Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 04:33 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
And you think it would be better if men could make medical decisions for these "skanks"?
again, you (selfish) only see things one way

have you EVER settled an argument/debate/issue... or has it ONLY been your way or the highway????

two people should be able to come to an agreement.... unless the ONE person is too stubborn to work the issue out

you sit there on your high pedestal screaming from the mountain tops "its my body".... well guess it TOOK part of my body, to make that inconvenience to you

I feel real sorry that you are so inhumane, that LIFE has zero meaning to you

you think ""YOUR BODY"" in more important than any one else.... any other life...… that is plain and simple , selfish and greedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 04:45 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
LOL. So women are either “selfish and greedy” or SKANKS who are out to “trap” a man. Noted!

Old 06-18-2018, 05:13 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
again, you (selfish) only see things one way

have you EVER settled an argument/debate/issue... or has it ONLY been your way or the highway????

two people should be able to come to an agreement.... unless the ONE person is too stubborn to work the issue out

you sit there on your high pedestal screaming from the mountain tops "its my body".... well guess it TOOK part of my body, to make that inconvenience to you

I feel real sorry that you are so inhumane, that LIFE has zero meaning to you

you think ""YOUR BODY"" in more important than any one else.... any other life...… that is plain and simple , selfish and greedy
Quote:
I have never said I was against abortion.... in fact I have said I support it... and I support the right to choose....
So, when the man agrees to an abortion, he is inhumane and LIFE has zero meaning to him, what he wants takes precedence over anything else, he is selfish and greedy?

Or, does that only describe having an abortion when the woman makes that decision against the man's wishes?

And, since it took part of YOUR body to create the pregnancy, what do you think YOU should do to support that pregnancy?

The least YOU could do is pay half of all of the costs of maintaining that pregnancy, right up to and including birth, don't you think?

And, if the woman loses her income due to pregnancy complications, shouldn't you be required to pay whatever it takes for the woman to maintain her well being for the sake of the pregnancy?

Finally, when a man and a woman cannot come to an agreement, which one is too stubborn to work the issue out?

Old 06-18-2018, 06:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
And how exactly do you compromise if one person wants and abortion and one does not? Just abort half?
When you engage in sexual activity that is unprotected, if you choose not to protect or allow the other person not to protect -- you give up your ability to control the situation.....if you are man especially.

It is what it is.

End of story.

Guys don't have unprotected sex if you can't accept any of the consequences, whatever they may be.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:46 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I guess you have difficulty dealing with people...

so let's see.... people work things out... come to an agreement

how about this... the guy WANTS her to get an abortion... she does not want one....

you tell me

there are plenty of skanks that TRAP men this very way
When my sister was pregnant with their third child my BIL wanted her to abort. She was hardly a skank. They had been married for years and had two children. She did not want an abortion. Should she have been forced to abort their third child because he said so.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
When my sister was pregnant with their third child my BIL wanted her to abort. She was hardly a skank. They had been married for years and had two children. She did not want an abortion. Should she have been forced to abort their third child because he said so.
sorry I said skank... that was wrong

two sides of one coin:
Should she have been forced to abort their third child because he said so?...… Should he have been forced to lose their third child because she said abort?

my whole point is discussion... talking... debating.. not one side demands, and the other is forced.... no forcing, neither from the male, nor the female....

why cant we all get along

Old 06-19-2018, 09:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
sorry I said skank... that was wrong

two sides of one coin:
Should she have been forced to abort their third child because he said so?...… Should he have been forced to lose their third child because she said abort?

my whole point is discussion... talking... debating.. not one side demands, and the other is forced.... no forcing, neither from the male, nor the female....

why cant we all get along
What happens if one party says keep the other says don't keep?

The final decision is made by the person who has to go through pregnancy. The man faces no risk from being pregnant or delivery, the woman does.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:59 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

The final decision is made by the person who has to go through pregnancy. The man faces no risk from being pregnant or delivery, the woman does.
That is the whole point, right? If everyone agrees then there is no discussion to be had.

If there is a dispute, then the person who actually has risk attached is the final decision maker.

Or so common sense should tell us. But there are those who have absolutely nothing to risk who are demanding to be the ones who get to make that decision.

Women will not return to the days when they are chattel whose lives are determined by the men who "own" them. Much to the dismay of posters like the one you're responding to. He wants those "skanks" to obey him, damn it!

Old 06-19-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

again that is empowering one over the other

sorry but "he doesn't face risk" is not the correct answer... she may be the vessel to carry that baby, but it took the TWO of them to make the baby

Old 06-19-2018, 10:10 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
again that is empowering one over the other

sorry but "he doesn't face risk" is not the correct answer... she may be the vessel to carry that baby, but it took the TWO of them to make the baby
And only ONE who will have to carry it.

But that's of no import for you, because YOU won't be the one doing that.

How easily you dismiss the risk because it's of no risk to YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies