Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 05:12 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
‘I

"Ahead of Father’s Day this Sunday, the pro-life organization “Save the Storks” is embarking on a powerful new video campaign, giving post-abortive men a chance to share their heartbreaking stories of how the procedure changed their lives permanently.

six-part #ChooseFatherhood social video series features four courageous men who are breaking their silence about their deeply personal abortion stories. Over 55 million men have experienced the pain, grief, heartache and guilt of abortion. Now, they are speaking out."

Abortion hurts more than just women.
Just going by your context, I dont have a problem with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 05:28 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Do you also mourn every miscarriage? Do you also mourn every "late period" which might have been an unknown early miscarriage?

As a mother, who had two miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy, I do not know morn those. I am happy for the children, and now grandchildren, that I DO HAVE.

Get over it Dad. That attitude is an affront to the living children you do have.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:57 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Pro-abortion. Don't use manipulative language to absolve yourself of any moral implications behind what you support. I am pro abortion myself, I'm just honest about it. I think abortion is a necessary evil. It's not "pro-choice" and certainly not "anti-forced birth"...those are terms that weasels and cowards use, especially the latter one.

Men have responsibilities in these situations but that does not absolve the women of their own responsibilities, unless they were raped.
It is possible to be pro-choice and personally anti-abortion. Many people who would never choose abortion for themselves still respect the right of others to choose differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well no.

Pro abortions: we must kill the baby (care only about killing the baby)
Pro life: we must respect mother and baby (care about the life of both mother and baby)
Being pro-choice does not mean being pro-abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and maybe should have used the pill or some other form of birth control? Wouldn't you agree?

JAMS14, I was never as a child raised to think I was a second class citizen. I was raised to think I was equal and I could be anything I wanted to be.
About half the women who seek abortion were using some method of contraception in the cycle in which they conceived and sought an abortion.
Quote:
In seven states, plus D.C. some of them are, or at least they are allowed to. And no, the percentage doesn't matter. You use that number to minimize their humanity.

I am pro abortion but we gotta be honest about what we're doing here. All these efforts to justify and minimize what we're doing makes me think people don't want to be honest with themselves about it.
Elective abortions are not done at eight months gestation. If there is a reason to terminate a pregnancy at that point the result is a slightly preterm delivery.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:09 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It is possible to be pro-choice and personally anti-abortion. Many people who would never choose abortion for themselves still respect the right of others to choose differently.
I don't really know how I feel about abortion. Probably won't unless I'm actually in the position where it might happen.

However, more importantly, I recognize women's rights to make their own choices regarding their bodies.

It's none of my business what they decide. Ironically that's a conservative stance, not a liberal one.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:13 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:

If you support the legal right to have an abortion you are pro abortion, even if you wouldn't have one yourself. For example I have no interest in owning a gun but I am pro 2nd amendment. I'm not just pro gun choice. I'm pro gun ownership without owning a gun.

It's odd, the mental gymnastics people who support abortion will go to in order to deny that they are pro abortion. It's almost like they think there's something wrong with abortion.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:19 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times

If it's Wednesday, Janelle must be posting a link to some slanted, right-wing pro-birth propaganda.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:40 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
If you support the legal right to have an abortion you are pro abortion, even if you wouldn't have one yourself. For example I have no interest in owning a gun but I am pro 2nd amendment. I'm not just pro gun choice. I'm pro gun ownership without owning a gun.

It's odd, the mental gymnastics people who support abortion will go to in order to deny that they are pro abortion. It's almost like they think there's something wrong with abortion.

And pro-lifers should be known as pro-birthers since they have made it abundantly clear that once that sacred "baby" has left the birth canal all bets are off.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:47 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,947 times
Quote:
You describe me. I am pro-choice as it is not my place to tell another person what they can do to their body. While I won't say anti-choice (not pro-abortion... that is a word designed to inflame), I do think that abortion should not be used as a simple means of birth control. Granted the majority are not, but some do use it that way, and that doesn't sit right with me.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:57 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:

If you feel that someone else should have the right to choose an abortion, even if you personally would not (no matter what your reasons are), then you are pro-choice. Those who are pro-choice also usually do not erect barriers to access to contraception the way those who are anti-choice do, such as relentlessly campaigning to close Planned Parenthood.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:58 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

If it's Wednesday, Janelle must be posting a link to some slanted, right-wing pro-birth propaganda.
But you always need to look and post. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies