Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 08:34 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Be grateful you haven't been added to the kill list since then.

Good call though and I love the fact that both Obama and Trump are guilty of getting us to this point.

Team Red vs Team Blue is more meaningless than usual on this one. Your government has opened the door for your own annihilation.

I hope the voters of America are happy.
Well the world isn't fair and most countries are raging hypocrits when it comes to do as I say, not as I do.

I readily cede that the US is not the universal "good guy".

However, while we can't fully prevent another "9-11" style attack using drones or whatnot there would be one heckuva pay-back which is why you don't see major powers with ICBM's doing crap like this to each other.

A number of 2nd tier countries have crossed the US in one way or another and wound up either wrecked or far below where they could be. Most US citizens don't view the US with some sense of fear because we're always told is justified and needed etc. a lot of other countries around the world know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 12:42 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It would have to be launched from Mexico or Canada.
Boats. It's a pretty well-proven technology.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:54 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
We used to use snipers... Rather than a smart bomb or missile...
Within visual range on the battlefield, true, but war doesn't really work that way any more.

The fighter ambush that took out Yamamoto's plane is perhaps a better equivalent of a targeted strike on a high-value enemy, but that was a pretty unique set of circumstances. Going back, we used to use dumb bombs and lots of them, and that was kinda hard on the bystanders, too.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:01 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
We have to keep in mind too, they very likely have 'tools', weapons , and capabilities the general public is not aware of, so who knows what they can really do. Its pretty common knowledge we are not privy to all the toys of destruction they have, they have ALOT of stuff that is classified and top secret. Kind of the like the helicopters used when they raided Bin Ladens compound, they came from Area 51 and were completely silent.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:34 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Interesting article by The Washington Times from a few days ago...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...fire-nations-/

Read the whole thing. It talks about the rapid increase in technology and how many more nations/non-nations have acquired the technology necessary.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

If you've supported the drone strikes overseas (and you do if you support the State) then the roosters may be coming home to roost.

If it's morally acceptable to kill innocents in Yemen, Libya, Iraq, Somalia, etc then the families of those killed have every right to use drones to kill innocents here, no?
This is essentially why I have always been opposed to this practice. We have established a precedent.

One can only imagine the moral outrage of our citizens if we were subjected to this type of foreign incursion (imagine if the car in your neighbors driveway was just walloped by a concrete bomb and your small kids were playing in the yard nearby), and then it is clear why people around the world resent this practice and us for promoting it.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:10 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This is essentially why I have always been opposed to this practice. We have established a precedent.

One can only imagine the moral outrage of our citizens if we were subjected to this type of foreign incursion (imagine if the car in your neighbors driveway was just walloped by a concrete bomb and your small kids were playing in the yard nearby), and then it is clear why people around the world resent this practice and us for promoting it.
No Statist can say a word if a group of grieving/enraged folks from outside the country launch a drone strike on American soil.

Not-a-single-word.

This is why I will constantly rail against the State and the Statists that support it: your actions do not stand alone. Your actions can get myself or loved ones killed.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:41 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
We used to use snipers... Rather than a smart bomb or missile...
I agree, the only downside is it takes longer to get a sniper into position. But I agree, better choice, less collateral damage.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:09 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
What goes around comes around. It wouldn't surprise me to someday see drone strikes on certain dung piles walking on our soil.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:22 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Interesting article by The Washington Times from a few days ago...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...fire-nations-/

Read the whole thing. It talks about the rapid increase in technology and how many more nations/non-nations have acquired the technology necessary.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

If you've supported the drone strikes overseas (and you do if you support the State) then the roosters may be coming home to roost.

If it's morally acceptable to kill innocents in Yemen, Libya, Iraq, Somalia, etc then the families of those killed have every right to use drones to kill innocents here, no?
Interesting! Mexicans could blow up the BIG WALL with drones in an afternoon.

Technology wars, I suppose the next step is to use anti-aircraft missile tech on all drones in the USA?
Small packages from, like Amazon, are going to be delivered by drones in the utopian future.

Utopia V Dystopia?

Old 06-15-2018, 06:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Interesting! Mexicans could blow up the BIG WALL with drones in an afternoon.

Technology wars, I suppose the next step is to use anti-aircraft missile tech on all drones in the USA?
Small packages from, like Amazon, are going to be delivered by drones in the utopian future.

Utopia V Dystopia?
Drones used in crimes will also increase drastically! In fact, some people claim this is already becoming a problem but the incidents are not being widely reported on, as to not 'tarnish' the civilian drone market too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies