Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 11:36 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You took the words straight from my mouth.

I promise you I’d have spoken up. Everyone should in a similar situation.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the whole gist here - everyone should speak up if there is injustice to anyone, even ones who aren't of your group or ethnicity.

That's the whole idea of quoting Martin Niemuller's words. If you're a bystander, that's not good.

Instead, look at the range of reactions you got. That tells you of the character and intent of those people. Snide comments about SJWs, apologists for imperialism, pseudo-intellectual retorts. That's on them, not you.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:38 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You watched. Did you also speak up and help?

LMAO. Yeah I'm sure a young black teen who just punched an 80 year old Korean guy is going to listen to a white guy lecture him?

God, white liberals really do live in a fantasy world where people *listen* to them. What a bloated sense of self-importance they have.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:38 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Quantity doesn't equal quality.
Another non-answer. Still waiting for the incisive critique, or even proof of literacy.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:39 AM

638 posts, read 624,105 times
Hmmm.

I like living in a "white" country

Old 06-20-2018, 11:39 AM

24,627 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Oh look the race baiting anti white dude wrote another anti white article today

Whites are “angry” according to him because more white people are dying according to some study .

This guy is a real lunatic . Most white people just want to live their lives and support their families just like most non whites .

This guy is a joke . It’s divisive nonsense he spews.

New Study Might Explain Why White People Seem So Angry Lately
https://www.theroot.com/new-study-mi...gry-1826985692
Race baiting and anti-white sentiment is big business in this country. It’s a sad double standard that people have used to exploit racism for profit

Race baiters usually won’t get very far in life with such bigoted and intolerant views.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:40 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Cali Doll-

Great article and thanks for posting. America was built on the backs of Black people, most of it for free. I have a question for Trump's merry band of misfits -- Who were America's first Illegal immigrants?? White folks. Get over that reality!
this post is painfully stupid.
name the immigration laws broken by what you termed 'America's first illegal immigrants'

Old 06-20-2018, 11:40 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the whole gist here - everyone should speak up if there is injustice to anyone, even ones who aren't of your group or ethnicity.

That's the whole idea of quoting Martin Niemuller's words. If you're a bystander, that's not good.

Instead, look at the range of reactions you got. That tells you of the character and intent of those people. Snide comments about SJWs, apologists for imperialism, pseudo-intellectual retorts. That's on them, not you.
You nailed it.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:

That's the whole idea of quoting Martin Niemuller's words.

Instead, look at the range of reactions you got. That tells you of the character and intent of those people.

Admirable point of view. Too bad the standard only seems to attach to responsibilities white people have, as a result of perceived white privilege.

After all, Uncle Tom, Coon, etc. aren't terms employed by white people against blacks anymore, but loooord if you're on any black media site and dare utter anything deemed against "the black interest."

It is indisputable that white people actually have the most "point of view" diversity of any racial group in America, and are CONSTANTLY calling each other out for the ways other white people act against "others" in ways I have never, ever ever ever, seen in minority media or "black or brown" countries.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:41 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
What did she say so well?
You told me to read it. I said I did. I am not sure how to state this more clearly.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Race baiting and anti-white sentiment is big business in this country. It’s a sad double standard that people have used to exploit racism for profit

Race baiters usually won’t get very far in life with such bigoted and intolerant views.

They can get government jobs and (these days, media jobs) easily enough. And that's really enough, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies