Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 06:54 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,219,603 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm doing my best to increase that percentage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 06:55 AM

764 posts, read 235,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I have never seen a semi automatic 357, all I know of have been revolter, which are not semi automatic in any way. So I'm curieous what brand and model is it. I like to check that out
It may be a .357 SIG.......... G32. Although I am skeptical.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:00 AM

764 posts, read 235,323 times
From your link.......

A note of caution: Gun ownership surveys always contain a degree of inaccuracy. As long as Americans can still legally purchase guns in many states without a permit or license, there doesn’t seem to be a systematic method of tracking the population of US gun owners.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Strict state gun laws don’t matter when the state next to you has relaxed gun laws. If all the states followed the same gun laws, it would be a lot harder for the wrong people to get a hold of guns.
Not true at all, for proof of this, just look at heroin, its 100% illegal in every state, very tough laws on the books on possession, sale and manufacture, of it...yet numerous cities and states have major heroin epidemics going on right now.

Even though its highly illegal in every state, enough to cause epidemics is consistently coming in and reaching its destination.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:13 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
I’m all for gun ownership. I own a few myself. I just hate it when people point out thing like New Jersey having strict gun laws. People can easily drive to the next state and get whatever they want.

Again, I’m all for responsible gun ownership, but I’m also for responsible selling.
Find me a gun store with an FFL that will sell you a firearm without a NICS. Film it.

Good luck.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I have no issue with a waiting period"

With today's technology your ENTIRE criminal record can be accessed IMMEDIATELY just like the police do when they do traffic stop on you. No need for a waiting period,
That is not accurate, police cannot access a persons entire criminal history at a traffic stop! LOL, background checks still take days and weeks to complete. they are checking for active warrants at traffic stops, nothing more.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:17 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
I live in a fairly split county. I know a lot of people and a very high number of them have at least a handgun. I think there is no way any stat like that is close to being correct. If I were to be "polled" today there is no way in hell I'd claim to own a firearm.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:18 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The government got caught running illegal guns into the US (see "fast and Furious" under Obama). Also, countries like Mexico have universal gun laws and you can see how well those are working out there.

Exactly, and at least one of those guns was traced as the weapon that killed one of our border agents. There is no telling how many Mexicans have been intimidated, wounded or murdered with one of Obamas guns.

Mexico should serve as an example that with sweeping gun bans it is the criminals and gang cartels that retain their guns to intimidate the now helpless law abiding.

I wonder what would happen if the Dems got their wish and the Second Amendment was crossed off the Constitution and all guns were outlawed. The cartels and gangs would have free range of the nation and in turn it would be the good people of the US that would storm the borders to the South and North seeking asylum from gang violence. I wonder how we would be met?

Old 06-19-2018, 07:20 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Strict state gun laws don’t matter when the state next to you has relaxed gun laws. If all the states followed the same gun laws, it would be a lot harder for the wrong people to get a hold of guns.
You mean people in Illinois and D.C. don't follow the laws that are on the books? By all means, let's add more laws to the mix then. After all, if we just put enough laws in place we can make America gun-free. It works so well at the school level, after all.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:42 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What facts do you base this claim on?

Or is this just another SWAG?
Because most firearms owners don't answer surveys or polls about firearms, at least none I know.

The Pew study polled 2,010 Americans and the Harvard/Northeastern Study was nearly 4,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies