Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 11:26 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Something deflective and fallacious that agreed with that person's bias.

Just someone equally as lazy as the person you were responding to, who views complete, thoughtful, sober answers with disdain because reading them requires more effort than their bumper sticker mentality is capable of.
Quantity doesn't equal quality.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:26 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Funny how brown and black people always seek refuge in countries founded by white men.
Agreed and excellent point. As a black man, it’s exactly why I’ve stated America is as good as it gets for any minority.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:30 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The funny thing about this whole dust up is that as a white person, I've never heard any of my coworkers, friends, or family contribute to racist language. On the other hand, I live in a city, and I've had multiple (maybe 8-10) instances where in my local convenience store I've witnessed black and Hispanic men and women verbally abuse (sing racist language) the Indian owners and workers in these stores. Its a small sample size, but its definitely a pattern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Did you speak up?
You took the words straight from my mouth.

I promise you I’d have spoken up. Everyone should in a similar situation.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:31 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I applaud this. If only others would follow your example. The truth hurts and that article strikes at the heart of what makes many white people very uncomfortable.
Not catering to your political demands does not mean that we are uncomfortable, afraid, or anything else but resistant to your political demands.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:32 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The root is about two baby steps away from being the black people version of Stormfront.

Black nationalism, extremism and racism, however, is normalized and accepted in ways leftists like to THINK (wrongly) that white nationalism is.
The irony of all of it is that you won’t see any writers from The Root boarding any plane to Africa to live.

Nope, much better to enjoy the double standard of insulting all white people with racist remarks while enjoying the white man’s standard of living in his western country.

Sometimes I wonder if they know that white people are responsible for electing a black man president for 8 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Nope, the Indian folks that were there had obviously dealt with it before. On all occasions I've seen them shut it down on their own, or just call the police, which also usually shuts it down.
Your (and others) lack of action perpetuates the problem, which is what the article discusses.

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Oh look the race baiting anti white dude wrote another anti white article today

Whites are “angry” according to him because more white people are dying according to some study .

This guy is a real lunatic . Most white people just want to live their lives and support their families just like most non whites .

This guy is a joke . It’s divisive nonsense he spews.

New Study Might Explain Why White People Seem So Angry Lately
https://www.theroot.com/new-study-mi...gry-1826985692

Old 06-20-2018, 11:35 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Your (and others) lack of action perpetuates the problem, which is what the article discusses.
You think the media has given a lack of attention to Black Lives Matters issues ? Really ?

Old 06-20-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Only in America, where they are privileged to do so.

Last Summer in Brooklyn, I watched a Black teenager punch and eighty year old (no exaggeration) Korean shop owner in the face. His shop is across from a black middle school. The medics came and he escaped with a black eye. He said that it happens once or twice per year.

In India or Korea, or for most of American history, that wouldn't happen. I'll leave it at that.

Not everything is better.
You watched. Did you also speak up and help?

Old 06-20-2018, 11:36 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, some of us brown or black people didn't have a choice. Puh-leeze.

There's an old saying...we're here because you were over there.

Things like wars, colonialism, overthrowing governments, civil unrest, predatory trade policies --- which lead to displacement, refugees, political asylum.

The only people who didn't have a choice of where they ended up are the ones who were sold by their ancestors to the European and Arab slavers and taken across the Atlantic. 99.9% of everyone else is exactly where they are because they chose and choose to be there. And you're certainly here today on your own volition. Millions with less have traveled further to be happy and have opportunity you think you don't have in America (where black North Americans are actually the most educated, richest and most successful significant population of black people on the planet).

NOTHING "Europe" did to "black and brown people" is unique. Certainly, everything Europe did to "black and brown" people was done to EUROPE, FIRST, by black and brown people. The Arab/African colonization of Europe lasted HUNDREDS of years longer than the other way around. Millions of European women and boys were rested from the shores of Europe (literally kidnapped, not sold like in African slave trade) to work and be sex toys for the Caliphate and Moors.

And like I said, today, minorities of all kinds always fare better in white-majority countries, than in non-white-majority countries. Why are black and brown countries so terrible toward racial, religious, ethnic and sexual minorities? Why is that?

Maybe you should get y'alls houses in order before you try running in the oppression Olympics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies