Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 08:03 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Why would I want to live in a country run by a fake, arrogant, boring liberal like Justin Tredeau when I could live in a state run by a proud supporter of President Trump, hero, man of complete and unquestioned integrity like Governor LePage.

Toronto is just like London and Malmo these days. A city that is in a quick decline from it's own liberal agenda.

Thanks to outspoken, public safety hero's like Paul LePage the state of Maine does not have the level of issues of other states.
Maine has been a safe state well before LaPage came along. Why not compare to Chiapas or Yucatan, both of which have much similar murder rates as Maine. Why not compare other red states, but is Maine really a red state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 08:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Maine too cold there. And it's a wet cold.
Tijuana 246 sq miles
Maine 35000+ sq miles

When you live on top of each other and are thawed out, you'll commit more crime. You're comparing apples to ice cubes.

No access to upward mobility....

Old 06-20-2018, 08:20 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,746,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
You get a chance to see a lot of beautiful Latinas so thats balances itself out. Seriously if you know what you are doing Tijuana is awesome. not some boring typical America suburb ( target, ross, petco) wow thats something I never see anywhere!!
It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there! In other words, if you love the place so much, you go visit Tijuana, don't bring Tijuana to us.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Gee, shocking news, Tijuana is a dangerous place !!! Hell, we have known that for decades and decades. Just the way it is and has always been. To compare it to Maine serves no purpose, statistically.
Its only dangerous because of one reason, the drug cartels. Who is the largest customer of the cartels...its the US demand for their drugs that fuels all this violence.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:39 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its only dangerous because of one reason, the drug cartels. Who is the largest customer of the cartels...its the US demand for their drugs that fuels all this violence.
Too true. And as an educated, informed liberal I'm aware of that but I'm also aware of the fact that a broken Mexican government is also to blame (just like the righties think!). That's the difference, they can only place blame elsewhere, in their perfection(?) I guess. We understand that like most issues, this one isn't black and white and there is blame to go around. Any proposed real solutions have to include this reality or they fail, as we've seen. The right can't wrap their heads around that, they want to punish someone and they always pick weakest to punish. Just like any bully does.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:26 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
What a thoughtless comparison. Maine to TJ? Really? I guess if Canadians wanted Maine lobster rolls so badly that they payed billions of dollars for them then we might have a valid comparison. Otherwise, blame the brown the people. Right?
What does that mean, anyway? Letting your racism show much?

Old 06-20-2018, 11:31 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What does that mean, anyway? Letting your racism show much?
What a keen insight you have.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:16 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,102 times
In other news, Texas has more murders than Antarctica and is 100 times bigger than Texas. Mind blown... Me thinks a course in logic may help OP!

Old 06-20-2018, 07:50 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

El paso is predominantly Hispanic and Latino, and one of the safest places in the United States in one of the most conservative staes in America. What does that say?

2017 Rankings: El Paso No. 2 Safest City in America

It says that the Sinoloa Cartel and Los Zetas like El Paso ("The Pass") as their preferred geographic conduit into the U. S. drug market, and, in view thereof, both groups aim to restrict their more overt criminal activities to Ciudad Juarez.

If you thought it said something other than that, you were wrong.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
I'm sure Mexico and it's strict gun laws would be a safe paradise if only people couldn't just waltz across the border to California and buy guns as easy as candy. Right? Isn't that the usual excuse for why strict gun laws fail? Because guns are easier to get somewhere else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies