Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 09:59 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

The reason why I ask this question is that those that be who have been employed by Ronald Reagan and nearing retirement, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama hired civil employees. All of these civil employees undermined Donald Trump decision making or any decision making that comes from his cabinet members. Also since for those who are lefties and hate Trump, and used to have hatred for Ronald Reagan and the Bushes. Do you guys have a change of heart for Ronald Reagan and the Bushes due to the fact their administration still have employees working for the Federal government and are undermining Donald Trump?

Also I'm not a Trump supporter or voted for Donald Trump either. I'm just asking, are those who hate Trump, are thankful for the existence of the Deep State?

Old 06-17-2018, 10:30 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
There is no deep state. Stop watching such nonsense. If there was some great hidden deep state controlling it all I'd be far FAR happier. they seem to be immensely capable. But I assure you, we are not that fortunate to have such capable folks in charge.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:51 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
There is no deep state. Stop watching such nonsense. If there was some great hidden deep state controlling it all I'd be far FAR happier. they seem to be immensely capable. But I assure you, we are not that fortunate to have such capable folks in charge.
I'm not talking about a shadow government that runs thing behind the scene. I'm talking about employees from previous administrations, and even retired policy makers that undermine or help change current administration.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-18-2018 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 06-17-2018, 11:44 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The reason why I ask this question is that those that be who have been employed by Ronald Reagan and nearing retirement, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama hired civil employees. All of these civil employees undermined Donald Trump decision making or any decision making that comes from his cabinet members. Also since for those who are lefties and hate Trump, and used to have hatred for Ronald Reagan and the Bushes. Do you guys have a change of heart for Ronald Reagan and the Bushes due to the fact their administration still have employees working for the Federal government and are undermining Donald Trump?

Also I'm not a Trump supporter or voted for Donald Trump either. I'm just asking, are those who hate Trump, are thankful for the existence of the Deep State?

Personally, posts like this makes me thankful I am of sound mind.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:

You have to believe in the Deep State to be thankful for it --lol.

My dislike of Trump has little to do with conservatives vs. liberals or Republicans vs. Democrats -- it is more 30 years of Trump quotes and admission of the kind of behavior I don't like in any human being but especially the President.

It is less about some of his policies -- I despise the man -- he has no moral character (in my opinion).

Old 06-18-2018, 01:11 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You have to believe in the Deep State to be thankful for it --lol.

My dislike of Trump has little to do with conservatives vs. liberals or Republicans vs. Democrats -- it is more 30 years of Trump quotes and admission of the kind of behavior I don't like in any human being but especially the President.

It is less about some of his policies -- I despise the man -- he has no moral character (in my opinion).
Look at it this way, Trump's mentor was Roy Cohn, perhaps one of the most evil men in American history. Is it any wonder Trump tells so many lies when he was taught by a world class liar.

Let's not forget that Cohn was rabidly anti homosexual but was in fact gay himself, he died from AID's. He used Barbara Walters as his beard at parties and other functions.

You are dead right when you said that Trump has no moral character. I attended a debate at Oxford University where Tony Schwartz, who wrote the art of the deal, was the guest speaker.

When he was asked what it was like working with Trump, and to describe Trump's character, Schwarz said that Trump was pathologically impulsive and his attention span was almost none existent. He said that if he could rename the book he would call it 'The Sociopath'.

He also spoke about Trump's lack of empathy, Shwartz said that Trump had a black hole where his moral compass ought to be. That debate was eighteen months ago and it seems that Mr Schwartz was absolutely spot on with his assessment of Trump.

The question is this, How the hell did someone with Trump's history of bankruptcy, his treatment of women, his blatant racism, and the Trump University scandal, get to be president of the United States?

Old 06-18-2018, 01:21 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
This is an interesting question because the left is supposed to be the party of civil libertarians yet here we have people of the highest order of power talking about stopping a presidential nominee, spying on him, creating an open ended investigation into him, raiding his attorney's office and jailing him. If this had happened to Barrack Obama these people would be rioting in the street.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:50 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
This is an interesting question because the left is supposed to be the party of civil libertarians yet here we have people of the highest order of power talking about stopping a presidential nominee, spying on him, creating an open ended investigation into him, raiding his attorney's office and jailing him. If this had happened to Barrack Obama these people would be rioting in the street.
Seriously? You had the entire Republican political party claiming Obama was a foreign born Muslim for the sole purpose of stopping a presidential nominee. Did you forget about that? Karma, baby. Karma.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:06 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
I've read a lot of science fiction and fantasy in my life. The Deep State story is mediocre at best.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:24 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
I'm talking about employees from previous administrations, and even retired policy makers that undermine or help change current administration.
Did this not occur before the current administration? Were their no Bush holdovers into the Obama administration? Clinton holdovers into Bush and on and on?

The term "deep state" did not even exist until Bannon borrowed the term from Turkey. So where was the "deep state" before this administration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies