Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 07:55 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,543,516 times

Advertisements

While some of you are celebrating Father's Day either with your dad or as one, some of you also support this administration's soulless and depraved acts of separating kids from their parents at the border. I choose to remember those families today and hope you reconsider your support for this man in Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 07:56 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,389,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
While some of you are celebrating Father's Day either with your dad or as one, some of you also support this administration's soulless and depraved acts of separating kids from their parents at the border. I choose to remember those families today and hope you reconsider your support for this man in Washington.
I for one, as a business owner, am thankful for undocumented workers. If it wasn't for them and the state of California helping me, I would have to pay Americans better wages, contribute to silly things like 401k, unemployment and workers' compensation funds, follow safety rules and be subjected to lawsuits the same as employers in other industries. Thank God the Democrats keep the steady flow of cheap labor coming in.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:10 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,543,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I for one, as a business owner, am thankful for undocumented workers. If it wasn't for them and the state of California helping me, I would have to pay Americans better wages, contribute to silly things like 401k, unemployment and workers' compensation funds, follow safety rules and be subjected to lawsuits the same as employers in other industries. Thank God the Democrats keep the steady flow of cheap labor coming in.
How about you give your real name and business name and I'm sure in time people will stop forcing you to hire illegal immigrants?

Old 06-17-2018, 08:25 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,962,631 times
Someone pass that man a Kleenex.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:37 AM

29,850 posts, read 24,953,870 times
Illegals who break into America are the cause of this separation. The laws are very clear. If you would like to bring your family here and remain as a family unit, come here legally.

This is incredibly basic stuff. A high school drop out can comprehend this. So what is the average democrat's major malfunction? Do they lack a brain?

Old 06-17-2018, 09:42 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,402,120 times
Although I think it's a horrible policy, if I thought my family would be separated when I crossed a border to another country, I wouldn't go there. I'd stay in my own country or find another place to migrate to. It wouldn't be worth that risk. I want to know what the Mexican government is doing to help their people. It seems they do nothing.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:47 AM

29,850 posts, read 24,953,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Although I think it's a horrible policy, if I thought my family would be separated when I crossed a border to another country, I wouldn't go there. I'd stay in my own country or find another place to migrate to. It wouldn't be worth that risk. I want to know what the Mexican government is doing to help their people. It seems they do nothing.

What are the people of Mexico doing to help their country? Sneaking into America will not improve Mexico.

As Kennedy said, "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

Mexico, please take note and improve your country. Or suffer the continued decline of your nation and people. It is solely up to the citizens of each nation to make their country as great or as miserable as they desire.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:50 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,492,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What are the people of Mexico doing to help their country? Sneaking into America will not improve Mexico.

As Kennedy said, "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

Mexico, please take note and improve your country. Or suffer the continued decline of your nation and people. It is solely up to the citizens of each nation to make their country as great or as miserable as they desire.
True .

Why aren’t liberals crossing the border into Mexico and protesting the Mexican government?

Why aren’t Mexicans in Mexico standing up and demanding more from their government ?

Mexico has to fix their problems and we have to fix our problems .

We can’t bring in the world’s poor from corrupt nations as it will be billions of people

Old 06-17-2018, 10:29 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

so you think breaking up families of those arrested is a bad thing. how about when someone is arrested or convicted of a crime in this country who happens to have children at home. should they also be let go to be with their children? say someone robbed a bank, and during the crime murdered a security officer, or a customer or a clerk, and they are caught and convicted of these crimes, should they be let go and reunited with their family?

the children taken at the border are put into temporary foster homes while the parents cases are reviewed. but understand that the parents are the ones that broke our laws coming here illegally.

i will also note that the obama administration DID THE VERY SAME THING AS WELL. where were you then? praising obama for dealing harshly with illegals?

Old 06-17-2018, 10:31 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

would you be crossing their border ILLEGALLY? would you be committing crimes in their country? likely not. you would most likely be following the laws of the other country, and as a result you would not be separated from your family. was are not talking about people who come here legally and follow our laws, but rather people who break our laws and come here ILLEGALLY. there is a huge difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies