Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2018, 09:08 AM

7,448 posts, read 2,805,540 times

Advertisements

Tariffs are taxes on consumers, the American people will pay for the tariffs. Every time trump says we are putting in x billions of tariffs, that is another x billion dollars of taxes on American consumers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 09:11 AM

76,842 posts, read 47,156,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Taking in Billions in tariffs = taking Billions from the American consumer. He is ripping off the US consumer, and he thins China is paying us.

Its scary he is doing this, and by-passing Congress 100%, and he has zero clue what he is talking about.

We should actually be more critical of the Congress who is allowing this to happen.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,358,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Who's the dummies who wrote that article? Of course China is paying, just like we are.
I think I'm beginning to understand the real scope of the problem America is currently facing.

Jeeeze Louise!

Old 09-19-2018, 09:14 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,390,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The Chinese govt. is not paying...it's the companies producing the goods.

It's a cost of production.

And we the consumer pay for it.

Does Trump think the USA govt. pays tariffs to other countries?

YIKES!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The importer pays, who will add the cost to the consumer, so its the American consumer who is paying.

China is not paying us anything.
China's consumers are paying when they purchase a US product that has a tariff on it DUH!. WTF is wrong you people? It works the same both ways. The OP is nothing more than #fakenews yet again!

Old 09-19-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I think I'm beginning to understand the real scope of the problem America is currently facing.

Jeeeze Louise!
It's you nuts who don't understand. The tariffs work both ways. Both US AND Chinese consumers are paying.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenth View Post
I just spoke to my insurance agent. Trump's tariffs are being cited as the reason for a 20% increase in my auto insurance premiums. The agent said everyone will be impacted by this price increase as their policies renew. Insurance companies are expecting higher prices on the parts used to repair collision damage.
Good, maybe the repair shops will buy from America instead like they should be. Chinese crap is extremely inferior junk.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:23 AM

76,842 posts, read 47,156,824 times
Quote:
China's consumers are paying when they purchase a US product that has a tariff on it DUH!. WTF is wrong you people? It works the same both ways. The OP is nothing more than #fakenews yet again!
China is not paying tariffs to US, which is what Trump thinks.

No one gives a flying rats ass what the Chinese consumer pays their own government.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:24 AM

44,982 posts, read 26,132,413 times
Quote:
Who's the dummies who wrote that article? Of course China is paying, just like we are.
Being from Chicago I like to say hooze the dummies
The dummies are the folks who think tariffs are anything but another tax. A tax that has the net effect of shrinking the market place by making goods more expensive or all-together unavailable. What do you think that does for overall employment and standards of living?
Is china paying? Well for certain its own consumers are by way of a tax on them from their own govt when purchasing goods from us, just as is happening here with its products.
Tell us; Who are the potential winners in this war again? I see two populations being taxed by their own governments while using the other government as an excuse and wrapping it in nationalism.
Its the perfect scam on the unawares amongst us.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
China is not paying tariffs to US, which is what Trump says.

No one gives a flying rats ass what the Chinese consumer pays their own government.
Yes they are. That's how tariffs work. Go away with your nonsense #fakenews already. You look seriously foolish.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Being from Chicago I like to say hooze the dummies
The dummies are the folks who think tariffs are anything but another tax. A tax that has the net effect of shrinking the market place by making goods more expensive or all together unavailable. What do you think that does for over all employment and standards of living?
Is china paying? Well for certain its own consumers are by way of a tax on them from their own govt when purchasing goods from us, just as is happening here with its products.
Tell us; Who are the potential winners in this war again? I see two populations being taxed by their own governments while using the other government as an excuse and wrapping it in nationalism.
Its the perfect scam on the unawares amongst us.
The goal is to NOT import garbage from China and make those products here that will be much better quality, which is worth the few extra pennies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies