Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 09:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Pro-abortion. Don't use manipulative language to absolve yourself of any moral implications behind what you support. I am pro abortion myself, I'm just honest about it. I think abortion is a necessary evil. It's not "pro-choice" and certainly not "anti-forced birth"...those are terms that weasels and cowards use, especially the latter one.

Men have responsibilities in these situations but that does not absolve the women of their own responsibilities, unless they were raped.
Not pro-abortion. PRO-WOMEN. Women are responsible, intelligent and moral. They have the right to consider the impact an unwanted pregnancy and child will have on themselves, their partners and their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 09:35 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
Some pro abortion people use the terms fetus and zygote like lynch mobs used to use the "n" word. Dehumanizes those who they are about to kill. They so passionately support their legal ability to kill their unborn in the womb but they will never admit that that is what they're doing. Almost as if they know it is morally questionable, even if it is sometimes necessary.
Well, no. I didn't want to have a baby, so I terminated a fetus when I found myself pregnant. It's pretty simple when you've taken middle school science, actually.

I didn't kill a baby any more than I killed a teenager or an adult woman/man.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:36 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I call it what it is when someone is attempting to force women to give birth against their will. Pro-forced-birther is certainly an accurate term for it, as that is exactly what they are attempting to do, is it not?

That's a twisted and cowardly way to look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

And if a woman decides she can't or doesn't want to have a child, choosing not to is the responsible thing.

If she can't then it is a necessary evil, if she just doesn't want then she is a woman of low character who would kill her unborn children on a whim. Either way, I support her legal right to do it.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Well, no. I didn't want to have a baby, so I terminated a fetus when I found myself pregnant. It's pretty simple when you've taken middle school science, actually.

I didn't kill a baby any more than I killed a teenager or an adult woman/man.
Fetus is a stage of human development just as infant, baby, child and teenager are. Calling it a fetus doesn't mean you didn't kill a person it just means you killed one at an early stage of development. And I think it should be legal for you to do so.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:46 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
How sad.

Did these men ever talk to their lovers about the possibility of her becoming pregnant if they had sex? Were they using condoms when they had sex (Mr. father of five but only raised three didn't learn from the first abortion?). Were they willing to abstain from sex until they were married or in a long term relationship before having sex which might lead to the creation of a child?

Old 06-13-2018, 09:48 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
Fetus is a stage of human development just as infant, baby, child and teenager are. Calling it a fetus doesn't mean you didn't kill a person it just means you killed one at an early stage of development. And I think it should be legal for you to do so.

Good. But if you also wish I felt really bad about it, you're outta luck....

Old 06-13-2018, 09:51 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
What if it hasn’t developed a brain yet?

Old 06-13-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Good. But if you also wish I felt really bad about it, you're outta luck....
Your morals and your feelings about them are not my concern. Your legal rights are everyone's concern though.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
That's a twisted and cowardly way to look at it.
I agree. Attempting to force women to carry a pregnancy to term and give birth is twisted and cowardly. But that's exactly what these pro-forced-birthers want to do.

Imagine if someone were forcing you to do something with your body that you didn't want to do; something that was going to take almost a year of your life, and that was painful and dangerous. And they're telling you, sorry, Uncle Bully, we don't care if you want to do that with your body or not. We are telling you you have no choice.

I imagine you wouldn't think too kindly of the people who were forcing you to do that against your will, would you, Uncle Bully?

If they don't like being called forced-pro-birthers then they shouldn't be attempting to force women to give birth against their will.

It's really pretty simple.

Quote:
If she can't then it is a necessary evil, if she just doesn't want then she is a woman of low character who would kill her unborn children on a whim. Either way, I support her legal right to do it.
"On a whim?" You have no clue what any woman goes through when making that decision. None whatsoever. You are a man sitting on judgment of women whose shoes you will never walk in.

And you talk about "weasel" words.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
What if it hasn’t developed a brain yet?
There are less moral implications the earlier in the process you are, but it is still a person. Some people need to die though. No different than giving the state the authority to utilize the death penalty, or go to war. Sure unborn children are innocents, but in the early stages of development they are so unaware that it mitigates the innocence factor somewhat.

In a society with a redistributive economy, abortion is necessary regardless of if it is moral. Unwanted children become the economic burden of the entire society, not just the parents. We pay to keep our indigent alive and that gives us some leeway on who we allow to reach a legal status that makes those subsidies their legal right. We grant that legal status at birth, so we get to restrict who gets to be born.

I think abortion should be encouraged and subsidized in the first trimester, discouraged and expensive in the second trimester, and heavily restricted in the third trimester. Day after pills should be sold over the counter and be inexpensive. I think this reflects well the increasing moral implications behind the increased development of the unborn child, while still upholding our right to kill our unborn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies