Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 03:00 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Nobody said anything about a cure, and even treatment is probably not a good term. Perhaps coping would be a better one: seeking help in resisting impulses one knows are wrong. That's pretty much what I got out of the talk, anyway.
One thing that caught my ear in that talk was her claim that people are pedophiles "from birth". I doubt there is good evidence for this, and it seems a dangerous assumption to make. There may well be factors in early childhood that contribute to it and might be avoided. And even if it is a condition that somehow exists from birth, it might be related the environment in the womb or to genetics. There's gotta be some reason for it. Researchers need to find out what it is and develop effective treatment and prevention options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 06:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
The transgender and pedophile agendas are linked.

There is only one reason to dress little boys like sexual drag queens. Just one. And if you can't see/acknowledge that, your eyes aren't open.

reality: it is what it IS, not what you want it to be

Old 06-19-2018, 07:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Ive been saying for years how we are being desensitized to pedophilia, lots of people, even here on CD, thought I was crazy, said such a thing would never happen.

First step is desensitization, then comes toleration, then acceptance, and eventually celebration, and apologizing for once 'discriminating' against them.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive been saying for years how we are being desensitized to pedophilia, lots of people, even here on CD, thought I was crazy, said such a thing would never happen.

First step is desensitization, then comes toleration, then acceptance, and eventually celebration, and apologizing for once 'discriminating' against them.
Yep.

I saw a meme that had this:

2000: "Hey bigots, we're not going into school to teach your kids how to be LBGT, just want you to accept us" pic of big rainbow flag
2017: Pic of a sexualized drag queen reading to 5 y olds at library; pic of teacher reading pro-transgender book to kindergarten class

People are B L I N D. They seriously don't see it. Frogs in the pot, water getting hotting. Brainwashed.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:35 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times
Quote:

Precisely.

As I said above, once you're aware of how the conditioning works you begin to see it yourself. They can't be as blatant about it since this country took a significant swing to the Right in the elections of 2016. But, during the Obama years it was done quite directly. I would know, I lived in NC during the time of the CRAZED, fake and orchestrated transgender bathroom nonsense. SMH.

So Dark Enlightenment -- for some odd reason you didn't answer my question. I assume that means that you have lived in Japan for some time. Pls do not even think you understand what goes over here in the loopy USA, even if you are American.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Precisely.

As I said above, once you're aware of how the conditioning works you begin to see it yourself. They can't be as blatant about since America took a significant swing to the Right in 2016. But, during the Obama years it was done quite directly. I would know, I lived in NC during the time of the CRAZED, fake and orchestrated transgender bathroom nonsense. SMH.

So Dark Enlightenment -- for some odd reason you didn't answer my question. I assume that means that you have lived in Japan for some time. Pls do not even think you understand what goes over here in the loopy USA even if you are American.
Oh yes, I even started a thread on the movies and tv show forum about this. I was surprised how many popular movies portrayed pedophilia in positive or normal light. seems like this got started around the late 60s early 70s and still going on today.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:46 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times
Quote:
Oh yes, I even started a thread on the movies and tv show forum about this. I was surprised how many popular movies portrayed pedophilia in positive or normal light. seems like this got started around the late 60s early 70s and still going on today.
Well, when we have a former President who was/is good pals with a convicted pedophile, and flew many times on his private plane (it's documented in flight logs) to that creeps own Caribbean island where the dirty deeds would occur -- and American citizens and the media don't seem to care ......

.....then you have a blatant sign that normalization is occurring!!

Old 06-19-2018, 07:56 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
This is all rationalizing pedophilia even though that may not be your intention.

The notion that attraction to prepubescent children is just an alternate sexual orientation like gay and strait and that age is a social construct arbitrarily defined by society are both rhetorical tactics that people use in an effort to normalize pedophilia.

That's a slippery slope that we shouldn't ever go down. Period.
I have never met a person who rationalized the molestation of children.

I do know that the word “child” has referred to a changing subset of our society throughout the years, though.

On the one hand, you have to realize that the vast majority of pedophiles will not be acting on their urges.

On the other, you have to realize that what we NOW think of as pedophilia, in many cases, would have been NORMAL a century or so ago.

So, we do not allow it now...but, we used to.

Why would we not want to help pedophiles who never touched a child in an inappropriate way?

I’d think we should all feel obliged, as a society, to help keep kids from harm.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:00 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
"Why our perception of pedophilia has to change"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjKts_KFDB4

This is actually happening. TED talks is giving this legitimacy. The crowd even applauded her. Slowly but surely people are trying to normalize pedophilia as a sexual orientation on the same level as homosexuality.

The progressive left is going to make it so that we have to accept and be tolerant of everybody's perversions. Europe is leading the way towards the normalization of degeneracy.
This talk is not about rationalizing the act of molesting or having sex with children. You may want to rewatch it. The speaker is not wanting to normalize that kind of behavior.

Being a “pedophile” and “having sex with or sexually molesting children” are not the same thing.

The goal is to prevent the former from ever doing the latter by trying to help them...mentally and physically.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:01 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Nobody said anything about a cure, and even treatment is probably not a good term. Perhaps coping would be a better one: seeking help in resisting impulses one knows are wrong. That's pretty much what I got out of the talk, anyway.
This sounds reasonable I can see it helping those that have some insight and empathy. I see some serious potential obstacles though I've had exposure to this population in addition to lack of impulse control many have low capacity for empathy.(this is a component that just isn't part of some people's makeup, just read the posts on this forum it becomes apparent). I think the right available treatment needs to be identified and those that can potentially benefit screened. So many are too far gone.(they're a waste of resources!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies