Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 08:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

A win for Freedom and Liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 08:01 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
We were in Denver last week. My husband had a terrible nasty cold. It was awful. We tried every over the counter med -- still miserable. My son gave him a 'sleepy' edible. Best night's sleep he had had all week. It was all he needed to start feeling better -- sleep.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:03 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://globalnews.ca/news/4282677/p...senate-passes/

This was a central part of the government's campaign promise, and it looks like it will have full effect at the end of August.

Canada joins Uruguay as the second country to legalize marijuana and Portugal who has decriminalized it (as well as all drugs).

It appears that the experiments in Uruguay, Portugal and many of the States that overall, the effect has been positive; less crime, less policing for marijuana and associated costs, and a controlled environment that results in a lessening of marijuana use among minors.

Some huge grow operations are ready to go, and being built right now.

Edmonton area cannabis production set to soar | Edmonton Journal
well that's a good thing...

now if they can only stop using the slang term of marijuana... it is cannabis or hemp...

and there are 1001 uses for the plant, other than getting high...

its truly too bad that liberals made it illegal in 1937

Old 06-19-2018, 08:07 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't always agree with you, but this is one of those times. It seems pretty simple to me.
Simple?

Even though I agree with you, do you have any idea how many posters here in this forum are right now slapping their foreheads and exclaiming "Legalizing all drugs is simple? What planet do you live on?!?" so loudly that their neighbors are wondering what all the yelling is about.

To you and me, the idea seems so simple because we have applied critical thinking skills, along with weighing the results of decriminalization (of all drugs) from other places in the world, then came to our conclusion.

For many, even if they can get past the critical thinking skills issue, they simply can't get past the brainwashing they and their parents were raised on: Illegal drugs are so bad and so harmful, that the more draconian we can make the laws against them, the better. The more War we can make against them, the better. To quote Trump: "Death penalty to dealers!".

No, I'm afraid that we Americans, as a whole, are way too stuffy to consider results that comes from foreign countries, no matter how promising, because ideas from foreign countries just can't be as good as our ideas, right?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Drug prohibition is big money making business for the government. Just clean up the money by using civil forfeiture for the police to grab everything a person has, especially cash, when found in possession of drugs. It helps explain why it's so slow and frustrating for the U. S. to legalize marijuana.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:56 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
We were in Denver last week. My husband had a terrible nasty cold. It was awful. We tried every over the counter med -- still miserable. My son gave him a 'sleepy' edible. Best night's sleep he had had all week. It was all he needed to start feeling better -- sleep.
Edibles don't freaking play.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:10 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
i actually dont care about weed. i just dont think its a federal issue. but dont cocaine and heroin come from a plant?
So does alcohol.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:12 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Congrats to Canada!

Old 06-19-2018, 09:14 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
i actually dont care about weed. i just dont think its a federal issue. but dont cocaine and heroin come from a plant?
A lot of our pharmacopeia comes from plants.

Do you know what it takes to derive the active compounds from pounds and pounds of coca leaf to produce cocaine base? The effort it takes to make heroin?

I don't think there's anyone growing poppies or coca at home with the desire to use the end result.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:32 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Now we'll have pot smuggled in from the north and the south. We were just in Hawaii on business/pleasure. Lots of nice empty pineapple and sugar cane fields just waiting for some Maui Wowie. Trump may be the only Republican president with the chutzpah to pull off some form of legalization
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies