Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 09:03 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Shameful op.

Abortion is nothing like what the Nazi's did.

Nor does the majority of the world care about what the church thinks. Tell them to stop defending their perverts. Would be a good start to redemption for them.
It is quite bizarre to hold the Catholic church up as a shining example, given the way they have harbored child molesters, of how to ensure the safety of the unborn.

Maybe they are not interested in child safety once they are born?

Old 06-19-2018, 09:05 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I also think she wants to stop them from having sex outside marriage, to be fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64
Or non-procreative sex within marriage, for that matter.
Yep, she's appointed herself the sex police. Good little Catholic girls only engage in sex to make babies for God. Sex in any other case must be punished.

My original point stands, she cares nothing for the children. Only that she is allowed to punish women who have sex by forcing them to give birth against their will.

That's her real and only interest in this subject matter.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:17 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep, she's appointed herself the sex police. Good little Catholic girls only engage in sex to make babies for God. Sex in any other case must be punished.

My original point stands, she cares nothing for the children. Only that she is allowed to punish women who have sex by forcing them to give birth against their will.

That's her real and only interest in this subject matter.
Yep!

Old 06-19-2018, 09:28 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,814 times
Quote:
I'm not up on my Catholicism lately, but isn't that basically what the church tells people they are supposed to do?

I guess married guys who are Catholics either frequent brothels to keep the wives from sinning or they masturbate a lot?

Most of the Catholics I've ever met left the church or stayed and were more progressive, so I don't know how the hardcore crowd hangs.
Some Catholics are opposed to any form of birth control, outside of "natural family planning," where the woman takes her temperature to see when she is likely to ovulate. I have even known a few who don't approve of that, and feel that a couple should only ever have sex if they are open to a possible pregnancy, with no effort of any kind to avoid one. Most that I have met quietly use whatever method works for them.

The fact is that I am Catholic - a convert - although quite lapsed at this point. The birth control debate, along with the same-sex marriage issue, is part of why. I can understand and respect people following their conscience in this, but I get incredibly frustrated with people who claim to be pro-life, yet cheer useless wars, embrace the death penalty, and want to do away with the social safety net, including protection for children who have actually been born. It seems very inconsistent to me, particularly when they vote for people whose overall policies are cruel because...OMG, abortion! Banning abortion isn't going to end it. Making unplanned pregnancies less financially daunting for poor women might well reduce its frequency, though.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:37 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,015,891 times
Quote:
I'm not up on my Catholicism lately, but isn't that basically what the church tells people they are supposed to do?

I guess married guys who are Catholics either frequent brothels to keep the wives from sinning or they masturbate a lot?

Most of the Catholics I've ever met left the church or stayed and were more progressive, so I don't know how the hardcore crowd hangs.

Doesn't that earn you a trip to hell as well?

If the bible was strictly followed... 99% of us are going to hell.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:40 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,091,955 times
Quote:

Because God loves us.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:40 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,176,722 times
Quote:

And a good time will be had by all.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:42 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Franklin Graham---

I appreciate Pope Francis boldly speaking out for the unborn. The Pope denounced abortion, calling it the “white glove” equivalent of the Nazi-era eugenics program.
Good for you, Franklin Graham, and the Pope. Together, you make three people. That's your opinion.

There are an estimated 7.5 BILLION people on this planet, many of which disagree with your stance on abortion.

I'm a Christian and yet I would never dream of telling somebody else what THEY can do with THEIR own bodies. And I can't even fathom attempting to project MY religious beliefs onto others when it comes to their own bodies and lives.

I wish more religious people, of all faiths, cabaple of being humble servants god wants them to be and stop telling everyone else what to do with their time here on earth. Leave the judging to God.

Last edited by NeutralParty; 06-19-2018 at 09:52 AM..

Old 06-19-2018, 09:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Because God loves us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ8hefESt7c

Old 06-19-2018, 09:49 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Because God loves us.
And don't forget that he's merciful...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies