internet.

but you never answered my question about what would YOU do i you were her employer and saw that video?

as for me being angry, sorry my friend, i dont get angry much anymore, it only puts stress on me and not anyone else.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:49 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,571,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Vulgarity is vulgarity. White, black or polka-dotted. Hateful low class, uneducated trash.

Hateful, violent speech cannot be tolerated. Speech that condones killing other human beings....in fact, speech that encourages others to hate and kill those of another color. It is ignorant.

You call that “liberty?” “Freedom of speech?” I don’t want to live in a country where my fellow citizens are encouraged to kill other citizens based on the color of their skin. That it is fine and dandy with you speaks volumes about your character.
Thanks for proving my point! SJWs are always outraged about anything and everything, unless of course, they aren't. Yes, this is about liberty and freedom of speech, and I'm not surprised that you are against it.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yes she did cast herself in a bad light, and while she may not have referenced her employer in the video, what happens when someone walks into her place of work, notices her, and starts up with her attitude in the video causing a ruckus in the business? the dust up would in fact be her fault because of what she posted on the internet.

but you never answered my question about what would YOU do i you were her employer and saw that video?

as for me being angry, sorry my friend, i dont get angry much anymore, it only puts stress on me and not anyone else.
I don't like Nazis, most importantly, I don't like Grammar-nazis either. Sadly. I have to be in a position of Grammar-nazi. Can you please write properly please.

I would not fire her, but I would give her a suspension. If business got worse, I would have no option, but to seven ties and terminate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.