Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 11:15 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times

Advertisements

I was catching up on the White House youtube channel to see what's really been going on while propaganda media screams about children in cages. (yawn)

This was Trump's speech before the Natl Federation of Independent Business. He addressed the immigration story up front briefly. But afterward there was lots of info on tax cuts, fewer regulations, various ways his administration is helping small business, as you'd expect at this gathering. BUT...

At around the 40:00 mark he talks about Sec. of Labor Alex Acosta implementing a plan whereby small businesses can form associations on their own, even across state lines, to negotiate for better health plans for less money! Just started today so I assume the White House will officially announce it tomorrow.

So if you own a small business or work for one, you need to find out about this fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNhyPJdnXEA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 11:39 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Don't expect to see much in the line of coverage from the left-wing talking heads on CNN or NBC.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:11 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Don't expect to see much in the line of coverage from the left-wing talking heads on CNN or NBC.
"CBS Ignores FBI Getting Grilled on Capitol Hill Over IG Report"

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...over-ig-report

"Press Ignores Obama's Lie About Emails to Hillary's Private Server"

"Despite these indisputable facts, reports at the nation's three gatekeeping establishment press outlets have not mentioned Obama's name in connection with any of this."

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...private-server

[CENTER]

I have said for year it is NOT just what the media reports BIT what they DON'T report!
[/CENTER]

Old 06-20-2018, 09:24 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Thanks for posting the video. I am going through it...

I am at the part where he is talking about the health care... I love the line... "get the meanest, vicious, most nastiest manager/owner to negotiate your health care... " --hilarious

Old 06-20-2018, 09:26 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Another nail in the Obamacare coffin.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:27 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I was catching up on the White House youtube channel to see what's really been going on while propaganda media screams about children in cages.
So, you go to the White House Youtube channel and think it ISN'T propaganda?!?!?!? :

Heck, even I would acknowledge that even my favorite president's Youtube channel would be an awful source of information, because it would mostly be propaganda.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No shortage of media coverage.

Here’s one:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/polit...ing/index.html

Lower benefits= lower premiums for some people, some of the time, for some geographical regions.

As it relates to cross state insurance there is no federal law to prevent it. All insurance is regulated by each state. No 2 states have the same regulations or the same market dynamics.

Hillary was the first to propose creating healthcare regions across states to widen markets and bring down premiums and did so 25 years ago. At the time Republicans used state rights to bash the concept. Fast forward, Mc Cain made the same pitch.

From a practical standpoint,the cost of healthcare is local. Variables include:

Number providers per capital

Number hospital beds per capital

Number networks

Number and type of claims made per capital. The health / lack thereof, of the local population is a huge factor.

The same insurer selling the same plan within the same state charges different premiums dependent on geography within state.

Despite it all, a lot of people continue to assume all healthcare insurance is alike- a fungible product. Reality is it’s more complicated than that.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 06-20-2018 at 12:01 PM..

Old 06-20-2018, 11:50 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
I believe the ACA allowed small business to be able to form Assoc. to create a small business pool. So nothing new except it is now the same crap insurance we had before the ACA, high cost and no benefit. Personal bankruptcies will start anew.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:09 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I believe the ACA allowed small business to be able to form Assoc. to create a small business pool. So nothing new except it is now the same crap insurance we had before the ACA, high cost and no benefit. Personal bankruptcies will start anew.
I don't think small associations were permitted under ACA.

ObamaCare Small Business Facts

Old 06-20-2018, 12:24 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
There has been a provision that allows cross state shopping but it is moot. The reason is that insurance companies won't compete because it is difficult and expensive to do so. The core of any health insurance is the doctor network. If a Dr is signed up with Blue Cross, and United Health comes in and wants to sign him, health care companies may have to bid for his services. What if UH said they wold pay $5 more for an office visit and he decided to cut out BC and go with UH. Then BC would have to come in and raise their rate to the Dr. Insurance companies don't want that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies