Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 09:55 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times

Advertisements

I might not die for him but I'd volunteer to help herd dissenters into the boxcars!

Old 06-13-2018, 09:56 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Nope. We've read your book and used your plays against you, now you don't like it when you get a taste of your own medicine.

Proving my point

Old 06-13-2018, 09:58 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Sorry, there are plenty of plenty of people that liken Trump to a Second Coming. They actually think God sent Trump, especially evangelicals.
Can you name one such person? Twenty? Actually you should be able to identify at least a couple of million to make such a generalization. Who are they people? Where are they? Fringe wack jobs in tin foil hats do not count (the left has those too). There are always a percentage of unbalanced nutty people who will say anything to get attention. They do not constitute "plenty of people" Still it would surprise me if you can name one such person even if you include the nutty attention hounds.

Please name one person who actually thinks God sent Trump (not just someone who says it to get a rise out of liberals, but one person who actually thinks that. If you an identify one such person it would help me to understand what you think you are saying and why you are trying to generalize this person to "plenty of people" or to apply to the hundreds of millions you seem to think all fall under a single title of "evangelicals"

"Plenty of people sounds like a generalization pulled of some website or Facebook meme which in turn is pulled out of someone's rear end.

Is it just plain nutty to generalize anything about all "evangelicals" as if they were a singular group who all think the same. A large number of my friends are what some would describe as "evangelicals" None of them see him as sent by God, most do not even like him personally. Most of these people are actually very smart even geniuses and see Trump for exactly what he is. Some on the extreme left cannot accept this though the idea that evil "evangelicals" are smart, even smarter than they are, is simply impossible to grasp. Of course much of the ideology of the left is based on the principal that only those an the left are smart and everyone who thinks differently is just stupid or evil, so that is understandable.

Incidentally before you try to group me into one of your convenient generalizations, I dislike Trump the man, maybe even despise him, but given the choice between the extreme left desire to regulate and control my every action and thought and to control most or all of my income, how I raise my children, what I say, or what I am willing to write; and a slimy, brash, unprincipled, childish egomaniac who represents the opposition to that control - I will take the latter. If it ever came down to a fight (which it won't) yes, I would fight and die to oppose that control, regardless of whom was used as the symbol of such opposition.

One of the biggest problem in our country right now is we are offered only two absurd extremes as choices. Frankly, if it came down to it, I would fight and die opposing either extreme.

Lucky for me it will not happen. The extremists on each side are the loudest, but they are nowhere close to the majority. For a time, the loud ones are taking charge of their respective sides because the political situation has become so awful, they are really the only ones willing to step up. That will change eventually. This is not the first time a minority of loud extremists who are polar opposites have gotten control of the parties. It will not be the last.

Last edited by Coldjensens; 06-13-2018 at 10:08 AM..

Old 06-13-2018, 10:01 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Nope. We've read your book and used your plays against you, now you don't like it when you get a taste of your own medicine.
They don't get it. in reality, he (Trump) is doing exactly what Alinsky suggested his followers do. (and Dems have been doing for 40 + years) He employs ridicule which Alinsky described as “the most powerful weapon of all.” …

Old 06-13-2018, 10:05 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
How long has the investigation been going on? They have found nothing and will find nothing. If the President did something wrong, don’t you think they would have said something by now? If not, then they are obstructing justice by keeping it secret.
Sorry, but, people flipping, standing indictments and guilty pleas are not nothing.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:23 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
Proving my point
That democrats operate like dirtbags? Thats the point you were trying to make? So when a person who runs as a Republican and uses the same tactics democrats use you don't like it?

I believe you've just proved our point for us... Not the other way around...
The term would be Hypocrite. It's okay when you/your side does it. Bad when our side does it.

What's even more comical, the media hits Trump and he hits them back 10 fold. And the media and the left can't stand it and don't know how to handle it. So they resort to name calling, end of the world scenarios, exclaim democracy is dying and so on so forth and it's hysterical.
Here's an example. Obama refused to be on Fox news. Okay. Trump blasts CNN journalists. He doesn't just ignore them. He nails them with haymakers. It's like playing whack a mole with a sledgehammer and it is hysterical.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:28 AM

304 posts, read 160,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
How long has the investigation been going on? They have found nothing and will find nothing. If the President did something wrong, don’t you think they would have said something by now? If not, then they are obstructing justice by keeping it secret.

How long was Hillary investigated? How many indictments? convictions?

People investigated Benghazi how many times? How many indictments? convictions?

Uranium one? Who controls congress? where is the special prosecutor Trump promised? Where is Jeff sessions?

Obama did an illegal wire tap? Where is the proof? indictment? conviction?

Pizza-gate, a sex ring in the basement of a building with no basement for the love of god.

The GOP list Scandal after scandal, crime after crime, assertion of guilt after assertion of guilt and you are no closer to an indictment or a conviction then you were before Trump took office and at this rate there will never be one.

Now Mueller has secured indictments and guilty pleas and the like. Will this lead to Trump maybe..maybe not. If Trump is cleared then he is cleared, if there is irrefutable proof Trump was involved then he should be impeached/tried/convicted etc.

I care more about our country being the "city on the shining hill" as Reagan said. Or and example of Democracy as W. Bush said.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:24 AM

44 posts, read 14,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
Let me ask an honest question.

Who is willing to die for Trump?

Seriously...with all this talk of civil war and destruction if "something" happens to Trump I need to know. Are you really willing to DIE, have a loved one die for this man? or at a minimum get hurt for him? maimed. How far will you put yourself on the line for Trump?

I stand by I am not saying Trump is guilty or innocent. I will see what the investigation leads but I also stand by there is no chance in all creation Trump will be CONVICTED in the senate. Impeached..maybe its just a simple majority but 67 senators voting him out? If that happens it means the public has abandoned him so are you really sure about war for a man the vast majority of the people have abandoned (again this is under the assumption the senate convicts him)

Yea! Mike Pence for President!!
Why would Trump supporters need to do anything?
His administration would still be in power.
Democrats would be stuck with the exact same thing. Do they not understand that?
Time to move on to what the Democrats are going to do for the next presidential run.
Right now it seems their policy is to "impeach Trump" and that is worth nothing in the next election.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:08 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
That democrats operate like dirtbags? Thats the point you were trying to make? So when a person who runs as a Republican and uses the same tactics democrats use you don't like it?

I believe you've just proved our point for us... Not the other way around...
The term would be Hypocrite. It's okay when you/your side does it. Bad when our side does it.

What's even more comical, the media hits Trump and he hits them back 10 fold. And the media and the left can't stand it and don't know how to handle it. So they resort to name calling, end of the world scenarios, exclaim democracy is dying and so on so forth and it's hysterical.
Here's an example. Obama refused to be on Fox news. Okay. Trump blasts CNN journalists. He doesn't just ignore them. He nails them with haymakers. It's like playing whack a mole with a sledgehammer and it is hysterical.
Your president is the worst EVER at name calling. Do some fact checking when he opens his mouth because most of what he says are lies.
People are just people and we ALL make mistakes including those in the media whether its Fox or CNN.
Fact: Trump was a Dem before he was a Republican.
My question to you is what happened to the party who was known as the fiscal responsible party??? The party for the people?? Aren't you the slightest bit curious why very few Republicans in the house or congress don't stand up to Trump when even they know he is wrong.
He is a bully and the Republicans have put their careers before the American people.
Nothing about our president making fun of the disabled or a war hero "funny" or "hysterical".
Talk about the term "hypocrite" indeed.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:53 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
He hasn't done anything wrong yet, it all liberal made up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies