Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 06:45 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,079,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
one of the reasons for those mass migrations is due to the lack of ability to grow ones own food, and that can be solved through technology. ever hear of hydroponics?
Agreed. Which is why it is important to prepare for the worst. While at the same time trying to prevent it.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:52 PM

56,948 posts, read 25,881,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Anyone who takes this seriously is a nut. These guys can't even get their models to predict an accurate 3 day, who in their right minds trusts them with a 20 or more years out prediction? You'd have to be insane to trust them.
NASA, Exxon and most of the scientists in the world take it seriously but I guess your source knows better, Scott Pruitt?

Old 06-15-2018, 07:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,683,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Agreed. Which is why it is important to prepare for the worst. While at the same time trying to prevent it.

the only thing is that when pushed, the global warming experts have said that even if we eliminated ALL co2 emissions today, it would be one hundred years before we saw any drop in the global mean temperature, and that would only be at best a 1 degree F drop.

but let me ask a question that i have NEVER gotten an answer to,

lets say we do everything the global warming alarmists say we need to do, IE institute new regulations on carbon emissions, raise taxes a substantial amount on carbon based fuels, redistribute the wealth of the richest nations to the poorest nations, etc. basically spending untold trillions of dollars, and severely damaging the worlds economy, and we get no change in global warming, or the issue gets worse. what then?

or lets say the effort not only works, but works too well, and we go into another period of glaciation. now what?

Old 06-15-2018, 07:54 PM

56,948 posts, read 25,881,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the only thing is that when pushed, the global warming experts have said that even if we eliminated ALL co2 emissions today, it would be one hundred years before we saw any drop in the global mean temperature, and that would only be at best a 1 degree F drop.

but let me ask a question that i have NEVER gotten an answer to,

lets say we do everything the global warming alarmists say we need to do, IE institute new regulations on carbon emissions, raise taxes a substantial amount on carbon based fuels, redistribute the wealth of the richest nations to the poorest nations, etc. basically spending untold trillions of dollars, and severely damaging the worlds economy, and we get no change in global warming, or the issue gets worse. what then?

or lets say the effort not only works, but works too well, and we go into another period of glaciation. now what?
The science indicates we are being impacted and it will continue but you are right in that we are way behind due to inaction even if we stopped all man generated CO2 today. We should have started decades ago. The cost will be extensive and far exceeds any tax not to mention mass migration and instability.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:29 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,253,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe take a yoga class now
Exactly.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:44 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,483,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...global-warming

Wish I believed it was a hoax. Because I hate the heat..

But anyways, 3-2-1.. ARGUE..
Urgent in need of money to pay for children of UN officials’ college tuitions.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,683,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The science indicates we are being impacted and it will continue but you are right in that we are way behind due to inaction even if we stopped all man generated CO2 today. We should have started decades ago. The cost will be extensive and far exceeds any tax not to mention mass migration and instability.

now answer the questions i posed.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:59 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,395,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I think climate change deniers have some hard wired aversion to long term thinking.
People growing up in the 70's remember global cooling (due to increasing smog blocking the sun) being the danger, but it seems that was only a conjecture and global warming is a theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies