Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2018, 11:39 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

1. Women should have a frank discussion about how to track their least fertile days with their doctor. Then they know when they are least likely to become pregnant.

2. Ask about the most effective combination of 2 BC products that would work best for them. Get them. Use them.

Use 1+2.

responsibility. accountability. self awareness. self control.

SELF RESPECT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Well, obviously. Hence, the choices are to continue the pregnancy or terminate it.
All of your snide and very angry remarks show 100% that you are still traumatized by the fact you had an abortion. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please seek some help.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:45 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You keep avoiding that...
Speaking of avoiding, you ran away from the thread a few days back after refusing to answer this question, which was posed to you numerous times. Do you have the courage to answer it now?

Do you support forcing women to give birth against their will?

Simple question. Yes or no?

Old 06-17-2018, 12:20 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
And…newtovenice runs away again rather than answering my question.

It’s totally understandable why you refuse to answer it. If you say yes, you look barbaric, and if you says no, then you’re admitting you are pro-choice.

So running away is the only option left.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:29 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
All of your snide and very angry remarks show 100% that you are still traumatized by the fact you had an abortion. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please seek some help.

LOL. Maybe if I hadn't had an abortion I would have ended up someone who likes to scream into the wind on the internet in ALL CAPS and call women baby killers? I mean, that seems like a fun, healthy way to live.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:34 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
And for women who still don't believe that sex leads to pregnancy (lots of them on here apparently the way they fight that women are just so shocked when they realize they are pregnant) and that yes BC may fail so it's best to use 2 methods, that when combined can have a 99% effectiveness ... they still need to understand that actions have consequences.

Why do you not want women to understand that? You know that sex can lead to pregnancy? No one is forcing women to get pregnant. Get an implant and use a condom.
Not every woman can use an implant, or any hormonal method at all.

What do you think about the 1% who use two methods and still get pregnant? Are they entitled to an abortion? If so, why are they more entitled than someone who used one method and it failed?

Old 06-17-2018, 01:05 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
1. Women should have a frank discussion about how to track their least fertile days with their doctor. Then they know when they are least likely to become pregnant.

2. Ask about the most effective combination of 2 BC products that would work best for them. Get them. Use them.

Use 1+2.

SELF RESPECT.

I did have that conversation. Between PCOS and chemotherapy-induced infertility, I was not supposed to be able to have children. I was put on the pill mostly to control my PCOS symptoms.

Still got pregnant taking the pill correctly.

Some say it was a miracle. I say it was that G-d really wanted me to have an abortion, since it would be a danger to my health.

And then there are people like you who are far more dangerous: advocating for women to be forced broodmares while also saying that we should not be protected by universal healthcare, or even by pre-existing condition measures. So not only in your ideal world would I have not been able to have an abortion, impacting my health long term, but I would have been responsible for paying for that for the rest of my life in my lack of ability to gain healthcare coverage.

Thanks, Aunt Lydia.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:18 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
If you hit someone with your car, are you responsible? Yes.
Did you mean to hit them with your car? No.
Are you responsible for any consequences? Yes.

Actions have consequences. People are far from perfect. And that is why they must be responsible for their actions.

You keep avoiding that and think people should NOT recognize that they are accountable for the choices that they make. It's like women are just popping up pregnant all over, wow, how did THAT happen? I can't be pregnant because XYZ.

Well: Did you have sex? Yes. Then yes, you too can be PREGNANT. Shocker.

If you aren't perfect or forget your BC or choose a horrible partner or Abcdefghijklmnop .... reasons ... guess what ... You too can become pregnant.

And should be held accountable. It doesn't give you the right to kill someone.
Abortion is taking responsibility

Old 06-17-2018, 01:20 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:

Use 1+2.

SELF RESPECT.
Self respect? Seriously women can have sex when ever they want they can also choose to abort and still have sel respect

Old 06-17-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Abortion is taking responsibility
No.

Abortion is killing the driver of the other car so you don't have to deal with the consequences of your accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies