Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 12:06 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
When did we become a theocracy?
When did we become the type of people who would separate children from their parents, put them in detention centers, just to make a point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
So, don't bake the cake for the same-sex wedding?
No shoes, no shirt, no service, basically saying a person providing a service has the right to chose their customers.

The impact of the weight from all the gov regulations hasn't hit home yet I guess as I see people advocating for more and more gov regulations with fewer choices, left for themselves.

Are we loosing the ability to think for ourselves, that the gov. has to 'help' us do it?

Old 06-16-2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"RESOLVED, That we urge citizen Christians to follow the biblical principle of caring for the foreigners among us (Deuteronomy 24:17-22) and the command of Christ to be a neighbor to those in need of assistance (Luke 10:30-37), regardless of their racial or ethnic background, country of origin, or legal status;"

Southern Baptist Convention > On The Crisis Of Illegal Immigration

Southern Baptists coming out in favor of being Good Samaritans?

As I live and breath.

What next? Will they be condemning ripping children from their parents' arms?

Where will this all end?
Advocating for the separation of church and state ...

Why Some Baptists Weren’t Happy with Mike Pence’s Stump Speech at Texas Gathering

"What’s more surprising — though not from a historical perspective — is that some in attendance were not at all happy that Pence had been given a speaking role. That divide highlights ongoing tensions among Baptists over whether and how the SBC should be involved in politics. Put simply, the way that one faction — represented by leaders like Jeffress — cozies up to the Trump administration dismays other Baptists, who can point to two centuries of Baptist teaching against entangling church and state."

Old 06-16-2018, 12:34 AM

Quote:
The resolution speaks for itself.

RESOLVED, That the messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Dallas, Texas, June 12–13, 2018, affirm the value and dignity of immigrants, regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, culture, national origin, or legal status; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we desire to see immigration reform include an emphasis on securing our borders and providing a pathway to legal status with appropriate restitutionary measures, maintaining the priority of family unity, resulting in an efficient immigration system that honors the value and dignity of those seeking a better life for themselves and their families; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we declare that any form of nativism, mistreatment, or exploitation is inconsistent with the gospel of Jesus Christ; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we encourage all elected officials, especially those who are members of Southern Baptist churches, to do everything in their power to advocate for a just and equitable immigration system, those in the professional community to seek ways to administer just and compassionate care for the immigrants in their community, and our Southern Baptist entities to provide resources that will equip and empower churches and church members to reach and serve immigrant communities; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we encourage pastors to address immigration issues with their local churches and to exhort their congregations to serve their local immigrant communities; and be it finally

RESOLVED, That we affirm that all immigrants are either brothers and sisters in Christ or people whom God loves and has given us an opportunity to reach with the gospel where otherwise they may never have heard.

Resolutions - 2018 SBC Annual Meeting

I didn't see anything in it that supports illegal immigration or a free pass to fence jumpers that bring their children along.

If I shoplift, drive drunk, trespass or do anything else that will cause me to be arrested, and if I bring a small child with me when I commit any of these minor crimes, the child won't be accompanying me to the grey-bar inn and I don't get to avoid arrest because the child is present, so why is illegal entry into the United States different?
They are not illegal, until they miss their court dates ...

This is what I see happening today.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:00 AM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
How should religious people act don?

Apparently, they are supposed to snub the rule of law which is in place to protect the innocent all in the name of so-called compassion for law breakers.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:05 AM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Like they believe in the words of the bible.

Tell us where in the Bible it says to embrace law breakers who take from others what doesn't belong to them.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:11 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/u...-religion.html

Looks like even the Southern Baptist Convention is denouncing the current immigration policy.

DAYAM! You know you've taken your "obey the law" (and even general anti-liberalism, anti-PC) too far when even the SBC implicitly condemns your position.
Who cares! BUILD THE WALL!

Old 06-16-2018, 07:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Anyone with a non-NYT link?

https://www.christianpost.com/news/e...ations-225011/

Catholic leaders denounce Trump's zero-tolerance policy | Daily Mail Online

Old 06-16-2018, 10:45 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Seeking asylum is not illegal.

Thank you. Saved me some typing !!

Old 06-16-2018, 10:49 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Very Putin esque. Attack children and blame it on your political enemies...close to elections.
Those two bro s conference call regularly when T doesn't know what to do next rather than consult the constitution.
M AGA by ousting the foreign enemy aligned usurper of the title POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies