Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 09:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Would you feel that way if someone shot and killed a person you cared about for crimes that did not carry the death penalty as an option? This man's crimes would not have resulted in the death penalty and he was sentenced and executed by a civilian with no police affiliation.

I am doubting you would be okay with this happening to someone you knew.
The 2nd amendment is for all forms of oppression of your free state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 09:26 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Uh huh...And who do you know of, has actually made a fake gun to use in a crime, in the world, despite it being around for 5 years now? I'll answer that, no one. One, it's unreliable as a threat. The plastic gun literally looks like a childs toy gun, if that. Two, it's single shot only, and has the potential to just explode in your hand, because, well, it's made of plastic, and has happened to the guy who invented it. Please come up with better fake news next time.
Not from a 3D printer, though they have metal ones now, not plastic.
Who cares how many shots it can fire. My point is, you can make a gun with pieces from home depot. With a CNC machine you can make an actual firearm.

Homemade guns built for less than $20 are 'up close and personal' weapons present in Saskatchewan | CBC News

vs

https://www.wired.com/2014/10/cody-wilson-ghost-gunner/

Old 06-18-2018, 09:27 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Please, I am tired of hearing this scarred mentally for life BS. Things happen and people get over it.
Judging from our suicide rate I think you might be a bit overzealous.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Uh huh...And who do you know of, has actually made a fake gun to use in a crime, in the world, despite it being around for 5 years now? I'll answer that, no one. One, it's unreliable as a threat. The plastic gun literally looks like a childs toy gun, if that. Two, it's single shot only, and has the potential to just explode in your hand, because, well, it's made of plastic, and has happened to the guy who invented it. Please come up with better fake news next time.

Fake gun?

Do you even know what a slide gun is?

I can make a deadly weapon with 2 pieces of pipe and an endcap, with one pipe diameter able to slide in the other.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:47 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
I just hope the good guy does not suffer too much from this. Even shooting someone in combat leaves mental scars. (experienced) I imagine that this will too.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:49 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
don't disagree with a mod or you will be written up for a fictional 'personal attack'. I think the same people that run this site run twitter.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:54 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
don't disagree with a mod or you will be written up for a fictional 'personal attack'. I think the same people that run this site run twitter.
I don't know about that. I've flat out disagreed with and been a bit snarky with RedZin in the last few posts of mine and have suffered no harsh consequences. Moderator doing his/her job as far as I'm concerned, not penalizing those for having different opinions.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:59 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Default What is the LAW in YOUR locality?

Quote:
Okay... I guess Washington is fine with it. I do not live in Washington, so I am not "embarrassed" for not knowing their laws (or actually caring about their laws, really).

I still think he wanted to shoot someone, so he did. Lots of gun owners are actually people who want to be free to kill others and are looking for the opportunity. That's why they walk around armed to the teeth.

Do you even KNOW the laws in YOUR state (or country)? Many places have laws regarding the "Castle Doctrine" and the "No duty to retreat".
Montana is quite plain about the defense of self, family, and others, as well.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:09 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
The girl who was carjacked wasn't hurt at all.

The people in the store were not hurt.

Then:

"Police said the suspect went outside to the parking lot and tried to carjack a car and shot the driver when he refused to cooperate. Then, the suspect tried to carjack a second car and that's when a bystander intervened and shot the suspect dead. Witnesses said a total of three bystanders pulled guns on the suspect."

This guy had 3 people with guns on him and one decided to shoot him.

Note: The person shot in the parking lot while he was trying to boost another car was not killed.

I'm not saying that it would be wrong to have shot him if you were the person being shot at, but it doesn't appear that this was the case at all.
If a cop arrived on the scene with victims having gunshot wounds s/he would shoot to stop the threat and further harm. There was no cop around but this bystander was. He also had no idea that the first carjacking had happened or possibly he had fired shots in the store. He only knew that a person WITH A GUN was SHOOTING people in the parking lot, not knowing the extent of their injuries.

Your opinion on this situation is severely deluded.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:20 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
I sure hope nobody ever misunderstands my intentions and shoots me and y'all hop in here cheering the "good guy with a gun" over it.
Don't start shooting inside a Walmart then. I get that the article is unclear if he was shooting at people or at a display case, but he's firing a gun inside a public place. Eff wondering what his intentions may be and stop the bastard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies