Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 02:02 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,616,067 times

Advertisements

Yup, as always, standard operating procedure when getting into an argument with an Asian person is to tell them to go back to their own country. Every. Single. Time. Bonus points for mocking the language or physical appearance (slanting of eyes).

How utterly 'original.'

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woma...200628574.html
Quote:
Facebook user Robin L. Roether uploaded the clips after her friend, who was at Bali Nail Salon in Lutz, Florida, filmed an unidentified fellow customer insulting the woman doing her nails, who’s since been identified as owner Karen Vu.

In the footage, the two appear to be having a dispute over payment as the customer starts to personally attack Vu, who is Asian, for her English skills.

“If they don’t understand the language, they should go back to their own country,” the woman can be heard saying in one video, later telling Vu, “If you can’t explain something you’re charging for, then yeah, there’s a problem.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IIqSS8n1Cao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 02:02 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Well, she certainly seems friendly. Also, English is not the official language and that nail tech sure knows more English than that woman likely knows any Asian language so I hope she never leaves the country and expects anyone to understand her.

I want to drop people like her in rural China for a few months to set their dumb asses straight.

If she dislikes Asian people, she should find a new nail salon or politely ask when she arrives if any of the techs speak fluent English because she struggles with the accents.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:07 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times
What I'd love to do to that women in a closed room......I won't mention.

What an idiot!

This isn't a woman disagreeing with an illegal, this is just a ****! I think both parties will agree. I do wonder why you'd post this for any other reason than to start your own argument on here. I wouldn't want to have anything in common with that lady, don't know why you do.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:38 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
She seems drunk or on some kind of drugs.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:04 PM

1,122 posts, read 960,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yup, as always, standard operating procedure when getting into an argument with an Asian person is to tell them to go back to their own country. Every. Single. Time. Bonus points for mocking the language or physical appearance (slanting of eyes).

How utterly 'original.'

This just made me crazy. First, the patron looks young ... and probably has no clue about the Vietnam War. Someone should have schooled her. People fled their country to come to America where they became citizens and I might add are wonderful citizens. My nail tech came by boat and to this day suffers from PTSD. I wish I had been in that salon as I would have gone up to that woman to school her as well. Then I would have called the police to come have her removed for harassment. The video made me ANGRY.

Linda, my nail tech is 67 yrs old and yes when she speaks to me I have hard time understanding her but I have to pay close attention when she is talking. She is the sweetest person - we have had many talks about the war. These people were devastated that they had to leave their country.

The video made me sad to watch.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:49 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Good grief.

What is this woman doing getting her nails done here?

Surely, she could tell when they told her to pick out nail polish that it was not her kind of place.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:03 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

How utterly 'original.'

One of the things I despise about social media is the fact that everyone seems to need to video every single thing and post it up. It's not because they want people to be aware, it's because they want to "go viral" and get their name out there...for purely selfish reasons.

If every tirade was posted on social media, nothing else would ever get through.

So, some lady went off on an Asian lady and called her names.

And?

Now what.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:23 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,084,715 times
The woman’s behavior is obnoxious and the nail salon should ban her.

That said, why do so many of your threads start with a piece from Yahoo Lifestyle?

Old 06-14-2018, 02:41 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
When people are mad, crazed, wasted or otherwise raging they are going to say the worst things they can think of. It doesn't matter and means nothing and isn't news. The world is stupid.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:35 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
a black woman unleashed a bigoted rant on a Jewish man in NYC on the subway last week. why wasn't that attack deemed worthy of your constant attack threads here, OP? these selected white bias attacks are getting old.
This woman is Jewish. Depending on if Jews are lecturing white people, they will call themselves "white". Otherwise, they claim not to be white. If that makes you feel any better. Not sure why, the whole thing is pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies