Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 06:45 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times

Advertisements

"Happy Birthday, President Trump" is something so simple to say. He is our President. Yet, I've seen a few posts by liberals here who MUST post classless/dirty comments. They are inept in failing to grasp the fact that those crass comments are reflections on their character, intellect and unrefined persona. As always, that's what makes forums popular, I guess. Hiding behind a computer allows some individuals a venue to be the tough person they wish they were.

Happy to say there are other liberals/non Trump supporters here, who post their thoughts with class and intelligence, and they wish our President a Happy Birthday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 07:24 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Reagan started the destruction of the middle class and Trump is putting on the finishing touches so they do have that in common. Trump is the culmination of years of the GOP morphing into a corporate run crime syndicate and the reality show dumbing-down of a swath of citizens that are willing to vote against their own best interest as long as their bigotry, racism and fear are fed by the throwing of red meat.
Aptly put.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:09 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
"Happy Birthday, President Trump" is something so simple to say. He is our President. Yet, I've seen a few posts by liberals here who MUST post classless/dirty comments.They are inept in failing to grasp the fact that those crass comments are reflections on their character, intellect and unrefined persona. As always, that's what makes forums popular, I guess. Hiding behind a computer allows some individuals a venue to be the tough person they wish they were.

Happy to say there are other liberals/non Trump supporters here, who post their thoughts with class and intelligence, and they wish our President a Happy Birthday!
If Trump had any decency about him, for example, foregoing calling everyone down, that does not agree with him or his policies. During the campaign, he was so crass, saying anything that would hurt his rivals. It was the most sickening display of unrefined persona. It should have been a reflection of his character, intellect and moral compass. (your words, and thank you.)

Trump lost my vote, when he made fun of the journalist, with a disabling affliction. So, Trump sets an example with his loose tongue and lack of empathy for anyone, other than his old. rich cronies.

Trump should act like a classy 72 year old adult, instead of a spoiled, rich toddler. Trump must think that being a bully, makes him tough, it only makes him look like the weak individual he is.

He almost had me with his meeting with Kim. He even seemed kind and humble. Came back to US and there he is again...............America's Sweetheart, dirty rotten scoundrel.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:15 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
While I tend to agree with you, it amazes me how vigorous some of these older politicians are. Even with having the best health care available and a staff to take care of them, they still have to a grueling schedule to keep up, especially the POTUS.
Yes, especially when THIS one keeps most of his mornings as "personal time". The most obese president since Taft.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:16 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
With age, there comes wisdom.
That seems to have wizzed right by this POTUS.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:26 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I find it hilarious the bubble many liberals are finding themselves in, where everything about Trump has to be negative. If anyone says anything the least bit positive, they are in a cult. If I said I like the tie that Trump is wearing today, I will get some pretty vicious responses from the left about it.
How about an factual response? That tie was made in China in a Trump family of grifters sweat shop as opposed to made in the USA by American workers.

Trump’s ‘Made in the USA’ Spin

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/05/tr...he-u-s-a-spin/

Old 06-16-2018, 12:30 AM

251 posts, read 148,347 times
Quote:
Reagan started the destruction of the middle class and Trump is putting on the finishing touches so they do have that in common. Trump is the culmination of years of the GOP morphing into a corporate run crime syndicate and the reality show dumbing-down of a swath of citizens that are willing to vote against their own best interest as long as their bigotry, racism and fear are fed by the throwing of red meat.

The most accurate words ever.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:32 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
With age, there comes wisdom.
I actually laughed at this.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:45 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
"Happy Birthday, President Trump" is something so simple to say. He is our President. Yet, I've seen a few posts by liberals here who MUST post classless/dirty comments. They are inept in failing to grasp the fact that those crass comments are reflections on their character, intellect and unrefined persona. As always, that's what makes forums popular, I guess. Hiding behind a computer allows some individuals a venue to be the tough person they wish they were.

Have you said this to your birthday boy? It fits him to a “T”.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:34 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
The middle class did benefit during the Reagan years. But the leftists will never admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies